A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:07:07 am
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One less QT today  (Read 99577 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #120 on: August 22, 2014, 08:34:56 am »

I can only report on what I saw on the CNN videos that one night where stuff started up about 11 pm.  From several cameras.  There were a lot of red shirts running around, with a sprinkling of dark blue/black - tough to tell in the bad lighting.  And a few white t-shirts.

That corresponds very closely with what family in the area has told me.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #121 on: August 23, 2014, 03:30:38 pm »

That corresponds very closely with what family in the area has told me.

My friends and family in that area are really ticked over the biased coverage, favoring the Brown side of the story. Personally, this whole event has proven what can happen when people's instant passions/agendas get in the way of truth.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #122 on: August 24, 2014, 11:01:36 am »

My friends and family in that area are really ticked over the biased coverage, favoring the Brown side of the story. Personally, this whole event has proven what can happen when people's instant passions/agendas get in the way of truth.

Mixed bag with my group - all agree about the gang bangers out at night causing all the trouble, though.  No doubt about that - you can see it in the film and no matter how biased the news, when they show red, that means bloods.  Blue is crips.  No ambiguity at all.

I keep telling both sides - wait until the whole story is out....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #123 on: August 25, 2014, 06:31:13 am »

All circumstances surrounding Brown's death aside, why is the White House sending representation to attend his funeral? 
They don't do that for many of the high-ranking members of the military killed in the line of duty.
They don't do that for police or firefighters who are killed in the course of saving lives.
They don't do that for inventors, or industry leaders to better the lives of millions.

But a guy who robbed a convince store, and got shot either fleeing, or attacking a cop gets such honors.

The White House is not just sending one, but 3 officials to attend.  Broderick Johnson, Marlon Marshall, and Heather Foster will all be present to honor and celebrate the life of Michael Brown.

Politics twists reason.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #124 on: August 25, 2014, 09:05:49 am »

All circumstances surrounding Brown's death aside, why is the White House sending representation to attend his funeral? 
They don't do that for many of the high-ranking members of the military killed in the line of duty.
They don't do that for police or firefighters who are killed in the course of saving lives.
They don't do that for inventors, or industry leaders to better the lives of millions.

But a guy who robbed a convince store, and got shot either fleeing, or attacking a cop gets such honors.

The White House is not just sending one, but 3 officials to attend.  Broderick Johnson, Marlon Marshall, and Heather Foster will all be present to honor and celebrate the life of Michael Brown.

Politics twists reason.

They claim that Marshall went to school with Brown’s mother.  Al Sharpton is giving the eulogy, I’m sure that won’t be racially-charged.

Oh, does anyone know if the White House sent anyone to Major General Harold Greene’s funeral?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #125 on: August 25, 2014, 09:26:24 am »

They claim that Marshall went to school with Brown’s mother.  Al Sharpton is giving the eulogy, I’m sure that won’t be racially-charged.

Oh, does anyone know if the White House sent anyone to Major General Harold Greene’s funeral?

No, but White House Spokesman Josh Earnest made this statement:
"While we have made tremendous progress in disrupting, dismantling and defeating al Qaeda operations and leadership in Afghanistan and progress in winding down U.S. involvement in that conflict, this shooting, of course, is a painful reminder of the service and sacrifice that our men and women in uniform make every day for this country."

It was nice that the White House could use Greene's death to highlight their "tremendous progress."

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #126 on: August 25, 2014, 09:58:10 am »

Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Spike Lee. How much more one sided information can these people be listening to?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2733579/Michael-Browns-family-prepares-lay-rest.html

OUTRAGE! OUTRAGE! How dare them! Kim and her Sister texting during a tribute to Michael Brown. OK wait...I thought they were married to Black Men? OUTRAGE!....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2733818/Outrage-Kardashian-sisters-TEXTING-chatting-MTV-VMAs-solemn-moment-silence-Michael-Brown.html
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 10:03:47 am by DolfanBob » Logged

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #127 on: August 25, 2014, 02:37:56 pm »

I think they sent the postmaster general if memory serves me correctly.............

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #128 on: August 25, 2014, 03:01:39 pm »

I heard snippets of $harpton’$ eulogy.  He ripped into the police.

Transcripted (more or less) here:

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/08/michael-brown-funeral-al-sharpton-110315.html

If assault on the cop is proven in the investigation, $harpton will look like an idiot.  Wait....what?

You can pretty much expect to end up on the wrong end of a Glock when you assault an LEO. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #129 on: August 25, 2014, 04:01:31 pm »

I heard snippets of $harpton’$ eulogy.  He ripped into the police.

Transcripted (more or less) here:

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/08/michael-brown-funeral-al-sharpton-110315.html

If assault on the cop is proven in the investigation, $harpton will look like an idiot.  Wait....what?

You can pretty much expect to end up on the wrong end of a Glock when you assault an LEO. 

Racist.....!!!!!

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #130 on: August 26, 2014, 01:28:23 pm »

Waffle House is no longer safe for Whites after Ferguson. Will this cause riots in the streets? I think not.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2734860/Ex-Marine-left-brain-injury-pal-told-Waffle-House-wasn-t-safe-following-Ferguson-case-attacked-mob-20-people-parking-lot.html

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #131 on: September 06, 2014, 07:42:51 pm »

I checked, and the source for that story is a right wing blog known for putting out crap called The gateway pundit. The photo attached has already been shown to not be of Wilson. The New York Post picked up the story and it has spread.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/08/breaking-report-po-darren-wilson-suffered-orbital-blowout-fracture-to-eye-socket-during-encounter-with-mike-brown/

I'm not saying it's incorrect, I'm saying that it's highly likely this is incorrect. And seeing how the police have been all over trying to prove they are in the right, if this was true I would think that this story would have been out long before now.  

I'm not ready to say who is in the right or wrong here. But the police and Wilson are NOT playing fair or being open with the facts. I really want to know if there was gunshot residue on brown's clothing since there wasn't any on his body. Why has the video of the robbery been released but not the official autopsy?

In the video after the shooting Wilson certainly isn't acting injured.

Police efforts to villify the victim continue

http://www.eurthisnthat.com/2014/09/05/desperate-attempts-to-manipulate-public-bring-out-bogus-injury-photo-of-ferguson-cop/

while the killers' dark history slowly emerges

http://news.yahoo.com/attorney-ferguson-police-officer-darren-wilson-roughed-up-drug-suspect-231634921.html
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #132 on: September 06, 2014, 08:18:32 pm »

while the killers' dark history slowly emerges

That’s pretty lame, even by your standards.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #133 on: September 06, 2014, 09:30:19 pm »

That’s pretty lame, even by your standards.

No kidding. And wow, I guess its okay to vilify the cop by alleged prior acts, but mention that Brown was shady and "Oh my God, how dare you!"

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #134 on: September 08, 2014, 08:18:29 am »

After reviewing the evidence, Holder is now going after the "policies and procedures" of the Ferguson police department. 

It's obvious that Holder must be part of the grand police conspiracy now since he did not charge Wilson with Murder.
Either that or he found out Wilson used a gun that was part of the Fast & Furious program.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org