A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:43:52 am
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iraq Reverts  (Read 128419 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #360 on: October 15, 2014, 01:40:31 pm »

While I generally think you're brain damaged, I'm with you on this.  The names are crap to anyone with half a brain, damaged or not.

It seems wrong to package something up like this to sell to the general public.

The only reason they gave it a name was because members of the military demanded it, otherwise veterans would have no status for fighting in it.  No patches.  No certificates of foreign war status.  It would kinda be like calling a terrorist attack "workplace violence" to avoid the political fallout.

Everything is politics, and I have a feeling that the flaccid name offered is almost intended as an insult, because it was already rejected by the Pentagon.
"Oh you hate the name Inherent Resolve?  Perfect!  Inherent Resolve it is!"

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #361 on: November 01, 2014, 03:52:20 pm »

Congo has an interesting anti-ISIS policy.

A mob stoned to death a suspected terrorist before burning his corpse and eating him in revenge for a series of attacks in Congo that have left 100 people dead.

Witnesses said the young man, who has not been identified, aroused suspicion on a bus in the north east of the country when passengers discovered he could not speak the local Swahili language and that he was carrying a machete.

Witnesses said he was then stoned to death by the crowd before his body was burned and eaten.

[Emphasis]
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2816159/Mob-stone-death-suspected-ISIS-member-burn-corpse-EAT-revenge-series-attacks-Congo-left-100-people-dead.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #362 on: November 01, 2014, 09:34:17 pm »

Let’s hope he didn’t have ebola.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #363 on: November 01, 2014, 10:41:50 pm »

Let’s hope he didn’t have ebola.

Hey, the Atlantic Ocean is the new Mississippi River.  If it's east of the Atlantic, it doesn't exist.

Cheesy

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #364 on: January 15, 2015, 01:51:06 pm »

Not particularly good. ISIS has gained more ground in Syria despite our efforts.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #365 on: January 15, 2015, 02:03:06 pm »

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #366 on: January 15, 2015, 02:44:15 pm »

Today ISIS is gathering gay men and throwing them to their deaths from buildings in Iraq.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #367 on: January 15, 2015, 04:34:59 pm »

Not particularly good. ISIS has gained more ground in Syria despite our efforts.

I must be home brewing too much.  The graphic reminds me of a broken carboy.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #368 on: February 11, 2015, 02:49:58 pm »

War Powers resolution to congress just a few minutes ago. 
@AP  BREAKING: Obama says Islamic State 'going to lose' as he asks Congress for military force authorization.

We failed to contain them.  We are going to war against the JV team.

Sending some of these with hugs and kisses.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #369 on: February 12, 2015, 02:23:45 pm »

Unconfirmed but there are lots of military folks tweeting that ISIS has just taken a military base in Anbar, and may have taken several US troops.
Reuters is reporting that the Iraqi town of al-Baghdadi where the base is located has fallen. http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/12/us-mideast-crisis-iraq-anbar-idUSKBN0LG23120150212?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #370 on: February 12, 2015, 02:31:36 pm »

Unconfirmed but there are lots of military folks tweeting that ISIS has just taken a military base in Anbar, and may have taken several US troops.
Reuters is reporting that the Iraqi town of al-Baghdadi where the base is located has fallen. http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/12/us-mideast-crisis-iraq-anbar-idUSKBN0LG23120150212?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews

Just more validation that we should never have gone there in the first place and should have been completely done with working with Iraq years ago.  If we are gonna have people there, keep them as a collective, cohesive force, not dispersed among the slackers that we put in power!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #371 on: February 12, 2015, 02:32:43 pm »

Just more validation that we should never have gone there in the first place and should have been completely done with working with Iraq years ago.  If we are gonna have people there, keep them as a collective, cohesive force, not dispersed among the slackers that we put in power!

I thought that base was closed?  Not sure why we still have anyone there?

Pentagon is now saying that the city was taken but the base is secure. I suppose we have to wait until the dust settles a bit.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 02:34:20 pm by Gaspar » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #372 on: February 12, 2015, 02:42:18 pm »

I thought that base was closed?  Not sure why we still have anyone there?

Pentagon is now saying that the city was taken but the base is secure. I suppose we have to wait until the dust settles a bit.

Probably some kind of "training" BS.

As I have said before - we need more drones.

We could alternately use a few hundred thousand jdams.  Approach this like humpback whales approach dinner - start with a wide circle of bombs around the eastern half of Syria, separated by no more than the kill zone of each (couple hundred feet??), then move progressively toward the center of the circle, with another circle of jdams - smaller diameter - again, .  Followed by another, smaller circle another couple hundred feet smaller.  Lather, rinse, repeat....  Keep on big daisy cutter or moab for the center of the circle, just for effect.

Then Iraq.  Then whatever part of Afghanistan they occupy.

Obliteration.  Extermination.  Elimination.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #373 on: February 12, 2015, 02:47:35 pm »

Probably some kind of "training" BS.

As I have said before - we need more drones.

We could alternately use a few hundred thousand jdams.  Approach this like humpback whales approach dinner - start with a wide circle of bombs around the eastern half of Syria, separated by no more than the kill zone of each (couple hundred feet??), then move progressively toward the center of the circle, with another circle of jdams - smaller diameter - again, .  Followed by another, smaller circle another couple hundred feet smaller.  Lather, rinse, repeat....  Keep on big daisy cutter or moab for the center of the circle, just for effect.

Then Iraq.  Then whatever part of Afghanistan they occupy.

Obliteration.  Extermination.  Elimination.

I disagree.  So do they.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #374 on: February 12, 2015, 04:46:20 pm »

I disagree.  So do they.

Yeah, me too....

Isn't that what the Repubs are calling for with boots on the ground...only with our kids instead of theirs??

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org