A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:52:41 am
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My wife is running for City Council  (Read 13055 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: April 14, 2014, 07:44:40 pm »

Y'all be nice. If you have questions of her, please PM me or contact her direct. This ain't the forum to run a campaign.

This is her website... It is sparse so far. As she walks the district and hears from the voters, she will add more content.
http://americaforcouncil.com/

Like her on facebook...
https://www.facebook.com/americaforcouncil

Power is nothing till you use it.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 02:37:31 pm »

Broken Arrow trash system is unsustainable at the rates they charge. If they are going to continue to just give bags to citizens, they will have to raise rates to be far higher than what Tulsans pay.

Broken Arrow citizens have spoken that they like getting free bags from the city and especially like that they don't have ugly carts that the citizens have to haul back to their houses after servicing. What is not to like? They get free bags and get charged way less than the real cost of service.

But having city workers pick up bags from the curb causes many back injuries and the bags sometimes attract neighborhood dogs. There is a reason almost every city in the country has gone to cart-based collections.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 02:47:28 pm »

Broken Arrow trash system is unsustainable at the rates they charge. If they are going to continue to just give bags to citizens, they will have to raise rates to be far higher than what Tulsans pay.

Broken Arrow citizens have spoken that they like getting free bags from the city and especially like that they don't have ugly carts that the citizens have to haul back to their houses after servicing. What is not to like? They get free bags and get charged way less than the real cost of service.

But having city workers pick up bags from the curb causes many back injuries and the bags sometimes attract neighborhood dogs. There is a reason almost every city in the country has gone to cart-based collections.

I am paying the bills at a location there, and the rates don't feel cheap...but that is the combined water/sewer/trash bill.

Dogs are an occasional issue - not very often, 'cause the city seems to be very good about correcting that kind of issue, but it's like making lemonades with lemons....a stray dog getting into the trash is an opportunity to hone one's marksmanship skills.... now, where did I put that Daisy BB gun?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 09:29:57 pm »

It was terrific seeing RM at the TW Shannon meet and greet today. I am sure Shannon appreciated RM's cash donation, but I thought his starting the "wave" was a bit much...

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 09:58:15 pm »

It was terrific seeing RM at the TW Shannon meet and greet today. I am sure Shannon appreciated RM's cash donation, but I thought his starting the "wave" was a bit much...

It's lucky I wasn't eating or drinking anything or it would be all over the keyboard and screen.

Grin

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 09:05:05 am »

OK since you brought up his name. Who the heck is T.W. Shannon? And where is his vast amount of Ad Campaign money coming from?
I literally have seen him more than Kristin Glover the last few weeks during the News Broadcasts.
He has to be spending more money than that job pays. And it is not just one ad running all the time. This guy has several different ones running on every local Network Station.
I thought the one I saw last night about the Wife's Breast Cancer battle was a nice Political touch. His Campaign Manager is pulling out all the stops.
He should be a shoe in. Being the young conservative Black family man who will fight to end the dreaded "Obamacare"

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 09:08:25 am »

OK since you brought up his name. Who the heck is T.W. Shannon? And where is his vast amount of Ad Campaign money coming from?
I literally have seen him more than Kristin Glover the last few weeks during the News Broadcasts.
He has to be spending more money than that job pays. And it is not just one ad running all the time. This guy has several different ones running on every local Network Station.
I thought the one I saw last night about the Wife's Breast Cancer battle was a nice Political touch. His Campaign Manager is pulling out all the stops.
He should be a shoe in. Being the young conservative Black family man who will fight to end the dreaded "Obamacare"

In his defense, that ad (the one about fighting to end Obamacare) wasn't put out by him, but likely a PAC.  Notice he didn't approve the message?  Doesn't mean he won't try to, just means the ad doesn't necessarily represent him.

Not that I'd vote for him...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 10:14:00 am »

To answer both your questions:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/private-prisons-contribute-thousands-to-oklahoma-political-campaigns/article_f5ddca24-72e5-5c81-849b-031ac6c7c978.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 10:23:02 am »

Maybe a T.W. Shannon thread can be started?
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 11:01:05 am »

Not that I'd vote for him...

You will be labeled as a racist if you don't vote for him.

Shocked

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 01:06:31 pm »

You will be labeled as a racist if you don't vote for him.

Shocked

I'd likely be labeled as 'smart' if I don't.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 02:14:37 pm »

If you don't vote for my wife you would be anti-America.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 03:10:01 pm »

If you don't vote for my wife you would be anti-America.

Now THAT is cute!!   

But do you say stuff like that around her?  Mine would hit me....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 03:11:38 pm »

He has been in state government and now wants a bigger piece of the pie...running for Coburn's Senate seat.  He is an idiot - good ole boy buddies with Failin'.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2014, 03:38:32 pm »

He has been in state government and now wants a bigger piece of the pie...running for Coburn's Senate seat.  He is an idiot - good ole boy buddies with Failin'.

He's a really nice young man who has achieved great things in a relatively short career.  I got to meet him, his wife, and kids at the capital last year.  Though his positions are far more Republican than Libertarian, he is most certainly not an idiot.  He just simply has not grown out of Republicanism yet and is not likely to.

To a liberal however he is indeed nefarious, in that he supports traditional Republican views with a slight libertarian bent towards individual liberty, responsibility and reduction in the size of government.  The good news for liberals is if he is elected, he will not be nearly as libertarian as his predecessor Coburn.  He will be far less of a lightning rod, and will mount far less resistance against government waste and expanded social spending.  In the long run, liberals will enjoy him far more then Coburn.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org