A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:35:36 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa International Losses Another Non-stop Flight  (Read 15442 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2014, 11:38:10 am »

In other words, about 3 beers in New York.
But it's worth it because you are in NYC.

Grin

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2014, 03:52:01 pm »

Don't fly nearly as much as I used to, especially now that a 5 hour drive is faster than most flights. 

However, our company owner just bought a plane, and now it seems like even a 45 minute drive warrants him flying us.  I'll miss those little bottles of scotch. 

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2014, 03:58:48 pm »

No train or subway to LaGuardia, you have to take the bus to the subway or pay for a $50 taxi to get into the city. JFK is much easier.

And yes, I would rather buy beer with my $50 than a taxi ride.

I'd much rather get to NYC in 3 hours and spend more time in the city than in airports and on airplanes.

I used this direct flight a lot for both business and pleasure trips, so this is a real disappointment to me.  The steady erosion of direct flights from TIA is really hurting Tulsa's business growth potential.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2014, 06:46:48 pm »

However, our company owner just bought a plane, and now it seems like even a 45 minute drive warrants him flying us.  I'll miss those little bottles of scotch. 

Did he buy a big plane and hire a pilot?

You can get those little bottles at the liquor store to take with you.   Grin
Just be in the back seat while and after consuming the beverage.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2014, 03:15:41 am »

After the first of the year I am hoping to move to somewhere that has a real airport of some kind. To fly anywhere from the airport closest to me which is North Bend (OTH) you have to fly to PDX and or SEA/TAC and then to SFO, LAX, Denver, or Salt Lake to get to where you are going. I am looking at going to Phoenix in January and to get there depending on how much time I want to spend traveling, I would have to go OTH-PDX-SFO-PHX or for a cheaper fare OTH-PDX-SEA/TAC-SFO-PHX.

OTH lost it's routes to SFO. You can't get to SFO without going to PDX and or SEA/TAC. The other options are drive the day before to Eugene or Portland, stay the night, fly and then return to Eugene or Portland, stay the night, then drive back. Even from Portland or Eugene you will still wind up at SFO, LAX, Denver or Salt Lake. Looking at Travelocity, if I were to fly out of OTH to PHX, it's from 9 hours to 13 hours travel time.

Flying to Phoenix and back, not including meals, is around $1600.00. Driving to Phoenix and back, not including meals, is $900.00. This includes two days of travel on each end of the trip and five days in Phoenix.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 03:29:45 am by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2014, 01:53:17 pm »

AA should operate this flight as a way to get planes back to the maintenance base like their MIA flights.  Or if they want to use smaller planes do an Eagle non stop like they do to XNA (NW Arkansas) and Little Rock from
LGA.  Southwest might be able to fill a 737 but it would have to be priced right and have good times.  The biggest problem with the UA flight was the price and also sitting 4 hours in a tiny plane.  I think Tulsa- NYC can work it just has to be done differently.

Tulsan
Civic Leader

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2022, 09:19:12 pm »

Announcement tomorrow
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org