A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:20:46 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Channel 2 and 1st street lofts  (Read 15038 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 03:26:33 pm »

So the bottom line is that he just gets to steal $1.3 million of taxpayer money with no consequences, right?

TDA at it's finest.
saintnicster
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 03:33:13 pm »

So the bottom line is that he just gets to steal $1.3 million of taxpayer money with no consequences, right?

No.  It has always been a loan from the city.  He just gets it interest-free for the first 10 years.  http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=20677.0

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2014, 03:55:39 pm »

Yes.

And people supporting this carp wonder why voters are so distrustful....?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2014, 04:05:04 pm »

No.  It has always been a loan from the city.  He just gets it interest-free for the first 10 years.  http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=20677.0

You are under the impression he's suddenly going to be able to pay it back when the note is due? He's already in violation due to lack of progress on the project, which has happened because he doesn't have the money to do the work.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2014, 04:27:02 pm »

City needs to take it back and give me the same deal.  There would be business tenants by now.  And residential soon.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2014, 08:35:20 pm »

City needs to take it back and give me the same deal.  There would be business tenants by now.  And residential soon.

They can't, he has other loans in position before the city's note. They can foreclose but they wouldn't get anything.
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2014, 08:12:17 am »

They can't, he has other loans in position before the city's note. They can foreclose but they wouldn't get anything.
I believe that is the same position TDA took with all the properties.  Early on they tried to be in first position but all of the developers had issue with that it was one of the reasons for significant delay in getting the projects going in the first place, that along with the developers believing these funds were going to be a gift and not require repayment. 

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2014, 10:27:11 am »

I believe that is the same position TDA took with all the properties.  Early on they tried to be in first position but all of the developers had issue with that it was one of the reasons for significant delay in getting the projects going in the first place, that along with the developers believing these funds were going to be a gift and not require repayment. 

I think Sager is still under the assumption that this is a gift.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2014, 11:09:09 am »

I think Sager is still under the assumption that this is a gift.

He's probably looking at ways to make it a gift.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2014, 11:45:11 am »

I made a business presentation to him once. He told me he would never do business with someone who kept his hands in his pockets. I guess he meant it was better to have them in someone else's pockets.

onward...through the fog
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2014, 11:48:27 am »

I call BS on the permitting.  Sager is known as a “go-to” guy for other downtown build-outs to help ease the process of permitting.  He also cashed out on the Woody’s, Blue Dome, and Arnie’s buildings to the tune of $1.2 million last year.

I also call BS on the economic downturn damaging his ability to borrow money from banks for the project.  Sager has NEVER been a bankable risk in the 20+ years I’ve known him.

He put some in buying the triangle bulding.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org