A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:23:28 pm
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iraq Reverts  (Read 128342 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #240 on: September 02, 2014, 01:26:18 pm »

Jen Psaki at the State Department is on it!

As for the president's schedule today, he is in the air on the way to Estonia, home to one of the top 100 courses in the world, according to Golf World Magazine.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 01:40:47 pm by Gaspar » Logged

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #241 on: September 02, 2014, 01:32:33 pm »

Psaki gave a press conference a little while ago and made a fool of herself. She was combative to reporters and provided ZERO information on anything.  Not really sure why she called the press conference at all.  Quote of the day:

"Our actions speak to our commitment to take on the threat of ISIL."
--Jen Psaki

Somewhere a sorority is missing their rush director.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 01:41:08 pm by Gaspar » Logged

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #242 on: September 02, 2014, 01:54:57 pm »

OK that picture has to be Photoshopped or a joke. No way would anyone be standing there smiling and giving the ol thumbs up. Duh ain't I cute look.
Anyone making light of another human being killed in this manner has no soul. It's absolutely appalling.  Angry

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #243 on: September 02, 2014, 02:11:03 pm »

. . .and I give you your Deputy Secretary of State.
You're in good hands.  Sleep tight.

http://amanpour.blogs.cnn.com/2014/09/02/isis-iraq-syria-brett-mcgurk-steven-sotloff/

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #244 on: September 02, 2014, 03:09:37 pm »

. . .and I give you your Deputy Secretary of State.
You're in good hands.  Sleep tight.

http://amanpour.blogs.cnn.com/2014/09/02/isis-iraq-syria-brett-mcgurk-steven-sotloff/

I was waiting to see McGuirk say: "Over in The Iraq..."

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #245 on: September 02, 2014, 03:21:04 pm »

I was waiting to see McGuirk say: "Over in The Iraq..."

It's like everyone was in a hurry to go on TV today but completely unprepared to answer any questions.  Perhaps the president was the smartest of the bunch by just saying "&uck it!" and jumping on AF1 without making any statement.  At this point there is really nothing he can say.  Cameron and other world leaders have already voiced their condemnation, and showing up late for the party really serves no purpose, especially since there is obviously no plan in place.

ISIS has already announced the next victim (a Brittish reporter).  It would probably be safe to expect some escalation as we near 9/11.  Too bad all of this terrorism stuff falls during vacation season.

Meanwhile in Nantucket.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #246 on: September 02, 2014, 04:04:27 pm »

Okay. Can anyone that supports Obama give us any reason to be hopeful that our country will do something substantive to respond to two of our countrymen having been beheaded now?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #247 on: September 02, 2014, 04:05:45 pm »

OK that picture has to be Photoshopped or a joke. No way would anyone be standing there smiling and giving the ol thumbs up. Duh ain't I cute look.
Anyone making light of another human being killed in this manner has no soul. It's absolutely appalling.  Angry

That's what we get when our government is made up of un-serious campaign people. WHERE ARE THE DAMNED ADULTS IN THE ROOM?

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #248 on: September 02, 2014, 04:12:11 pm »

Okay. Can anyone that supports Obama give us any reason to be hopeful that our country will do something substantive to respond to two of our countrymen having been beheaded now?

“Obama" and “substantive” in the same sentence?  Really?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rebound
City Father

« Reply #249 on: September 02, 2014, 04:28:24 pm »

Generally I've decided to stay off any posts in the "National & International Politics" section because (a) they are pointless and are simply a place to biotch about Obama, or Bush, or whatever..., and (b) I still don't see why "Tulsa Now" even has this section in their forum as it doesn't seem to fit the greater site objective.

But hey, I have an honest and I hope not-to-provocative question.   What does "something substantive" mean in this case?  I assume you refer to military action, but I cannot see the efficacy of that path at this time against ISIL (or ISIS, or "the Islamic State", or whatever...).

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #250 on: September 02, 2014, 04:36:32 pm »

Generally I've decided to stay off any posts in the "National & International Politics" section because (a) they are pointless and are simply a place to biotch about Obama, or Bush, or whatever..., and (b) I still don't see why "Tulsa Now" even has this section in their forum as it doesn't seem to fit the greater site objective.

But hey, I have an honest and I hope not-to-provocative question.   What does "something substantive" mean in this case?  I assume you refer to military action, but I cannot see the efficacy of that path at this time against ISIL (or ISIS, or "the Islamic State", or whatever...).

And that's fine about your view about a military action, but can you make any suggestions?

rebound
City Father

« Reply #251 on: September 02, 2014, 04:47:34 pm »

And that's fine about your view about a military action, but can you make any suggestions?

You want my suggestions?   I didn't make the initial comment requesting somebody do "something substantive", and was simply asking (honestly) for clarification from you on what you think that might be.  If you in fact are advocating military action, I'd ask what you think it might be and what you think it might accomplish.  I agree it would be very emotionally gratifying to smack somebody hard, after all we've got plenty of hardware laying around, but to what end?  Honest question, as I don't see the end-game in that route, at least at this time.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #252 on: September 02, 2014, 04:52:34 pm »

You want my suggestions?   I didn't make the initial comment requesting somebody do "something substantive", and was simply asking (honestly) for clarification from you on what you think that might be.  If you in fact are advocating military action, I'd ask what you think it might be and what you think it might accomplish.  I agree it would be very emotionally gratifying to smack somebody hard, after all we've got plenty of hardware laying around, but to what end?  Honest question, as I don't see the end-game in that route, at least at this time.

No, you said you "cannot see the efficacy of that [military action] path at this time against ISIL." If you got nothing else, that's fine.

rebound
City Father

« Reply #253 on: September 02, 2014, 05:13:04 pm »

No, you said you "cannot see the efficacy of that [military action] path at this time against ISIL." If you got nothing else, that's fine.

So to clarify, by "something substantive" you do mean military action?  You never clarified that.  Is that in-fact what you are advocating? 

I've got opinions, for what they are worth, and will gladly opine, but again you first advocated a position.  I was, and am, not clear on what you are advocating.   What is it that you are suggesting is a good course of action, and why.  I'm just curious.  I'll give you mine if it's still of interest, but I am simply asked for clarification on your initial suggested course of action.   Trying not to be antagonistic, just asking for something more concrete than "substantive action".

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #254 on: September 02, 2014, 05:41:45 pm »

So to clarify, by "something substantive" you do mean military action?  You never clarified that.  Is that in-fact what you are advocating? 

I've got opinions, for what they are worth, and will gladly opine, but again you first advocated a position.  I was, and am, not clear on what you are advocating.   What is it that you are suggesting is a good course of action, and why.  I'm just curious.  I'll give you mine if it's still of interest, but I am simply asked for clarification on your initial suggested course of action.   Trying not to be antagonistic, just asking for something more concrete than "substantive action".

Sorry if you thought I was advocating something specific. I have already made clear how I think these monsters need to be taken care of, and it involves something just short of this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ft7kkXO98c[/youtube]

Make them afraid of what goes "bump in the night".

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org