A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:43:46 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone ever split land into lots?  (Read 3082 times)
Joey
Citizen

« on: April 03, 2015, 03:01:42 pm »

I still have four acres of City land I don't know what to do with.  Is it possible to split the land into lots without a formal infrastructure project that involves utilities & roads?
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 03:30:38 pm »

Of course it is......

Joey
Citizen

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 03:34:47 pm »

Educate me.  How do I get started? 
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 04:04:05 pm »

I would see what it's zoned for first.....

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 04:18:51 pm »

http://www.incog.org/subdivision/lotsplit_101.pdf

Power is nothing till you use it.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 12:06:55 am »

I hope you have better luck with it than I did. Thanks to bureaucracy involved it delayed the start of our house build by 3 months.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 10:25:49 pm »

I hope you have better luck with it than I did. Thanks to bureaucracy involved it delayed the start of our house build by 3 months.

That's what I really like about a place we are getting....no permits required....no zoning...no limits on what I can build - don't "have" to build a McMansion - can be a small cottage!  I could start tomorrow!  Except that I started a month ago...  And another biggie - I don't have to finish it on anyone else's schedule (permit expiration).

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 08:55:01 am »

Call INCOG or the city of Tulsa permit office and ask them which real estate attorney they enjoy working with the most.  Hire that person and have them work it up for you.  From my experience the cost of the attorney is money well spent to avoid the frustration and bureaucracy you find down at INCOG and the permitting office.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org