A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:10:10 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did the City allow AEP / PSCO Electric Power Company to up their rates?  (Read 7872 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 11:28:53 am »

Probably still in the bottom 5.

Gotta love the rates in Texas.. Deregulation FAIL.

I know, I lived in Houston for 3 years in the early 90s.  HL&P was hated worse than any iteration of CSW/PSO/AEP.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2014, 12:54:38 pm »

TW breaking blurb:

AEP-PSO asks state to raise utility rates $45 million

If approved as filed Friday, the average bill would rise $3.97 per month for customers using 1,000 kilowatts hours. The rate would increase 3.9 percent.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2014, 03:01:03 pm »

Still not sure how my bill went from 107.00 last month to 230.00 this month. But hey. They need more so lets all chip in and give it to them. Or buy a bunch of candles.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2014, 06:41:23 pm »

According to the full story, a rate increase still puts them below the state average, and Oklahoma is one of the cheapest states in the country, so my worry meter is pretty low on this one.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2014, 07:16:12 pm »

According to the full story, a rate increase still puts them below the state average, and Oklahoma is one of the cheapest states in the country, so my worry meter is pretty low on this one.

PSO has nearly tripled my electric at the hangar just to be connected in the last few years.  Electricity is extra.  They don't need any more money from me.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2014, 01:31:24 am »

They don't need any more money from me.

Yes they do. Pay your fair share... Roll Eyes

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2014, 11:01:47 am »

But we are the ones with the natural gas, and a lot of our generation goes to other states (who are more than willing to take advantage of our looser environmental regulations), so, how much of that increase is subsidizing other states?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org