A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:13:39 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bishop v. United States: Oklahoma gay marriage  (Read 48902 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2014, 10:36:00 pm »

Elevating the discourse to new levels...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/19/pastor-posts-church-sign-about-stoning-gays-that-youll-have-to-see-to-believe/

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2014, 10:42:24 pm »

By our very own group of Simple Jacks.

You are close to going full retard...

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2014, 12:03:51 am »

That is an impressively literal reading of the Bible. Seems like he has trouble with the concept of parable.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2014, 12:47:49 am »

That is an impressively literal reading of the Bible. Seems like he has trouble with the concept of parable.

That's a bit low on the list of that clown's problems...

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2014, 08:51:18 am »

And now there is another reason to never go to Illinois, besides their gun control ignorance.  Are they getting a big migration of some of our worst?  Will that make Oklahoma a smarter place?

I'm thinking that since we get about the most tornadoes, then that must mean we have a larger proportion of gay people....except so many I have known have moved out of state....  what is going on in the world?  Oh, wait,....I know....it's RWRE extremism hard at work in the heartland!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/19/susanne-atanus-congress-_n_4993555.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TeeDub
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2014, 12:17:28 pm »

Colorado stones homos....    And straights...   Hell, Colorado thinks everyone should be stoned.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2014, 12:25:21 pm »

Colorado stones homos....    And straights...   Hell, Colorado thinks everyone should be stoned.

thank you, i'll be here all week

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2014, 12:36:04 pm »

The interesting debate would be if he can be charged with inciting violence.  If the KKK were to say "the bible says black people should be hanged, we should do what the Bible says," they would be charged with inciting violence.  Same if religion was used as an excuse to incite violence against Jews.

But a Christian saying we should murder gay people, then there is a question if he committed a crime (potential criminal act > his 1st amendment right).  Generally, your right to free speech stops when you advocate criminally revoking someone else's rights.  Murder, for instance.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2014, 12:45:16 pm »

A 2 minute research:  it appears you can try to get a crowd to lynch people in Oklahoma unless the person against whom you are encouraging violenece is based on race, religion or ethnic origin.  Political beliefs, sexual orientation., or anything else either isn't protected under state law - PR is pigeoned toed under some other law.

Hard to believe "you should kill group X or you will go to hell" is protected speech.  It calls for violenece, not a statement of belief.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2014, 12:49:41 pm »

The interesting debate would be if he can be charged with inciting violence. 

Better likelihood of it if he were white.  At least there would be more of an outrage.

Consider how Al $harpton and Je$$e Jacka$$ can get away with hurling all sorts of epithets toward Jews and white people without anyone so much as batting an eyelash.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2014, 01:12:59 pm »

Better likelihood of it if he were white.  At least there would be more of an outrage.

Consider how Al $harpton and Je$$e Jacka$$ can get away with hurling all sorts of epithets toward Jews and white people without anyone so much as batting an eyelash.

Eyelashes are batted.  ("Himey Town" from memory)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2014, 01:23:54 pm »

To be clear, insults, slurs and epithets should NEVER be criminalized.  Only a call to cause violence to another which is not hyperbole and has a likelihood of fruition.  Jesse Jackson can calle whatever name he wants, when he encourages others to harm me... he crosses the line.

So the question is, really, can you hide behind religion while encouraging people to murder someone?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2014, 02:01:55 pm »

Maybe he meant all the gay people should be forced to smoke the wacky terbacky?  Tongue

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2014, 02:20:05 pm »

Maybe he meant all the gay people should be forced to smoke the wacky terbacky?  Tongue

Rookie Okie
Civic Leader

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2014, 02:43:03 pm »

I don't know of Reverend Sharpton hurling epithet(S) towards whites and Jews.  He may pi$$ off some people because of positions that he takes that differ from his detractors, but such actions don't constitute racial name calling.  There would certainly be outrage if he did so, because there is outrage expressed towards him by his enemies over any comments he makes.  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org