A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:32:34 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the 71st and Sheridan Reasor's is horrible.  (Read 19210 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2014, 03:08:55 pm »

He’s making the point that Aldi is the same concept as "No Frills”.  So is Save-A-Lot same business model.  You bag your own stuff, meat is pre-packaged or frozen crap.

I really don’t have a problem with most Tulsa grocery stores.  I simply wish I could pick up a nice bottle of wine or six pack of good beer there instead of needing to make another stop at the liquor store.

Grizzle- As far as the 71st & Sheridan store, send the comments to Reasor’s HQ.  When they announced the closing of the 71st & Garnett store, they were anticipating the savings by closing that loser of a store could be used to improve other existing units.  Wasn’t the store they are closing another Albertson’s/smile Pyramid?

It was, but I'm wondering if they are closing it to improve cash flow to pay for the brookside remodel that isn't done yet.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2014, 04:28:26 pm »

They are spending a bunch to remodel the one at 71st and Lynn Lane in Broken Arrow.   (Not sure how much of that is attributable to the Sprouts opening next door.)

Maybe yours is next?

That is my Reasor's and yes they are freaking out about the Sprouts across the street. The produce section is being widened and maybe they will get back to having specialty produce you can't find anywhere else like they did when they first opened.

I went to the new Sprouts last night. And you Health food guys can have it. Way overpriced as far as I'm concerned. I'll never be in you're tax bracket so enjoy spending that hefty salary.(and yes i'm jealous)
I will say this. The bag of pre mixed salad that I purchased tastes way better than the Dole salad that I get at Reasor's and Wally World. So they will get my bag salad business.(silver lining) Short of that I don't get the big whoopty doo.
And I think they have at least one person per isle working to help you. My son said they have 130 people that were hired for that store. Overkill much?
And those nice little eco friendly green bags for you to bring back can't cost to much for them to provide can they?

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2014, 04:42:51 pm »

I went to the new Sprouts last night. And you Health food guys can have it. Way overpriced as far as I'm concerned.

Sprouts is no whole foods as far as price. Looking at the ad, they are cheaper than my reasor's on must things. They are doing $2.99 for organic, farm-raised hippy pork loin and I pay some times 7.99/lb for the regular abused stuff at Reasors. I've also gotten happy eggs for $1.99 there and boneless chicken breasts for like $2.99 a pound. I think that is an "every tuesday" deal or something.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2014, 05:00:03 pm »

That is my Reasor's and yes they are freaking out about the Sprouts across the street. The produce section is being widened and maybe they will get back to having specialty produce you can't find anywhere else like they did when they first opened.

I went to the new Sprouts last night. And you Health food guys can have it. Way overpriced as far as I'm concerned. I'll never be in you're tax bracket so enjoy spending that hefty salary.(and yes i'm jealous)
I will say this. The bag of pre mixed salad that I purchased tastes way better than the Dole salad that I get at Reasor's and Wally World. So they will get my bag salad business.(silver lining) Short of that I don't get the big whoopty doo.
And I think they have at least one person per isle working to help you. My son said they have 130 people that were hired for that store. Overkill much?
And those nice little eco friendly green bags for you to bring back can't cost to much for them to provide can they?

Watch Sprouts' specials.  Better yet, sign up for their weekly ad in your email.  Mrs. C says we save quite a bit on produce and meat there.  Our houseguest from Colorado Springs echoes the sentiment over local grocers up there as well.  All we buy is from the produce counter and meat counter.  We pretty well shop the specials.  Even their regular prices are comparable to the meat counter at Reasor’s.  Mahi Mahi for $4.99/pound?  That’s stupid cheap.  Wild caught sockeye salmon $9.99/lb? Same deal.  I love their sausage from the meat counter, especially the chicken sausage.  Their weekly special is  cheaper than Johnsonville without the preservative crap and I can’t tell the difference between it and pork sausage. 

Not sure how they do it, but they do.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2014, 05:58:08 pm »

Way overpriced as far as I'm concerned.
101st & Memorial Sprouts:
The produce is reasonably priced and often beats the WalMart at 111th & Memorial in both price and quality. I get the regular stuff rather than the organic.  (Before anyone pukes about WalMart produce, the produce at 111th & Memorial is usually pretty decent.)
The Mahi-mahi normal price is $7.99/lb but is frequently on sale for $4.99/lb as Conan mentioned.  Watch the sales.  Wednesday is week before and week to follow on the specials.

YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2014, 09:07:48 pm »

I find it extremely hard to get any service at 41st & Peoria.

[/jokes]

Has anyone heard anything about this store?  They said it would take a while, due to this store being a "new concept" for Reasors, and something about ordering shelves.  I haven't heard any news of any massive shelf shortages, or shelving unions on strike for better working conditions, so I wonder what other factors are at play.   There seems to be a grocery store overload happening in this part of town, between their own stores, Sprouts, Natural Grocers (which seems to sit there without customers), the new Wal-mart, and Whole Foods.  It seems a little weird seeing that parking lot sit empty for over a year now.

One more funny fact about the 41st & Peoria store:  They immediately removed all of the signage from the Food Pyramid.   Every last detail, all removed.   Except for one thing at the top of the entrance, which says "OPEN".

YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2014, 09:15:48 pm »

Read the ads before you go into Sprouts.  They run specials every week that they are practically giving certain meats and produce away.  If you stick to those, you're good, and their produce in general is way cheaper and of better quality than Reasors or Wallyworld.  

Hmm, I guess I'm the 4th person to say the same thing.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 09:23:17 pm by YoungTulsan » Logged

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2014, 09:40:30 pm »

Hmm, I guess I'm the 4th person to say the same thing.

Or thereabout,

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2014, 09:53:13 pm »

I find it extremely hard to get any service at 41st & Peoria.

[/jokes]

Has anyone heard anything about this store?  They said it would take a while, due to this store being a "new concept" for Reasors, and something about ordering shelves.  I haven't heard any news of any massive shelf shortages, or shelving unions on strike for better working conditions, so I wonder what other factors are at play.   There seems to be a grocery store overload happening in this part of town, between their own stores, Sprouts, Natural Grocers (which seems to sit there without customers), the new Wal-mart, and Whole Foods.  It seems a little weird seeing that parking lot sit empty for over a year now.

One more funny fact about the 41st & Peoria store:  They immediately removed all of the signage from the Food Pyramid.   Every last detail, all removed.   Except for one thing at the top of the entrance, which says "OPEN".

I guess I’m lost.  Did they close the 41st/Peoria one for major reno?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2014, 10:14:14 pm »

I guess I’m lost.  Did they close the 41st/Peoria one for major reno?

Yes, it was one of the three Food Pyramids Reasors purchased a year ago, but it was closed and never re-opened as opposed to the quick switchover at 51st & Harvard, reason given that they had bigger plans for the location.

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2014, 02:02:15 pm »

I have noticed that when Reasors takes over a new building they do very little if any changing or re-modeling, the Pyramid store building  on 71st & Garnette has not changed a bit since Pyramid left it. I won't be surprised if Reasors used the same store racks & shelves that Pyramid had. All Reasons did was take down the old name and put up their name.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2014, 08:17:42 pm »

Mahi Mahi for $4.99/pound?  That’s stupid cheap.  Wild caught sockeye salmon $9.99/lb? Same deal. 

Not sure how they do it, but they do.

Mahi Mahi = Pollock

Wild caught sockeye = farm raised Coho.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2014, 08:56:03 pm »

Mahi Mahi = Pollock

Wild caught sockeye = farm raised Coho.

Legally you cannot claim it is something which it is not.  You do and there are major fines and sanctions. 

Got proof or are you just being a jackass?

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2014, 09:16:00 pm »

Legally you cannot claim it is something which it is not.  You do and there are major fines and sanctions. 

Got proof or are you just being a jackass?

Just messing with you a little bit.  Relax!

All the mahi mahi I have ever eaten was a very different texture from cod or pollock.  Salmon - tougher to tell....

One thing that I do see at some places is the claim that they are serving cod.  Sometimes heard it referred to as "pacific cod".  It's pollock.  I have a cousin who has been fishing in Alaska since about 1968 and he gets a laugh out of it - pacific cod is number 2 to pollock, but not used in the "cheaper" fish venues.  (He was on one of the Deadliest Catch crab boats - Seabrook - for a few episodes about 2 years ago during the fish 'off season', then retired when Scott Sr retired....)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2014, 10:19:12 pm »

Just messing with you a little bit.  Relax!

All the mahi mahi I have ever eaten was a very different texture from cod or pollock.  Salmon - tougher to tell....

One thing that I do see at some places is the claim that they are serving cod.  Sometimes heard it referred to as "pacific cod".  It's pollock.  I have a cousin who has been fishing in Alaska since about 1968 and he gets a laugh out of it - pacific cod is number 2 to pollock, but not used in the "cheaper" fish venues.  (He was on one of the Deadliest Catch crab boats - Seabrook - for a few episodes about 2 years ago during the fish 'off season', then retired when Scott Sr retired....)

If you’ve had “real” Mahi cooked properly, there’s no similarity in texture to cod.  I’m not really sure how anyone would confuse salmon with anything other than salmon. It has a taste and texture which is very unique.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org