A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:11:37 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 13 yr old boy climbs tower..  (Read 9402 times)
ARGUS
Civic Leader

« on: August 06, 2014, 11:02:18 am »

WWYD? What would you do IF your 13 yr old climbed a local TV tower and posted a pic from up on high of Brookside on Instagram?
Good kid did this alone and offered to show his mom how he did it; "just exploring" was his explanation.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 11:30:06 am »

WWYD? What would you do IF your 13 yr old climbed a local TV tower and posted a pic from up on high of Brookside on Instagram?
Good kid did this alone and offered to show his mom how he did it; "just exploring" was his explanation.

Make sure your health/accident insurance is paid.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 11:35:54 am »

I'd prob smile myself since I had no idea I had a 13 year old son.

I'd prob ask him to think about the consequences, what they'd mean to the ones who love him and ask him to refrain from doing something like that again.

I did worse things when I was 13. 
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 11:42:55 am »

How tall was the tower? Sounds like me and my friends at 13. I would patiently, but firmly explain the concept of private property, trespass and mortality. Then take the phone for a week.

onward...through the fog
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 12:05:09 pm »

Put him to work at Samsung.....

ARGUS
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 12:17:24 pm »

I told my friend (who's son climbed the tower) that he could get in trouble and blamed for ALL if ANY vandalism on said tower,possibly get burned or radiated (ok I exaggerated on this one),arrested for being a terrorist, etc.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 02:21:49 pm »

I told my friend (who's son climbed the tower) that he could get in trouble and blamed for ALL if ANY vandalism on said tower,possibly get burned or radiated (ok I exaggerated on this one),arrested for being a terrorist, etc.

When Clear Channel's tower was climbed, everything had to be shut down because of the radiation (so it's not much of an exaggeration).

...but not to seem insensitive, Im curious to see the photo.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 02:44:19 pm »

From Tower guy to Tower kid. Is this becoming a thing? I mean in Tulsa.  Roll Eyes

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 03:32:11 pm »

It’s becoming a fad, kind of like streaking.  Just waiting on the Ray Stevens song.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014, 07:56:39 pm »

I'd wonder how my child that is too young to drive a car is out climbing brookside.

I'd also wonder how my child is going to graduate high school while being locked in a closet for the next 5 years.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2014, 08:40:31 pm »

I'd wonder how my child that is too young to drive a car is out climbing brookside.

I'd also wonder how my child is going to graduate high school while being locked in a closet for the next 5 years.

He's going to come out of the closet for his home schooling.....

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2014, 09:18:37 pm »

He's going to come out of the closet for his home schooling.....

Or maybe not for awhile yet.  It’s still kind of frowned on in parts of Tulsa.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2014, 10:50:45 pm »

How tall was the tower? Sounds like me and my friends at 13. I would patiently, but firmly explain the concept of private property, trespass and mortality. Then take the phone for a week.

It's this tall:
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2014, 07:16:25 am »

I have always thought that looked like the Lightning electro rods in Dr Frankenstein Laboratory. 

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2014, 02:25:19 pm »

I have always thought that looked like the Lightning electro rods in Dr Frankenstein Laboratory.  

If Josef Hardt (RIP) could have made that into a giant Jacobs Ladder, he would have.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fo2_jcSOX4 [/youtube]

Now about the photo this kid posted...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 02:28:20 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org