A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:56:05 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SOTU 2015  (Read 7598 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« on: January 20, 2015, 03:28:46 pm »

Prep is going well.

I wonder if this speech with be a state of the union, or another "imonagivya a bunch of free stuff" that will just be laughed off by congress.

With all of the terrorism issues, I would hope some time would be spent focusing on our foreign policy challenges.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 03:57:34 pm »

Prep is going well.

I wonder if this speech with be a state of the union, or another "imonagivya a bunch of free stuff" that will just be laughed off by congress.

With all of the terrorism issues, I would hope some time would be spent focusing on our foreign policy challenges.

Way to rip off the Onion there dude...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 03:59:22 pm »

Way to rip off the Onion there dude...

It was about the funniest thing I'd ever seen.  After quite a dry spell, the Onion has really gotten good this last year.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 05:31:19 pm »

Of course you want Obama to talk about foreign affairs. It is a perfect topic. No one really knows about the real dealings with other countries so it is easy to criticize anything said or done.

Foreign Policy will be the most important topic to every republican for the next two years.

Republicans can't discuss the economy, the price of fuel, the stock market, health insurance, etc. because they make Obama look good.

I just hope that gaspar keeps talking about Benghazi.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 06:14:13 pm »

Republicans can't discuss the economy, the price of fuel, the stock market, health insurance, etc. because they make Obama look good.

Gas went up $.12/gal at QT last night.  Are the good times over?  Health insurance is questionable as whether it benefits Obama's ratings. The stock market is up but everyone is still complaining about stagnant wages.  Obama is not sitting all that pretty.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 06:25:08 pm »

Gas went up $.12/gal at QT last night.  Are the good times over?  Health insurance is questionable as whether it benefits Obama's ratings. The stock market is up but everyone is still complaining about stagnant wages.  Obama is not sitting all that pretty.

If oil is still going down (hint: it is), how can that be attributed to ANY President.  Gasoline was nearly $4 a gallon; it was Obama's fault, gas now under $2, it's Obama's fault (because oil prices are TOO low).

It doesn't matter; in the Republicans minds, he can't do right at all.

As I've said millions of times before, to get rid of Republicans, all Obama would have to do would be to come out in favor of breathing.

Wink

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 07:01:27 pm »

If oil is still going down (hint: it is), how can that be attributed to ANY President.  Gasoline was nearly $4 a gallon; it was Obama's fault, gas now under $2, it's Obama's fault (because oil prices are TOO low).

It doesn't matter; in the Republicans minds, he can't do right at all.

As I've said millions of times before, to get rid of Republicans, all Obama would have to do would be to come out in favor of breathing.

Wink

Have you noticed Uncle Kimchi hasn’t had an excuse yet about low fuel prices under Obama?  I figured he would have already been crowing about how Mary Failin’ and the Republican overthrow of Congress resulted in these low fuel prices. 

Some things defy logic.  That dude completely defies gravity.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 07:15:43 pm »

If oil is still going down (hint: it is), how can that be attributed to ANY President. 

I haven't looked at the price of oil for a few days.  Usually the gasoline suppliers are quick to blame the price of oil for a raise in gasoline prices so I don't need to look.  Avgas is still down to $3.80 at Sand Springs (Pogue) and Okmulgee.   Smiley

I don't blame the price of oil directly on any President, even Jimmy Carter.  Overall policy can have an effect but to say the President controls the price of gasoline would be incorrect.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 07:19:36 pm »

Have you noticed Uncle Kimchi hasn’t had an excuse yet about low fuel prices under Obama?  I figured he would have already been crowing about how Mary Failin’ and the Republican overthrow of Congress resulted in these low fuel prices. 

No need to state the obvious.

Grin

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

Re:
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 10:20:51 am »

Awfully quiet in here.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

Re:
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 01:56:06 pm »

Awfully quiet in here.

Doesn't seem to be much point....

The real world knows that things are good and getting better.... Murdochian-Bizarro-Fantasy-World doesn't and never will.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 02:56:51 pm »

The President did a good job at this speech.

Smart republicans will want to find a few things to agree with Obama (to at least look like they can get along with others). It will all change by this time next year when campaigns color perspective. 

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2015, 04:03:55 pm »

It will all change by this time next year when campaigns color perspective. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2015, 09:09:01 am »

529 college savings avoids the tax.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/careersandeducation/obama-flip-flop-spares-529-college-savings-plans/ar-AA8EY0r?srcref=rss

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2015, 01:40:48 pm »

I may have to rethink Ginsburg...

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2015/02/13/ginsburg-i-wasnt-100-percent-sober-for-state-of-the-union-address/

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org