A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 08:32:34 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best furniture shop in town?  (Read 7556 times)
davideinstein
« on: August 03, 2014, 01:05:30 pm »

Preferably unique and inexpensive.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 02:58:38 pm »

I don't know about the "best" but these are the places I typically look:

Cort Furniture Rental:
They furnish apartments and suites and sell the returns for pretty cheap, some seems unused.

Sunshine Furniture:
Carries the same stuff Mathis/RoomsToGo does, but without the high pressure sales and ridiculous markups.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 07:22:30 pm »

NOT Mathis!  Ever!! 

Anywhere but Mathis!!  Always!!
Unless you just like getting hosed by high pressure "used car salesmen" selling substandard 'seconds' for 'way too high' prices....then go for it!!

Probably not unique, but Snow's has had a few things that I was able to buy over the years....     Do we still even have an Ethan Allen store anymore??

Luxe Furniture says they are a Norwalk dealer.  And GHD Interiors in Jenks....  Norwalk is interesting.  Maybe not quite so inexpensive....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 07:28:51 pm »

You didn't mention what you are looking for - if dressers, cabinet type stuff, etc, there are used - still in excellent condition - Conant Ball pieces around.  I inherited a couple things a couple decades ago, and they are exceptional.  Kids have been getting into it, too and they have found some very nice stuff.  Dining table and china cabinet.  (I have mostly bedroom stuff....)

You can pretty much pick an era from before the 50's until about the 70's.... some very contemporary looking.  Some not so much.....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 07:32:02 am »

Check out Retro Den on Harvard just south of 11th (or is it 15th)?

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 09:05:10 am »

We shop estate sales and the retro places, but our taste is decidedly mid-century modern.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 09:56:22 am »

We shop estate sales and the retro places, but our taste is decidedly mid-century modern.

as dictated by your domicile!
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 11:24:13 am »

The other day Chris brought to the shop a coffee table and matching side table he bought at some antique store up north of Tulsa for $45 each.  I had them stacked on another table in the shop to use as displays.  Then I kept looking at them and thinking "Those actually look kind of nice, might try to look them up."  Here is the coffee table.

http://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/tables/coffee-tables-cocktail-tables/adrian-pearsall-coffee-table-elliptical-top-craft-assoc/id-f_696415/

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 11:45:44 am »

Here you go, then....

https://www.google.com/search?q=conant+ball&client=firefox-a&hs=BQ3&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=asbfU7XDC42dyASL-4C4AQ&ved=0CB4QsAQ&biw=1236&bih=691

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2014, 11:46:41 am »

The other day Chris brought to the shop a coffee table and matching side table he bought at some antique store up north of Tulsa for $45 each.  I had them stacked on another table in the shop to use as displays.  Then I kept looking at them and thinking "Those actually look kind of nice, might try to look them up."  Here is the coffee table.

http://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/tables/coffee-tables-cocktail-tables/adrian-pearsall-coffee-table-elliptical-top-craft-assoc/id-f_696415/

That's cool.  I have a couple pieces of walnut I didn't know what to do with....may have just gotten some inspiration.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2014, 12:17:56 pm »

Love Conant Ball and Heywood Wakefield, especially.

William, that’s insane!  I’d gladly give you $50 and reimburse you for Chris’ gas.  Shocked

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cynical
Civic Leader

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 12:25:33 pm »

11th. 1216 S. Harvard, to be exact.

Check out Retro Den on Harvard just south of 11th (or is it 15th)?

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2014, 12:40:51 pm »

So shop at Conan's house. Best prices when he's not home.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2014, 02:31:02 pm »

That is a cool coffee table. I'm looking for a couple end table/night stands for the bedroom. You guy's have given me great starting places.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2014, 03:37:48 pm »

Seems like there is some pent up demand for decent furniture....not the dime store carp found in most places in the area.

Only question would be how is that reconciled with the concept of "inexpensive"...?   Maybe cost-effective would be a better mind set.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org