A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:25:09 am
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Simon Outlet Mall 61st & Hwy 75  (Read 450322 times)
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #795 on: April 18, 2018, 10:50:38 am »

Woodland Hills Mall, one of their more successful properties (at least in 2014).

Source?

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #796 on: April 18, 2018, 11:16:10 am »

That's been the word for a couple of years. When I was staying with my kids in Jenks two weeks ago, "Available" signs are still on the property and my son-in-law who is pretty plugged in to development issues around Jenks was telling me there has been a long-running disagreement between Simon and Jenks about who gets to pay to move a large gas line underneath the property.  Ironically, this may well be the same line that the City of Tulsa seemed pretty eager to help move on Turkey Mountain.

If that is the 30" line over there, the gas company should be participating in it big time.  That thing had some corrosion issues 20+ years ago - not too dangerous then, but not getting better with time.   One of their Rockwell ball valves was very worn - made for an interesting 'ride' when opening and closing...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #797 on: April 18, 2018, 04:18:27 pm »

I heard they are really close to 75% pre leased. That’s the magic number to build. Stay tuned!!

They were 80% pre-leased when I met with John Dionis in Feb. of 2015 and they were still planning to build at 61st & Highway 75.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #798 on: April 18, 2018, 04:26:45 pm »

If that is the 30" line over there, the gas company should be participating in it big time.  That thing had some corrosion issues 20+ years ago - not too dangerous then, but not getting better with time.   One of their Rockwell ball valves was very worn - made for an interesting 'ride' when opening and closing...

Entrust came through and did a comprehensive inspection and improvements to their ROW on Turkey Mountain in 2015 including an erosion control project.  No idea what shape the pipeline was in on the underground sections but I would assume if there were concerns they would have been addressed.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #799 on: April 18, 2018, 04:31:53 pm »

Source?

I don't recall the exact place I found this in late 2014 or early 2015.  It may well have been from the sit-down meeting myself, some other TUWC board members, and other trail users had with some of Simon's executives.  Even though we were adversaries on the particular project, I had cordial relationships with several people at Simon during that time.  I spent many hours researching Simon's business practices and learning more about WHM to figure out who our important allies were in getting the project stopped at 61st & Hwy 75.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #800 on: April 27, 2018, 08:11:25 am »

Entrust came through and did a comprehensive inspection and improvements to their ROW on Turkey Mountain in 2015 including an erosion control project.  No idea what shape the pipeline was in on the underground sections but I would assume if there were concerns they would have been addressed.

Last time I was involved in any inspections there was in the early 90's.  The pipe was in ok shape for its age - the ball valves at the pig launchers were a mess!   

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
BuiltRight
Citizen

« Reply #801 on: May 15, 2018, 09:34:13 am »

Drove by the Jenks location and saw that Simon has begun to build a giant sign. It wasn't fully installed when I drove by, but they had the bottom panels up with the Simon logo. So looks like something is going on over there.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #802 on: May 15, 2018, 11:48:51 am »

Drove by the Jenks location and saw that Simon has begun to build a giant sign. It wasn't fully installed when I drove by, but they had the bottom panels up with the Simon logo. So looks like something is going on over there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=372436tJiaM
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #803 on: May 15, 2018, 07:35:27 pm »

The sign says they open in 2020.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #804 on: May 16, 2018, 07:40:56 am »

Tulsa World has an article about the sign.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/retail/we-re-incredibly-excited-proposed-jenks-outlet-mall-sign-says/article_febd01ed-cb83-5b5c-b568-7b4acdb51b5e.html
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #805 on: May 16, 2018, 10:17:16 am »

If this development actually happens, I can only assume this means that Simon sees the Woodland location continuing to go downhill.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #806 on: May 16, 2018, 10:57:34 am »

If this development actually happens, I can only assume this means that Simon sees the Woodland location continuing to go downhill.

But think how big that mega-church will be!

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #807 on: May 16, 2018, 11:56:06 am »

Is Spirit Bank a church?  Inquiring minds want to know.

As for Jenks outlet, who thinks this sign might still be the only thing there in two years?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #808 on: May 16, 2018, 01:59:35 pm »

Woodland seems pretty stable to me, why do you say that?

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #809 on: May 16, 2018, 02:06:24 pm »

Promenade mall : only .75% church

« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 02:08:02 pm by BKDotCom » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org