A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:39:47 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa parking meter rates  (Read 22391 times)
dbacks fan
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2010, 07:24:45 pm »

They just said on the news that it was 70 years ago today that the meter made it's debut

From Oklahoma Horizon:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZQgPRFgkOA[/youtube]
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2010, 10:30:20 pm »

"lol you didn't know that?  There is also some traffic control device (yeild sign, stop sign, traffic light, something)

First Yield sign was installed in Tulsa.
I had the honor of interviewing inventor Clinton Riggs when he was chief of security for Tulsa Junior College downtown, and I believe he had the original in his office.  Neat guy, lots of stories.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
CoffeeBean
Civic Leader

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2010, 08:36:49 pm »

The electronic meters downtown are a complete mess.  Some work, some don't.  Some take debit cards, some don't.  Some meters advertise 2 hours while the sign directly overhead advertises 1 hour.  Some meters advertise 1 hour while the sign directly above advertises 2 hours.  The arrow buttons that allow the consumer to change the time requested do not work, i.e. if using a debit card on a 2 hour meter, you have one choice - 2 hours.  Some meters with a balance of time will take your money without adding any time, others will. 

It's a total cluster.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2014, 12:21:33 pm »

So are the rates doubling?

Any other changes?

Still free after 5?

What are the rumors?
davideinstein
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2014, 03:48:02 pm »

The electronic meters downtown are a complete mess.  Some work, some don't.  Some take debit cards, some don't.  Some meters advertise 2 hours while the sign directly overhead advertises 1 hour.  Some meters advertise 1 hour while the sign directly above advertises 2 hours.  The arrow buttons that allow the consumer to change the time requested do not work, i.e. if using a debit card on a 2 hour meter, you have one choice - 2 hours.  Some meters with a balance of time will take your money without adding any time, others will. 

It's a total cluster.

Yep.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2014, 02:17:02 pm »

The first traffic light is on display at Greenfield Village in Dearborne, Michigan. The first red light camera may soon debute there one day to.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2014, 04:35:13 pm »

The first traffic light is on display at Greenfield Village in Dearborne, Michigan. The first red light camera may soon debute there one day to.

Great
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org