A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:51:55 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we quit bucking federal standards because 'Murrica?  (Read 4685 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« on: September 18, 2014, 03:34:57 pm »

So dropping common core made us non-compliant so we lost federal funding and GAINED federal oversight.

Apparently bucking real-id is causing us to not be able to fly anymore:
http://fox43.com/2014/09/18/oklahoma-residents-will-soon-need-passport-to-hit-the-skies/

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 03:44:44 pm »

So dropping common core made us non-compliant so we lost federal funding and GAINED federal oversight.

No.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 03:50:25 pm »

Apparently bucking real-id is causing us to not be able to fly anymore:
http://fox43.com/2014/09/18/oklahoma-residents-will-soon-need-passport-to-hit-the-skies/

That will certainly make it faster and more convenient for the traveler.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 04:10:20 pm »

That will certainly make it faster and more convenient for the traveler.

At least until everyone gets a Passport.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 04:13:52 pm »

Kinda funny though...this was something President Bush wanted, so you would think rank and file Republicans would want this.

Think they might also want it even more when they realized that as a Senator, our current President objected to having it also.  With their current antics, wouldn't it stand to reason that they' REALLY REALLY want it now?

Not in Oklahoma evidently.  Just tell everyone Obama was against it.  That should get all Republicans on board with it.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 07:57:32 am »

I would say I don't understand how we keep electing these morons, but just yesterday  our resident Bagger here in the office was raging about President Obama sending the military to Africa to help with the Ebola outbreak. However the Bagger knows this isn't true and it is really just a plot to infect as many of the military personnel as possible so that they will come back here, cause an outbreak that will then allow the President to declare Martial Law so he can remain President forever.

saintnicster
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 08:16:39 am »

I would say I don't understand how we keep electing these morons, but just yesterday  our resident Bagger here in the office was raging about President Obama sending the military to Africa to help with the Ebola outbreak. However the Bagger knows this isn't true and it is really just a plot to infect as many of the military personnel as possible so that they will come back here, cause an outbreak that will then allow the President to declare Martial Law so he can remain President forever.
He's not educated enough to know how Ebola spreads, so can we really blame him? /s
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 09:12:33 am »

There's a lot of bad sentiment towards government right now.  It seems to be across the board, and focused on a number of core issues.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/19/us-usa-secession-exclusive-idUSKBN0HE19U20140919

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 09:29:27 am »

There's a lot of bad sentiment towards government right now.  It seems to be across the board, and focused on a number of core issues.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/19/us-usa-secession-exclusive-idUSKBN0HE19U20140919

Makes me wonder if these people wanting to secede would want to so much if the US government asked the seceding states to pony up money for the infrastructure they've got now as part of the secession agreement?  Somehow I bet that might be a bit of an issue.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 09:31:25 am by Hoss » Logged

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 10:34:11 am »

Are you working in my office???

Oh, wait...no...I have 3 of them!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2014, 11:39:31 am »

Makes me wonder if these people wanting to secede would want to so much if the US government asked the seceding states to pony up money for the infrastructure they've got now as part of the secession agreement?  Somehow I bet that might be a bit of an issue.

Some states might be willing to pay some others to leave.

Grin

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2014, 11:44:40 am »

That would be an issue for some states, but the majority could invoice the government for the difference in federal revenue vs spending.

Of course no one is going to secede.  They are just going to vote that way.  Wink

I'm looking forward to the new focus on individualism and independence. I think the pendulum has swung as far as it can.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org