A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:02:54 pm
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cord Cutting in Tulsa  (Read 167938 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #225 on: October 14, 2019, 10:29:45 am »

Data allowance is supposed to be waived for $10 or free if you have TV service.

Of course, having their AT&T TV (formerly known as "DirecTV NOW") doesnt count. They just dont disclose that.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #226 on: August 29, 2020, 01:14:12 pm »

Ive had AT&T TV Now since it was known as DirecTVNOW, and was grandfathered into a really good legacy package that offered channels I watch that their new packages dont include (like AMC, BBC America, etc).

This week that appears to have ended (at least for me) because it looks like they killed grandpa.

Cant log in, but it appears im still going to be billed.
Numerous chat Agents have walked me thru password reset after password reset, each promising it will work this time and in the end offering $5 credits and a follow-up email that never arrives.   

Its a shame because they finally got their cloud DVR working a bit closer to a TiVo (like being able to see what you are fast-forwarding thru) and a decent grid guide that lets you see ahead 2 hours withut having to scroll.

Initially it looked like an issue with Roku but with the runaround from at&t its not clear where the problem lay, and since at&t is overly-focused on hawking its overpriced HBO NOW, it looks like a sinking ship.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #227 on: October 13, 2020, 03:56:31 pm »

A follow-up:
Got rid of AT&T TV NOW and went with Sling for half the price AT&T was charging. 
Not as polished a DVR function and many channels dont allow pause, rewind or fast-forward.

Those credits the Agents promised? Never materialized. 
DirecTV was a good product, but there is no way I could recommend it now under the rule of Ma Bell.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #228 on: October 13, 2020, 03:58:42 pm »

A follow-up:
Got rid of AT&T TV NOW and went with Sling for half the price AT&T was charging. 
Not as polished a DVR function and many channels dont allow pause, rewind or fast-forward.

Those credits the Agents promised? Never materialized. 
DirecTV was a good product, but there is no way I could recommend it now under the rule of Ma Bell.

AT&T is now selling DirecTV.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #229 on: October 15, 2020, 11:28:21 am »

AT&T is now selling DirecTV.

That should help a lot!  AT&T is a big 'suck'.  Hope it happens soon.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
whoatown
Activist

« Reply #230 on: December 06, 2020, 07:58:59 pm »

Got one of those rotating antennas from the place where you can get all kinds of atmosphere.

Not supposed to pick up a weaker station on the outer sides of the fringe of Tulsa, but with this little outdoor job, it is capable of picking it up.

Can get almost 60 channels OTA.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #231 on: December 20, 2020, 09:25:33 pm »

I am finally turning my attention to cutting the cord - cable has pushed my last button so now will dump that sorry garbage.

A few years ago, I found a guy named Danny S Hodges making OTA antennas and showing you how to do it, or even selling a kit for DIY.  That is where I am gonna start...make my own!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org