A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2018, 01:16:11 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 11TH ST DEVELOPMENT  (Read 7992 times)
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
Philanthropist

« Reply #60 on: Today at 10:47:25 am »

These food halls have been a hit in other cities so this will be an exciting development at 11th & Lewis.  And Renaissance Brewery is across the street.

When my wife and I travel, one of the best/most memorable experiences is going to the various food halls/mini-markets/food courts that are full of local vendors and local cuisine. In LA, there's Grand Central Market downtown and "The Original Farms Market" at the Grove. In NYC, there's Chelsea Market. Dallas has the Truck Yard and the Rustic. KC has the River Market. OKC is opening something like this by the Farmers Public Market (might already be open).

The article talks about the traveling aspect:

"We think people who are traveling down Route 66 and stop at the Mother Road Market to eat will find an amazing selection, and we want their experience at Mother Road Market to build a good impression of our city," Bausch said. "We’re looking forward to being a part of that."

"In its heyday, Route 66 was a place to experience the flavor of different communities while traveling along the mother road, and Metropolis will encapsulate this experience by giving customers well known street food items from around the country!

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
Philanthropist

« Reply #61 on: Today at 11:05:14 am »

I think this development is especially smart considering fast-casual dining experience is a trend that is on the uptick and better fits modern economics. The future of dining is collectives that offer many different food options in a nice/trendy environment that is more self-serve (so you can save time waiting, save money not having to tip as much and I can serve myself better and faster anyways!). Cheaper rent for restaurants, easier/smaller footprint for them to open and close. The whole place can do a better job absorbing losses and also benefit from overflow of very popular places.

I would eat at certain sit down restaurants more frequently if I had the option to order it and eat it there in a nice environment and self-serve. Fat Guys, Lone Wolf and Coney Islander have that down! If only I could do that at Dilly Diner, Kilkennies or Laffa (sure you can get to-go, but the atmosphere there is part of the experience!). After tip, dinners at those places end up being ~$30-$40 for 2 which makes it a bit  more of a rarity/special occasion place in my mind. If it were self serve, I could get the same food for closer to a much more palatable (pun intended) $20-$30.

Lone Wolf was founded on making very nice almost fine dining cuisine at fast-casual pricing. It is tremendous food for a great price considering a sit-down-restaurant serving that food would cost maybe double.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org