A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:11:45 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: School Lunches  (Read 41538 times)
rebound
City Father

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2014, 07:18:18 am »

Let them do without....they get hungry enough, they can catch the next meal....

Biggest problem, as with all things school related is getting parental 'buy in'.

Parental buy-in and guidance is the single biggest factor in all of this.   Fat kids turn into, for the most part, fat adults.  I am appalled at the level of childhood obesity I see every day around here, and the parents that think nothing of taking their kids to fast food five times a week, or keeping their cabinets stocked with potato chips and other fatty/salty snacks.  There is some level of childhood obesity that border on abuse, as it will affect those kids for the rest of their lives.

I'm on board with the first lady's agenda. (and anybody else who wants to jump on board and lead)  Anything that raises awareness or elevates the discussion, to force us to stand up and acknowledge that we are too fat as a society and need to change our health habits, is a plus.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2014, 08:56:32 am »

Do we still have litter, alcoholism, tear down history and have children who can't read? Unfortunately, yes.

Damn, described my whole life in one sentence.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2014, 10:00:02 am »

It will be interesting to see what Bill Clinton finds as a cause when he wife becomes President in 2017.

I am guessing it will involve interns.

Power is nothing till you use it.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2014, 11:55:47 am »

It will be interesting to see what Bill Clinton finds as a cause when he wife becomes President in 2017.

He's  too old for interns, my guess it'll be something like Al Gore's cause, global warming or pollution and the need for more regulations and/or CO2  restrictions or something about the environment. He may even join up with Al Gore and fight our overheating planet, never mind that the 2014 Farmers Almanic says this winter will be colder and worse than last years winter, it's still global warming. The global warming agenda must go on!

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2014, 12:19:35 pm »

Fairly sure it will be something international.  He's going to want to travel, and she is going to want him to be away as much as possible to avoid the optic of a former president calling any of the shots.  I think he will act in more of a diplomatic function, and perhaps travel with Secretary of State Soros.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2014, 12:56:28 pm »

Damn, described my whole life in one sentence.

Sooo,....what...does this mean you admit that you ARE George W Bush??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2014, 12:58:07 pm »

He's  too old for interns, my guess it'll be something like Al Gore's cause, global warming or pollution and the need for more regulations and/or CO2  restrictions or something about the environment. He may even join up with Al Gore and fight our overheating planet, never mind that the 2014 Farmers Almanic says this winter will be colder and worse than last years winter, it's still global warming. The global warming agenda must go on!

No.  And now you are right back where you normally are....it's YOU that says "global warming"....people that know anything call it what it is - "climate change".

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2014, 01:46:47 pm »

Sooo,....what...does this mean you admit that you ARE George W Bush??

Damn it! My cover has been blown.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2014, 02:23:39 pm »

Damn it! My cover has been blown.

I've been suspicious....

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2014, 02:31:08 pm »

No.  And now you are right back where you normally are....it's YOU that says "global warming"....people that know anything call it what it is - "climate change".

It is now Global Climate Disruption - according to White House science adviser John Holdren.

Please try and keep up.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2014, 03:25:09 pm »

Kind of like this last winter I suspect.  US colder than average (In the "shocking but true" news front, the US is not the whole world.) while much of the rest of the world warmer than average.  Over all balance…. warmer than usual.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2014/03/19/global-climate-report-winter/6606079/

"The central and eastern USA shivered through a colder-than-average winter, but most of the rest of the globe did not share in the chill, registering the eighth warmest overall winter on record.

The data were released Wednesday by scientists at the National Climatic Data Center in Asheville, N.C. The climate center is part of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

Climate scientists define winter as the months of December, January and February, which are the three coldest months in the Northern Hemisphere. South of the equator, in the Southern Hemisphere, these three months are summer.

The winter was 1.03 degrees F warmer than average, the NCDC reported. Europe was very warm. Countries such as Austria, Switzerland, Denmark and the Netherlands each had one of their five warmest winters. In Austria, where weather data go back 247 years, the nation had its second-warmest winter on record."

Speaking of lunches.  Just grasping at straws here, but I hope Sauer realizes that Omega 3's are critical for brain development and functioning. Cause something appears to be wrong upstairs.  Wink

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2014, 05:46:50 pm »

It is now Global Climate Disruption - according to White House science adviser John Holdren.

Please try and keep up.

What about the volcano in Iceland? Will that affect global/man made whatever its called?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2014, 07:12:51 pm »

What about the volcano in Iceland? Will that affect global/man made whatever its called?

Yes

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2014, 07:40:09 pm »

Please try and keep up.

It all just moves too fast for an old fat guy....

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2014, 07:47:18 pm »

Probably - that's why so much of the 00's were level on the temperature front.  It has started back up the last couple of years.

CO2 has reached an average of 400 ppm.  Taken on Mauna Loa.  As compared to less than 320 in 1960.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org