A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:43:27 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This is great  (Read 4593 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« on: December 16, 2014, 01:17:17 pm »

Two brothers, both diametrically opposed on issues as R vs D, were on C-Span this morning when someone unexpected called in.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?c4519563/joy-woodhouse-calls-c-span-brothers

Hilarity ensued.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 02:50:18 pm »

"We cannot learn from one another until we stop shouting at one another--until we speak quietly enough so that our words can be heard as well as our voices."

Just a few short years before he called out the National Guard to kill students at Kent State....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_inauguration_of_Richard_Nixon

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Ed W
City Father

Re:
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 03:14:00 pm »

Nixon didn't send the National Guard to Kent State. That was Ohio Governor Rhodes, may he rot in hell.

Ed W

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

Re:
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 04:17:51 pm »

Nixon didn't send the National Guard to Kent State. That was Ohio Governor Rhodes, may he rot in hell.

Ed W

Since 2001....not nearly long enough!

I know, but Nixon was Supreme Commander.  He bears ultimate responsibility - the whole "buck stops here" thing....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

Re:
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 04:32:19 pm »

Since 2001....not nearly long enough!

I know, but Nixon was Supreme Commander.  He bears ultimate responsibility - the whole "buck stops here" thing....

That was Truman.

I believe Nixon's was "Well, I am not a crook."
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

Re:
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 04:44:12 pm »

That was Truman.

I believe Nixon's was "Well, I am not a crook."

Yep.  But every one of them since Truman has embraced it....

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

Re:
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 05:04:12 pm »

Yep.  But every one of them since Truman has embraced it....

Nixon?   Not so much I think...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 05:13:45 pm »

Clinton didn't inhale. I'm not sure about the others. Rumor has it that Truman enjoyed a fattie now and then

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 07:07:26 pm »

The Kim Chee is rampant in this thread.....

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 11:01:58 pm »

The Kim Chee is rampant in this thread.....

Ahhh...it's now time for the yeast infection....

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org