A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:47:30 am
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One less QT today  (Read 99616 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2014, 02:48:40 pm »

I would rather see peaceful protests than anything. Unfortunately, that didn't and won't happen.

You seem to think everyone should just shut up and wait. Your view would have been to wait for the British Army to have weeks and weeks to explain their new tax on tea before acting.

I don't want to be British. The food sucks.

Please RM, just stop. This is getting embarrassing.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #91 on: August 18, 2014, 02:52:49 pm »

Please RM, just stop. This is getting embarrassing.

And you have no sense of humor.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2014, 02:53:08 pm »

Probably worth some breakdown:

Wait for what? A police internal investigation that they have said might take weeks and weeks?

I am not condoning five days of riots either.

But ignoring what appears to be at best a poorly trained cop who shot a suspect six times for shoplifting some cigars is wrong as well. Leaving the suspect body on the ground for hours and refusing to release the officer's name for days just added to the frustration.

Comments to points in red:
According to his record, he had the same training as other officers on the force.
He was not aware of the theft at the time he stopped Brown for J-walking.
EMS was notified 4 minutes after the incident, and actually arrived just minutes after that because they were already in-route to another (lesser emergency) call.
At that point the scene was considered a homicide investigation. The body was left until homicide and forensics could complete their investigation.

But middle-aged white people living in south Tulsa must know all about what is must be to live in an inner city gangland neighborhood. Why else would you post video of him shoplifting as an excuse for his death?
Comments to points in red:
I don't think race qualifies or disqualifies anyone from voicing an opinion.  
Having lived not too far away from there, Ferguson is not a "gangland" neighborhood. Just because it is predominantly black does not make this true.
I think Gueed, myself and most everyone else on this forum stated that these were two separate and distinct events.  No one said, or otherwise implied that the robbery or assault of the convenience store clerk had any bearing on Brown's death or in any way justified the actions of the officer.

RM, is someone else posting on your account?  You are typically more reasonable than this.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #93 on: August 18, 2014, 02:58:13 pm »

The president was 27 minutes late for his presser on Ferguson, but he actually did a very good job at addressing the issue and offered condemnation to those who are using this issue as an excuse to loot and pillage.

We did get a preview of how he intends to use this:
“In too many communities, young men of color are left behind, and seen only as objects to fear."

« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 03:01:12 pm by Gaspar » Logged

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #94 on: August 18, 2014, 03:49:05 pm »

Probably worth some breakdown:

RM, is someone else posting on your account?  You are typically more reasonable than this.

He was being funny. Get it? Hilarious stuff...

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2014, 04:20:04 pm »

The last comment about British food was meant to be funny. Of course, you have no clue and just go ahead and post to attack everybody who disagrees with you.

Really, guido911. You sure seem dense sometimes. I think your want to be mean to me, Hoss, and others shows a real bad side of you. 

Power is nothing till you use it.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #96 on: August 18, 2014, 10:11:55 pm »

The last comment about British food was meant to be funny. Of course, you have no clue and just go ahead and post to attack everybody who disagrees with you.

Really, guido911. You sure seem dense sometimes. I think your want to be mean to me, Hoss, and others shows a real bad side of you.  

Yes. That's right. I'm being all sorts of mean by telling people to be patient and calm while the situation in Ferguson plays out. You on the other hand want to be outraged. Do you ever listen to yourself, or to that little voice that most of us have? For now, if being "dense" means I am willing to wait for the facts to come out, then I can live with that "insult".

Anyway, more NEWS coming in fro, the St. L. Post crime reporter.

https://twitter.com/ChristineDByers/status/501556693382094848
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 10:15:09 pm by guido911 » Logged

YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #97 on: August 18, 2014, 10:17:45 pm »

[youtube]ddV-VUyMMCA[/youtube]

Looks like a new model store was a little too close to the action for QT's comfort.

Edit - The story itself doesn't state this, but the video description on Youtube indicates that they are boarding and fencing up the "majority" of QuikTrips in the area.   Wow.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2014, 10:24:45 pm »

[youtube]ddV-VUyMMCA[/youtube]

Looks like a new model store was a little too close to the action for QT's comfort.

Edit - The story itself doesn't state this, but the video description on Youtube indicates that they are boarding and fencing up the "majority" of QuikTrips in the area.   Wow.

You are right. Wow.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2014, 10:43:32 pm »

And it keeps getting worse.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/08/kkk-announces-fundraiser-in-sullivan-mo-this-weekend/

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #100 on: August 19, 2014, 10:02:42 am »

So, we're not really all that much closer to the truth, but we are further from many of the false narratives that simply cannot be substantiated by evidence, and therefore are not reasonable to accept.

Well put.

The anonymous-radio-show-caller didnt even make it past this credibility roadblock:

FERGUSON, Mo. - The police officer that stopped and eventually shot and killed an 18-year-old last weekend had no idea the teen was a suspect in a convenience store robbery just minutes prior, the Ferguson police chief said Friday.
http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local/2014/08/15/ferguson-chief-officer-didnt-know-about-robbery/14124259/

Among all the BS, this stood out as fairly reasoned:

Michael Brown is not a perfect martyr; he doesn't have to be. Neither was Rodney King. Both became unwitting symbols of injustice and, in the process, performed a painful but valuable public service.
http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-banks-ferguson-violence-20140819-column.html

Law enforcement officials need a strategy that offers the promise of justice and doesn't limit the rights of law-abiding protesters because some fools act up.
... I'm not judging Ferguson by a handful of hoodlums, but by the residents who risked their safety and stood between looters and the stores they tried to ransack, and the volunteers who showed up every morning to comfort business owners and sweep up broken glass.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2014, 01:27:36 pm »

For what it's worth, there are reports that the cop got an orbital bone fracture.

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2014, 06:42:45 pm »

So, where are all the videos of the confrontation?? 

Lets just say a LOT of people are waiting to get their cell phones back.....
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #103 on: August 19, 2014, 07:13:26 pm »

Lets just say a LOT of people are waiting to get their cell phones back.....

Saw two last night that said they had just gotten their phones back....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2014, 09:49:31 pm »

In Johnson's account, the officer opened fire on Brown after he refused to move from the middle of the street.  He also alleges that the officer grabbed brown around the neck and choked him. Brown then tried to pull away to avoid being choked, Johnson says.

Barring an earth-shattering about-face, everything police say is going to have to rest on the foundation of the shooter's original statement, that he was "afraid he was going for my gun."

That police initially spent so little effort on their justification story must be the biggest insult, but why would they have needed to do otherwise when that rehearsed tome works so well and without question everywhere else (including Tulsa)?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org