A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:51:26 am
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: River development and new sources of city revenue  (Read 64649 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #135 on: August 06, 2014, 05:38:22 pm »

I like the thinking, unfortunately that site is a former demolition land fill.

Soccer is just fine, but land fill makes no difference....the area just east of Pittsburgh, from 11th north a few blocks was coal mine and land fill.  Then houses.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #136 on: August 10, 2014, 12:56:06 pm »

Soccer is just fine, but land fill makes no difference....the area just east of Pittsburgh, from 11th north a few blocks was coal mine and land fill.  Then houses.

I've done multiple projects in the area of the scoccer field, the area is still settling?

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #137 on: August 10, 2014, 07:02:00 pm »

I've done multiple projects in the area of the scoccer field, the area is still settling?

We better wait then...or put piers in down to bedrock....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #138 on: August 13, 2014, 07:56:27 am »

I won't start a new topic for this as its related.

News stories this morning about a "rescue" in the river repeatedly stated that "Swimming in the Arkansas River is prohibited, illegal, not allowed" or some such nonsense. The quality of our news reporting is at an all time low.

The truth is that only swimming near the low water dam at Zink Lake is prohibited.

The river is a public river. You may swim or boat in it at your own risk just like the Keystone Lake.

The Zink Lake area from 66 to the lowater dam is restricted to non-motorized boats except for the rowing crew.

onward...through the fog
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #139 on: August 13, 2014, 10:30:46 am »

I won't start a new topic for this as its related.

News stories this morning about a "rescue" in the river repeatedly stated that "Swimming in the Arkansas River is prohibited, illegal, not allowed" or some such nonsense. The quality of our news reporting is at an all time low.

The truth is that only swimming near the low water dam at Zink Lake is prohibited.

The river is a public river. You may swim or boat in it at your own risk just like the Keystone Lake.

The Zink Lake area from 66 to the lowater dam is restricted to non-motorized boats except for the rowing crew.

From the news, I believe he was at or very near the LWD

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #140 on: August 13, 2014, 10:36:42 am »

This is from the KJRH news story:

"Breckenridge says the group did not know it is illegal to swim in the river until rescue crews working to save his friend told them."

Correct wording would be:

Breckenridge says the group did not know it is illegal to swim in zink lake by the low water dam until rescue crews working to save his friend told them.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #141 on: December 08, 2014, 03:13:16 pm »

Well, lots of good the crashship did us - Jethro Tull finished touring the US in October and didn't get anywhere near Tulsa!  (Dallas).  They even went to friggin' Midland, TX.... but NOT Tulsa!!  Geez!

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #142 on: December 08, 2014, 04:03:10 pm »

Well, lots of good the crashship did us - Jethro Tull finished touring the US in October and didn't get anywhere near Tulsa!  (Dallas).  They even went to friggin' Midland, TX.... but NOT Tulsa!!  Geez!

As much as you might like it, Tull isn't an A list performer.  He may have gone to Dallas, but he played at the Opera House...not the AA Center.

Apples <> Oranges.

Wait, I see what you did there.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #143 on: December 08, 2014, 04:17:08 pm »

Never heard of him.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #144 on: December 08, 2014, 04:42:18 pm »

Never heard of him.

Rock Floutist...no one wants to see that.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #145 on: December 08, 2014, 04:59:52 pm »

Never heard of him.

Jethro Tull was a lawyer and agriculturalist in 18th century England.  Called to the bar on 11 December 1693. He invented the seed drill bringing dramatic increases in efficiency to agriculture!  Arguably, the father of 'organic' gardening and farming, he considered the earth to be the sole food of plants.  Organic gardening/farming "slogan" is; "feed the soil, not the plant!"  Note the similarity in philosophy.  The problem was he didn't make the connection between organic matter in the soil actually being the source of all goodness to the soil....

"That which nourishes and augments a plant is the true food of it. Every plant is earth, and the growth and true increase of a plant is the addition of more earth."

There is a band named Jethro Tull that has been banging around almost as long...well, maybe not quite.... still a good show!  They shoulda come to Tulsa!  Now I am gonna have to go to New Zealand or Netherlands to see them!!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #146 on: December 08, 2014, 05:00:24 pm »

Rock Floutist...no one wants to see that.

Yeah....well, just a little bit more than that....

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #147 on: December 08, 2014, 05:01:44 pm »

Never heard of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jz0AwsJ3_E&index=5&list=RDYfAHsiTHWfQ

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #148 on: December 08, 2014, 06:08:15 pm »

The locations they are playing are nowhere near the size of the BOk Center. Think Brady or PAC.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #149 on: December 08, 2014, 06:21:13 pm »

The locations they are playing are nowhere near the size of the BOk Center. Think Brady or PAC.

Yeah.... Midland TX !!  Whole town could fit in the BOk Center....

I exaggerate....slightly....

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org