A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:51:44 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avanti Building Update (First Presbyterian)  (Read 12796 times)
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2015, 11:10:02 am »

I can't imagine they're not paying taxes if it's being leased for commercial purposes.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2015, 11:25:47 am »

I can't imagine they're not paying taxes if it's being leased for commercial purposes.

Its not like the person that owns the building changes because they lease it out.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2015, 01:10:14 pm »

Its not like the person that owns the building changes because they lease it out.

Property taxes are based on use of the property, not the status of the owner.  Not the same as income tax.
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2015, 02:40:40 pm »

Even if it is used for commercial purposes like housing or office space?
It is and will be taxable.

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2015, 02:52:27 pm »

It is and will be taxable.

Thanks Kirby!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2015, 02:54:38 pm »

Right, but as with our Art Deco Museum which also is a non-profit, if we make income with something that is not related to our mission, then we must pay taxes on it.  We pay taxes on items sold at our gift shop for instance, but donations to the museum that are used to further the mission of the museum, are not taxed.  

I am guessing that if we had our own stand alone museum and part of the building was for gallery/office space and part of the building was a gift shop and restaurant, the portion that was not office/gallery space would be taxed (sure there are caveats like, if the amount of space were over such and such and we made more than X amount, etc.).  It may even be that part of the Philcade that is being used for the museum may be able to get some tax deductions and such, but really have no idea.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 02:56:42 pm by TheArtist » Logged

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
rdj
City Father

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2015, 03:02:10 pm »

They pay ad valorem taxes based on the value on the property but not the income they receive from the leasing of the building.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
BuiltRight
Citizen

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2015, 03:46:21 pm »

Just talked with the property manager and found out that the new name for the building is going to be "8:10" based off address but also a reference to  Romans 8:10. Also found out that they are currently putting in the fire protection and; the exterior shell is suppose to be complete by mid summer, then the interior build out will begin. Below are some renderings of the anchor tenant Cyntergy AEC

More Pictures at:
http://www.cyntergy.com/new-cyntergy-community-space-810-cincinnati-building/
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 02:20:17 pm by BuildRight » Logged
BuiltRight
Citizen

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2015, 03:47:55 pm »

Sorry about the picture size did not realize they were that big, they were much smaller when viewed on their website

http://www.cyntergy.com/new-cyntergy-community-space-810-cincinnati-building/
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2015, 08:19:50 am »

To resize the image, you put width=(size) inside the square brackets []example {img width=600}
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2015, 11:48:47 am »

The woman in the dark blazer is everywhere...and she's creepin' me out.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2015, 12:38:34 pm »

Maybe she has sisters and they all dress alike.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2015, 01:11:15 pm »

It’s the cra-cra eyes.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org