A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:16:51 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa County Courthouse Parking  (Read 6108 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« on: July 17, 2014, 07:52:09 pm »

I need to take my mom to the Tulsa County Courthouse tomorrow for some estate matters.  She can't walk very far so I will probably have to drop her off and then park the car.  If I cannot find a spot on the street, which of the sea of lots is available for a (hopefully) short stay?

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 08:21:25 pm »

There is a lot on the north side of the YMCA (5th and Denver) that charges $5 and usually has spaces. It is directly across the street from the north (main) entrance to the courthouse.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 09:15:35 pm »

There is a lot on the north side of the YMCA (5th and Denver) that charges $5 and usually has spaces. It is directly across the street from the north (main) entrance to the courthouse.

Thank you

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 09:28:24 am »

I’ve never had a problem finding an open spot in the garage under the City Hall/Courthouse plaza.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 10:03:33 am »

I lied. They only charge $4 a day.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 05:55:14 pm »

Mom and I went to the courthouse today.  I called the courthouse to ask where to drop mom and then park the car.  The lady I talked to gave me directions to the garage entrance parking. I turned one driveway too soon and mom got worn out by the walk in and out but she was OK.  We also went to get additional death certificates the 51st and 129th E Ave site.  That wore her out too but the wait inside gave her enough of a break to be OK. Thank you all for your input.

sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 01:17:32 pm »

Everytime I go downtown I take the Bus,  the bus ride ends downtown at the bus depot across the street from the court house very close & handy and no parking problems, parking is a bear downtown and now they have those computerized parking meters that I can't figure out. With all the hassle and risk of downtown parking such as  parking tickets, vandalism, or a towed car,  for only  $1.75 you can take the bus and get a transfer pass to get a ride back home. I was last downtown back in March fighting an increase in my homes valuation at the tax appraisers office. I took the bus - I did not have to worry about a parking meter running out or some private lot charging a ton of money or having your car towed because you parked in the wrong space or something- No Thanks.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2014, 02:03:52 pm »

Everytime I go downtown I take the Bus,  the bus ride ends downtown at the bus depot across the street from the court house very close & handy and no parking problems, parking is a bear downtown and now they have those computerized parking meters that I can't figure out. With all the hassle and risk of downtown parking such as  parking tickets, vandalism, or a towed car,  for only  $1.75 you can take the bus and get a transfer pass to get a ride back home. I was last downtown back in March fighting an increase in my homes valuation at the tax appraisers office. I took the bus - I did not have to worry about a parking meter running out or some private lot charging a ton of money or having your car towed because you parked in the wrong space or something- No Thanks.

Yes, urban living can be complicated.

As a contrast, I always park on the streets just south of the courthouse and never fail to find a meter. Often times they still have time on them. Half block walk to the courthouse. But it means I may have to circle the block a couple times. If that doesn't work, I simply pull into the underground parking where someone is always just leaving. Been doing that since 1968 and never had vandalism or been towed. I admit to a few parking tickets but not around the courthouse. Too close to the heat.

The bus is great. I applaud you for doing that but it isn't convenient for the suburbs and small towns around us.

onward...through the fog
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org