A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:29:38 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stormgasm 2015 is now open...  (Read 19097 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2015, 09:34:55 pm »

Apparently McNellies has a basement that everyone had to evacuate to

I know the building has a basement.  I don't know what it may have in it, if anything.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2015, 10:27:31 pm »

I know the building has a basement.  I don't know what it may have in it, if anything.
I know that people at the hockey game were all shuffled to the basement. I was up at the office. Our building has two big old vaults in case we needed it. We didn't. But now I have no power and estimates are restoration at 7am.

Have I mentioned that overhead lines in a city like Tulsa are asinine?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2015, 05:58:11 am »

Heh, I know who did it.  His photoshop skills are pretty amazing.  Said he never even saved it on his hard drive before it went viral.

It looked good.....

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2015, 07:01:27 am »

I know that people at the hockey game were all shuffled to the basement. I was up at the office. Our building has two big old vaults in case we needed it. We didn't. But now I have no power and estimates are restoration at 7am.

KRMG was reporting there’s wind damage on 15th between Sheridan & Memorial.  Did you see anything on your way home?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2015, 07:42:31 am »

And in Moore Oklahoma....... Roll Eyes
People there need to get a clue.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2015, 07:48:43 am »

I got to my glass class at Waterworks about 5:30 and was promptly sent to the basement. At one point we could hear what sounded like the roar of a tornado passing by very closely. There was no power and all we had was the light of our cell phones while we hunkered down there until about 6:45. I have a bit of hail damage on my car - not too bad though and I will wait until the storm season is over before worrying about it.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2015, 08:29:05 am »

KRMG was reporting there’s wind damage on 15th between Sheridan & Memorial.  Did you see anything on your way home?

Nope, but I just got out and got back.  Police have 15th blocked at Sheridan and Memorial, so no getting in that neighborhood unless you do it from 21st Street.  I just drove west on Admrial from the Traffic Circle to Sheridan, down to 21st, back up 21st to Memorial and up Memorial to 11th Street and home.  I saw a couple of uprooted trees up Memorial and the like.  Captain D's sign on Admiral just west of Memorial was blown over.  Big bucket trucks working on power lines just across from the Ghetto Mart on the hill.  Lots of Cox trucks, AT&T as well.  I've seen worse after storms, but I didn't go out east yet.  Since I"m off this week, I might try and get out towards Sand Springs if I can get there to see how it looks.

However, what I did see last night at work while out on the back dock was a power pole leaning over at about a 30 degree angle that would have been in between Sheridan and Memorial on 15th Street.  I'm sure that's related.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2015, 08:32:48 am »

I got to my glass class at Waterworks about 5:30 and was promptly sent to the basement. At one point we could hear what sounded like the roar of a tornado passing by very closely. There was no power and all we had was the light of our cell phones while we hunkered down there until about 6:45. I have a bit of hail damage on my car - not too bad though and I will wait until the storm season is over before worrying about it.

As much hail as I drove through trying to get back to work, I'm surprised mine has no hail damage.  I parked the car in the overhang of the loading docks at work up a ramp so that likely saved my bacon.  I looked pretty hard at the car this morning and no dents that I observed.  No cracked windshields, no house damage.  I consider myself lucky coming through this the way I did.  Power did finally come back on about 6:45 this morning; just got my TV/Internet/landline back about 10 minutes ago.

AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2015, 09:27:08 am »

Turns out the gymnastics center on Charles Page that got hit was less than 2 miles away from Waterworks (Newblock Park). We probably did indeed hear the tornado passing by us.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2015, 09:47:43 am »

And in Moore Oklahoma....... Roll Eyes
People there need to get a clue.

There is something "otherworldly" bizarre about how Moore keeps getting hit in the same place every time a storm comes through.  I got sandblasted by the debris cloud there last night (posted in other thread) and it was less than 1,000 feet north of the monster that blasted the place previously.

It's as if the Weather Gods have a personal thing against the town! 

It may have to be abandoned and allowed to return to pasture!  From about 82nd street to Indian Hills Road.  It is becoming one of those things like New Orleans - why keep doing the same thing in the same place with the same destructive results?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2015, 10:10:58 am »

Overshadowed by the weather was a report earlier yesterday that early in the week there was a record number of earthquakes in the area (north central OK) where the storm seemed to have started. So many that the state is warning drillers.

I remember hearing that there may be a connection between the quakes and storms. Anyone else hear or know about that?

onward...through the fog
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2015, 10:19:43 am »

There is something "otherworldly" bizarre about how Moore keeps getting hit in the same place every time a storm comes through.  I got sandblasted by the debris cloud there last night (posted in other thread) and it was less than 1,000 feet north of the monster that blasted the place previously.

It's as if the Weather Gods have a personal thing against the town! 

It may have to be abandoned and allowed to return to pasture!  From about 82nd street to Indian Hills Road.  It is becoming one of those things like New Orleans - why keep doing the same thing in the same place with the same destructive results?

I wonder what the odds are of anywhere getting struck by a tornado twice are, let alone what are the odds that an area can be struck every other year over the last five years, and four times at least since 1999?
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2015, 11:15:49 am »

Of course, my drunk friends were sitting at Arnie’s marveling at roofing material sailing down 2nd St, apparently.

Got to protect jobs for tree trimming corporations.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2015, 11:35:04 am »

I saw that picture on the Daily Mail. Nice backdrop of Downtown though.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2015, 11:36:34 am »

I saw that picture on the Daily Mail. Nice backdrop of Downtown though.

And the lack of parking
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org