A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:08:18 am
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ban Food Trucks?  (Read 41254 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #150 on: July 02, 2014, 04:00:39 pm »

Uh huh! Looks like one of them there terrorist acts.  Wink

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #151 on: July 03, 2014, 02:09:57 am »

Saw that on the news early Wednesday. That looks like a catastrophic failure of one of the tanks with the propane cloud before the explosion. There was a story on NBC Nightly news about this and info that you are more likely to get injured from a backyard gas grill.

http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/12-hurt-5-critical-philadelphia-food-truck-explosion-n146681

Further proof that charcoal or wood is the better idea for home use.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #152 on: July 03, 2014, 08:31:03 am »

Or natural gas. Its flavored with mercaptan so at least you can smell if its leaking. Does Propane have any smell?

onward...through the fog
rebound
City Father

« Reply #153 on: July 03, 2014, 08:35:08 am »

Or natural gas. Its flavored with mercaptan so at least you can smell if its leaking. Does Propane have any smell?

Yes, it has a very distinctive smell.  I grew up on a farm refilling our tractor with propane, and we also ran propane in our pickup back in the late '70's.   I refilled those tanks countless times, and it made me nervous every time.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #154 on: July 03, 2014, 10:56:35 am »

About as offensive as natural gas....uses ethyl mercaptan plus others.  Doesn't seem as 'strong' as natural gas, but just as disgusting.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org