A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 17, 2021, 02:05:58 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zink Dam Rehabilitation Project  (Read 10338 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2021, 08:55:27 pm »

Follow the money.  There is money to be made both in destroying the Pedestrian Bridge and building a new one.

They engineered the necessity to replace it.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/its-too-late-to-save-tulsas-old-pedestrian-bridge-engineer-says/article_aec8205e-60b7-11eb-810a-5f5ebabf5ac5.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Arkansas Rio Gator
Citizen

« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2021, 11:04:51 pm »

Well said, Patric and Arrow.
buffalodan
Activist

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2021, 02:13:09 pm »

Kinda getting back to the dam side of this, has anybody seen a timeline for the construction. I know it is 2 years for the whole thing, but didn't know if they are anticipating having the dam done before the bridge, or what that would look like during phasing. I'm really curious what it looks like May-July this year as the river gets up and hope that by next may they are able to have it looking a bit more like a lake.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2021, 02:34:03 pm »

Kinda getting back to the dam side of this, has anybody seen a timeline for the construction. I know it is 2 years for the whole thing, but didn't know if they are anticipating having the dam done before the bridge, or what that would look like during phasing. I'm really curious what it looks like May-July this year as the river gets up and hope that by next may they are able to have it looking a bit more like a lake.

Groundbreaking for the dam was in August.  The bridge hasn’t started construction yet, waiting on permits from the Corps but should be very soon.  This is the only timeline I could find from a TW article in May; I would think the bridge is probably more like early 2023.  It would be nice to have them both completed before summer 2023 and the 5 year anniversary of the opening of the Gathering Place in September 2023.  The Children’s Museum will be done in 2022 and the rest of Phase 2 south of 31st by early 2023 so just “Phase 3” along Crow Creek will be the last incomplete portion.

Zachary said he is hopeful that construction can begin in September and be completed in 2023. Work on the new pedestrian bridge over the Arkansas River is expected to begin at about the same time and be completed in late 2022.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/zink-dam-construction-bids-higher-than-expected-project-still-expect-to-begin-in-the-fall/article_4722697e-e1d6-5dff-98e2-3c3aeb4170c8.html
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 02:39:35 pm by SXSW » Logged

Arkansas Rio Gator
Citizen

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2021, 07:03:37 pm »

Dan, did you read the dam notes up there (which I posted, but did not write; I have not put time into studying the dam)? Might address what you are wondering about looking like a lake.
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2021, 10:56:02 pm »

Hope they replace this bridge with something bigger, better and iconic.  Some of my better memories of Tulsa was this beautiful area on the river parks on Riverside.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 10:58:53 pm by Laramie » Logged

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org