A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:34:11 am
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems With VA Medical Care  (Read 23446 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2014, 09:18:56 am »

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2014/05/21/veterans-healthcare-scandal-shinseki-timeline/9373227/

Lets see, according to the established Obama scandal cycle, we should be around step 4 now.

1. Didn’t know??  Learned about it from the news.
2. Outraged!!  Muster outrage face and give outrage press conference.
3. Fire a low level official who can do little harm to the administration (promote whoever was in charge, or put them in charge of the investigation, that way it is in their best interest to protect Obama).
4. Commission an internal study or inquiry to be led by those directly involved with the scandal.
5. Wait until the public outrage dies down, or media fatigue sets in, frame any results or evidence as partisan, inconclusive, or otherwise not important.
6. Blame previous administration for failure.
7. Move on to next scandal and repeat steps.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2014, 09:20:21 am »

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2014/05/21/veterans-healthcare-scandal-shinseki-timeline/9373227/

Lets see, according to the established Obama scandal cycle, we should be around step 4 now.

1. Didn’t know??  Learned about it from the news.
2. Outraged!!  Muster outrage face and give outrage press conference.
3. Fire a low level official who can do little harm to the administration (promote whoever was in charge, or put them in charge of the investigation, that way it is in their best interest to protect Obama).
4. Commission an internal study or inquiry to be led by those directly involved with the scandal.
5. Wait until the public outrage dies down, or media fatigue sets in, frame any results or evidence as partisan, inconclusive, or otherwise not important.
6. Blame previous administration for failure.
7. Move on to next scandal and repeat steps.

But where does golf fit in with the priorities on the schedule?  Should I just insert a round of golf between each step?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2014, 09:25:58 am »

But where does golf fit in with the priorities on the schedule?  Should I just insert a round of golf between each step?

Stop it!  Golf is the only thing he has to get his mind off of all of the Bush problems he has to deal with.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2014, 06:52:05 pm »

Stop it!  Golf is the only thing he has to get his mind off of all of the Bush problems he has to deal with.

Hiding from scandal?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2014, 12:36:02 pm »

Going from bad to worse.

A preliminary report released Wednesday found “serious conditions” at the Phoenix Veterans Affairs facility, including hundreds of veterans who were never placed on an official wait list and faulty scheduling practices that meant some veterans would never see a doctor.
“We identified an additional 1,700 veterans who were waiting for a primary care appointment but were not on the [electronic wait list,]” the report from the VA inspector general said. “Most importantly, these veterans were and continue to be at risk of being forgotten or lost in Phoenix [healthcare system’s] convoluted scheduling process. As a result, these veterans may never obtain a requested or required clinical appointment.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/28/1700-vets-not-official-wait-list-phoenix-va-prelim/#ixzz332LHYFwJ
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

VA operated like a "crime syndicate" in Texas?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/05/27/exclusive-texas-va-run-like-a-crime-syndicate-whistleblower-says.html?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=cheatsheet_morning&cid=newsletter%3Bemail%3Bcheatsheet_morning&utm_term=Cheat%20Sheet
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 12:44:45 pm by guido911 » Logged

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2014, 03:15:07 pm »

The hospital in Gainesville, FL is now under investigation for keeping paper lists instead of reporting wait times electronically, however according to Rep. Corrine Brown there is absolutely no problems with the VA system in the state of Florida.

They got new cemeteries!  Problem solved.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id7fE4_jInQ#t=40[/youtube]

We should start hearing the phrase "witch-hunt" being thrown around soon, and then the argument that the whole VA scandal is nothing more than a GOP plot to embarrass the president. Soon after that, any veteran who lodges a complaint can expect to be branded with whatever the new derogatory nick-name is (as of yet to be chosen and released to the media by the administration).

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2014, 03:29:29 pm »

We should start hearing the phrase "witch-hunt" being thrown around soon, and then the argument that the whole VA scandal is nothing more than a GOP plot to embarrass the president. Soon after that, any veteran who lodges a complaint can expect to be branded with whatever the new derogatory nick-name is (as of yet to be chosen and released to the media by the administration).

Your prognostications don't tend to follow reality.

You might read what you're looking for on some conservative website though.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2014, 03:53:54 pm »

Your prognostications don't tend to follow reality.

You might read what you're looking for on some conservative website though.

Wait...didn't he say he was a libertarian?...Wha???

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2014, 03:56:02 pm »

Grin
Glad you both could make it.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2014, 04:27:10 pm »

Glad you both could make it.

Hey look, Gaspar tried.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2014, 09:22:44 am »

I listened to Obama on the VA this morning. Sounded presidential and am thankful for what he said.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2014, 04:03:38 pm »

Yeah, but at least I can turn down the volume and not feel my lunch creeping up the back of my throat when Palin is on.

That shows you really aren't recovering.....you need to change that label.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2014, 04:07:47 pm »

There's your "war on womyn" folks--democratic party style. Someone holding no elective office (although she is a former VP candidate and governor) who is viewed as smile in a port potty.

Don't forget the other inconvenient facts surrounding the sludge....like the fact that she spent God knows how much of who's money running for governor and winning - and then when it got to be to much a "bother" 'cause it was interfering with her national Sludgefest, she quit right in the middle of the term!!

Could not even be bothered to do the job she SAID she wanted to be elected to!! 

No war on women at all - just a recognition of her reality.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #88 on: May 30, 2014, 04:26:17 pm »

Here is an interesting article for those that want to compare the VA mess to Obamacare. It also provides some insight into the history of the VA. Sorry, Palin does not weigh in on this article, though.

Just got to spend a few days with brother in law in Knoxville area who has been using VA facilities for many years - from his military service in the Viet Nam era.  We got to have some good conversations.  He said he has never had better care that in the last 4 or 5 years - and he says it is excellent!  The people are friendly, courteous, responsive, prompt, and BEST of all, he has been getting real help for some of the issues he has survived with over the previous 40 years of neglect.

But then, by whatever means it has happened - either by accident or intentional - the increased spending of the last few years is making improvements.

Typical Congress  BS - get rid of the guy - Shinseki - who had actually started to have some positive effect on the situation.  But I guess that's what ya do when ya can't accept personal responsibility for one's own inaction....the inaction of Congress!!

And oh, yeah....   Forbes??   Really....Huh?  That's what you got??  Come on...you are better than that!!  I've seen it before!

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2014, 02:10:55 am »

Just got to spend a few days with brother in law in Knoxville area who has been using VA facilities for many years - from his military service in the Viet Nam era.  We got to have some good conversations.  He said he has never had better care that in the last 4 or 5 years - and he says it is excellent!  The people are friendly, courteous, responsive, prompt, and BEST of all, he has been getting real help for some of the issues he has survived with over the previous 40 years of neglect.

But then, by whatever means it has happened - either by accident or intentional - the increased spending of the last few years is making improvements.

Typical Congress  BS - get rid of the guy - Shinseki - who had actually started to have some positive effect on the situation.  But I guess that's what ya do when ya can't accept personal responsibility for one's own inaction....the inaction of Congress!!

And oh, yeah....   Forbes??   Really....Huh?  That's what you got??  Come on...you are better than that!!  I've seen it before!

Yes changes have been made, and veteran coverage has improved, but it doesn't replaced  that crap that veterans have received for the last 30+years. There are VA hospitals that have been beneficial to vets and they get the care they need, but there has been the neglect that has gone on for years, and the vets getting help has been small compared to those that need help.

It's sad that those people that volunteer to serve our country, get treated worse than those that come here illegally .
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 02:16:36 am by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org