A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:07:40 pm
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shotgun Sams  (Read 190825 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #390 on: April 14, 2016, 09:06:36 am »

The gift that just keeps on giving:

https://www.facebook.com/JimRiceforSheriff/

He simply converted his sheriff page over to his latest venture.

Spellcheck is not his friend...
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #391 on: April 14, 2016, 09:13:45 am »

The gift that just keeps on giving:

https://www.facebook.com/JimRiceforSheriff/

He simply converted his sheriff page over to his latest venture.

Wow, guy needs a spelling and vocabulary tutor.  His campaign will probably turn out like this...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Markk
Civic Leader

« Reply #392 on: April 14, 2016, 02:23:09 pm »

Spellcheck is not his friend...

It's not quite a reincarnation of Accountability Burns.  Yet....
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #393 on: April 17, 2016, 07:43:37 am »

No, Burns had good intentions/motivations. He was mentally in a different world than the rest of us. Seemed really smart when you met him. But his language was like computer code.

onward...through the fog
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #394 on: April 17, 2016, 08:53:46 am »

Good lord.

"So if someone wants to get on here and rag on me, because you send a remark or a question that made no sense, Shoot your best shot. Now after the remark was deleted because it made no sense, I personally asked what the issue was...If that's the way you feel so be it. However, we still don't understand your question, I would be more than willing to answer the question, If I knew what the question was. All I got out of it before I deleted it was something about standing on a porch and stabbing someone in the back..."

The FB page says he has 199 followers. One hundred and ninety nine people in Tulsa (or is it Tusla?) who have issues themselves.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
davideinstein
« Reply #395 on: April 17, 2016, 08:41:21 pm »

Do you have to live in the district to run for the council position?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #396 on: April 18, 2016, 08:10:39 am »

Yes

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #397 on: April 18, 2016, 09:52:36 am »

In Tulsa, a candidate has to be a resident of the district for 90 days before filing for city council. Oddly, to file for Mayor you must live in the city on the day of filing alone. Other cities vary widely. It is 0 days in Wichita, 183 days in Oklahoma City, Kansas City, and Ft Worth. In Denver, St. Louis and most bigger cities, it is 365 days of established residency before filing for city council.

Many cities have longer residency for Mayor than city council. In Denver and St. Louis, it is twice as long and in Kansas City it is four times as long (two years versus six months).

Power is nothing till you use it.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #398 on: April 18, 2016, 10:30:38 am »

In Tulsa, a candidate has to be a resident of the district for 90 days before filing for city council. Oddly, to file for Mayor you must live in the city on the day of filing alone. Other cities vary widely. It is 0 days in Wichita, 183 days in Oklahoma City, Kansas City, and Ft Worth. In Denver, St. Louis and most bigger cities, it is 365 days of established residency before filing for city council.

Many cities have longer residency for Mayor than city council. In Denver and St. Louis, it is twice as long and in Kansas City it is four times as long (two years versus six months).

I'm beginning to miss District 5 already.  SMH.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
BluePond
Citizen

« Reply #399 on: April 20, 2016, 10:05:20 pm »

Oh, and he also has a GoFundMe account which is asking for donations to his campaign. To date he has collected $0. I wonder how long before drops out due to "his poor health".
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #400 on: April 21, 2016, 12:42:37 pm »

Can we please delete this post or move it to a more applicable forum? This has nothing to do with "Development & New Businesses" and is annoying seeing it continue to be renewed to the top of this forum.

I have no interest in this guy or what he is running for.
LeGenDz
Activist

« Reply #401 on: April 21, 2016, 05:27:22 pm »

Can we please delete this post or move it to a more applicable forum? This has nothing to do with "Development & New Businesses" and is annoying seeing it continue to be renewed to the top of this forum.

I have no interest in this guy or what he is running for.
ditto

davideinstein
« Reply #402 on: April 21, 2016, 07:58:54 pm »

Good info. Has anyone here every ran for office?
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #403 on: April 22, 2016, 06:14:46 am »

I have not, but have had family run for everything from school board to county commissioner to city council.

If you want to run in the future, reach out to me and I can offer some advice.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #404 on: December 18, 2016, 11:29:38 pm »

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=69443

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org