A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:25:33 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: House Bill 1598,1599  (Read 12290 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« on: January 23, 2015, 09:05:11 am »

Ride Sally Ride!  Shocked
Who elected this woman? These two bills are embarrassing. How can she really think that the State will actually pass them? But of course she won't be available for comment until Monday.
I think her next order of business is where black people should sit on a bus. SMH.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/capitol_report/state-rep-sally-kern-files-three-bills-targeting-gays/article_37ebe9f3-d3d0-5fcf-a98a-fbcc05184f50.html

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 09:17:51 am »

Ride Sally Ride!  Shocked
Who elected this woman? These two bills are embarrassing. How can she really think that the State will actually pass them? But of course she won't be available for comment until Monday.
I think her next order of business is where black people should sit on a bus. SMH.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/capitol_report/state-rep-sally-kern-files-three-bills-targeting-gays/article_37ebe9f3-d3d0-5fcf-a98a-fbcc05184f50.html

Oklahoma City did.

Sometimes term limits are good.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 10:11:51 am »

Oklahoma City did.

When does this troglodyte finally limit out?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 02:41:22 am »

Freedom Oklahoma.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 11:14:35 am »

Oklahoma City did.

Term limits are never good!  It takes away the right to vote.

An educated electorate would be good.... would solve the problems that attempt to be addressed by term limits.  Shame we cut $200+ million from educating that electorate....

Goes to the whole attempt to make things idiot proof - they just keep making better idiots... 

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 05:35:52 pm »

Can you imagine spending that much time worrying about 1) who other people are sexually attracted to, and 2) how to mess with them?

It blows my mind.

Not to mention the stupidity of passing blatantly unconstitutional laws that will solidify Oklahoma's (I like to think perceived) reputation as backwards, hurt commerce, and tell a segment of the population they aren't welcome. BRILLIANT!  As an aside (and to apply some blatant stereotypes) the segment of the population we are trying to run off is known for being creative, educated, low criminality, and for having disposable income.  Portland, Minneapolis, Kansas City, etc. are happy to take our educated, affluent, law abiding citizens and their tax dollars no matter who they love...

::sigh::

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 07:03:40 pm »

Can you imagine spending that much time worrying about 1) who other people are sexually attracted to, and 2) how to mess with them?

It blows my mind.

Not to mention the stupidity of passing blatantly unconstitutional laws that will solidify Oklahoma's (I like to think perceived) reputation as backwards, hurt commerce, and tell a segment of the population they aren't welcome. BRILLIANT!  As an aside (and to apply some blatant stereotypes) the segment of the population we are trying to run off is known for being creative, educated, low criminality, and for having disposable income.  Portland, Minneapolis, Kansas City, etc. are happy to take our educated, affluent, law abiding citizens and their tax dollars no matter who they love...

::sigh::

Perception IS reality.

To endorse your stereotype - absolutely!!  I have some very good friends that we (Okrahoma) lost just for this reason!  BIG loss to the state.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 09:56:13 am »

Perception IS reality.

To endorse your stereotype - absolutely!!  I have some very good friends that we (Okrahoma) lost just for this reason!  BIG loss to the state.

A lesbian couple my wife and I are friends with took their three kids and moved to St. Louis largely due to these issues.  They were the couple who changed my opinion on the issue when one of them explained the sticky issues of right of survivorship and that under then current laws (without spending a ton of money for legal documents) if one of them died, that custody of their children would not automatically go to the other parent.  One of them gave birth to a boy, the other to twin girls, so that was a legitimate concern for both of them.

Ironically, gay marriage was not legalized in Missouri before it was in Oklahoma.  Whoulda thunk it?

They got married the day it was legalized in Mo.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 11:05:07 am »

A lesbian couple my wife and I are friends with took their three kids and moved to St. Louis largely due to these issues.  They were the couple who changed my opinion on the issue when one of them explained the sticky issues of right of survivorship and that under then current laws (without spending a ton of money for legal documents) if one of them died, that custody of their children would not automatically go to the other parent.  One of them gave birth to a boy, the other to twin girls, so that was a legitimate concern for both of them.

Ironically, gay marriage was not legalized in Missouri before it was in Oklahoma.  Whoulda thunk it?

They got married the day it was legalized in Mo.

My friends moved out of the country, so not only did OK lose benefit of their contributions, so did the US.  The total number of people involved including kids is about 10, so when looking at the total contribution lost, it is going to be big over the next few decades.  These are professional people with salaries typically well into the top 2% of US salaries.  STEM professionals.  Artists.  Plus their contribution to the culture, society, and environment of the area they are located.  I know I miss them quite a bit, and the state has lost a lot whether most of it can understand that or not....

And from Sally Kern and her ilk's low sloping brow, mouth-breathing past - and I definitely mean ilk in it's most ilk-ish form - they don't have a clue.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 01:58:06 pm »

She's not a Bigot or a Hater(sic)
"Lay down Sally" at it again. I'm sorry but being born into a Religion can be changed Ms Kern. I will give her one outta three though. You can't change your ethnicity. Well.......unless your Michael jackson.  Roll Eyes

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/capitol_report/state-rep-sally-kern-says-anti-gay-bills-are-an/article_321f4535-c107-5b13-9346-5b3feb14182e.html

Turning marriage licence's to Ordained Ministers and not the Court clerk really shouldn't matter much. There are plenty of Ministers who would have no problem marrying anyone. Granted their schedules may get quite busy but I'm sure they wouldn't mind.
Heck I could probably get me a Ordained Minister licence online very cheap and easy.
Pastor DolfanBob from the Church of the Dolphins. (Miami sect)

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 02:02:58 pm »

She's not a Bigot or a Hater(sic)
"Lay down Sally" at it again. I'm sorry but being born into a Religion can be changed Ms Kern. I will give her one outta three though. You can't change your ethnicity. Well.......unless your Michael jackson.  Roll Eyes

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/capitol_report/state-rep-sally-kern-says-anti-gay-bills-are-an/article_321f4535-c107-5b13-9346-5b3feb14182e.html

Turning marriage licence's to Ordained Ministers and not the Court clerk really shouldn't matter much. There are plenty of Ministers who would have no problem marrying anyone. Granted their schedules may get quite busy but I'm sure they wouldn't mind.
Heck I could probably get me a Ordained Minister licence online very cheap and easy.
Pastor DolfanBob from the Church of the Dolphins. (Miami sect)

Guess I would have to go Pastafarian right now....  or Catholic.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2015, 04:01:44 pm »

Gubna! Should an Oklahoma business be able to discriminate or not offer service to a gay person?
I have a policy of.......

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/capitol_report/gov-mary-fallin-sidesteps-question-on-discrimination-against-gays/article_9c486ca7-c402-5a66-9de8-2c0c874cabce.html

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2015, 04:50:22 pm »

Gubna! Should an Oklahoma business be able to discriminate or not offer service to a gay person?
I have a policy of.......

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/capitol_report/gov-mary-fallin-sidesteps-question-on-discrimination-against-gays/article_9c486ca7-c402-5a66-9de8-2c0c874cabce.html

But she did say that she has gay friends she likes to go out to eat with. Also good job TW on explaining what LBGT means.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2015, 09:17:02 am »

Well it looks like her plan to sneak this through the "Sally Port" didn't go as planned. The waving of the white flag has begun.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepage2/state-rep-sally-kern-withdraws-bill-that-would-have-let/article_52a03a7e-4a1e-50ad-bf78-ec96a48e503a.html

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2015, 12:12:37 pm »

Anti-Gay Legislation Could Hurt State's Economy in the Long Run

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/anti-gay-legislation-could-hurt-states-economy-long-run

A flurry of anti-gay legislation could damage Oklahoma's chances of attracting top companies to the state.

Oklahoma College of Business Dean Mickey Hepner said large companies employ diverse work forces and have an eye on social policies when they consider opening up shop in a state.

"And they want to make sure they're going to be in places that are open and honest and caring and compassionate to all of them," Hepner said "Perhaps the golden rule that we should follow as we think about the policies that we're going to enact is let's always keep in mind how we make others feel, and let's try not to make ourselves look bad.

"Because it really doesn't help us in attracting jobs and, frankly, creating the high quality of life that our current citizens and our future citizens need to have."

Hepner was participating in a panel discussion about the state's economy during the Oklahoma Policy Institute's budget summit in Oklahoma City.

Workforce Tulsa Director Shelley Cadamy was on the same panel. She said the best companies understand diversity helps their bottom lines by having more points of view at the table.

"We have to acknowledge that we need to be a welcoming state if we want our companies to be healthy and to create wealth in Oklahoma," Cadamy said.

Several state legislators have filed bills for the 2015 session targeting LGBT Oklahomans.

It's as if the state can't help raise its sites above its foot.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org