A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:05:55 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is Back Alley?  (Read 12129 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« on: October 24, 2013, 08:19:34 pm »

It's kinda closed...
http://whereisbackalley.com
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 08:30:26 pm »

Blake had adequate direct and indirect warnings that he needed to rein in the food and service issues Back Alley had with Rib Crib and Albert G's coming downtown.  Even with food changes, there were still significant service issues which really stood out considering the level of service Rib Crib is apparently offering at their downtown location.

I still have not tried the downtown RC simply because they use additives in their food I avoid.  When I did eat at other RC locations, it's generally consistent and the service is quick and attentive.  For most people on a 30 minute to hour lunch break, that's good enough. 

I gave Back Alley a few chances to impress me and they failed, therefore I quit going back.  Their price point was pretty high even if it was top-shelf Que.  At least when I finally gave up, it was nowhere close to top shelf.  Others gave up as well.  I hope Blake comes up with a concept that is more within the capabilities of himself and the people he can get to run it.  He's a bright guy and I applaud him for stepping back and making a change.  Don't get me wrong, I wish the Back Alley concept had worked.  I feel like management ignored all the signs and direct comments which were trying to get them to make changes to support the business.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 09:19:19 pm »

Sounds like a new concept is in the works?  What food void is there downtown that could be filled here?

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 07:36:48 am »

Sounds like a new concept is in the works?  What food void is there downtown that could be filled here?

Thai
Seafood
Cajun
joiei
City Father

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 07:43:43 am »

Greek, not middle eastern but Greek specifically

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
onehandoneheart
Citizen

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 09:09:11 am »

Never tried Back Alley. Some friends did--didn't hear good things.

Looks like Back Alley will be moving to a new location. With Rib Crib and (the soon-to-open) Albert G's both in Blue Dome, a new concept seems best for the space.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 09:14:47 am »

It only took me once. The que was unremarkable at best and the band playing was doing 60's-70's pop. Very good renditions but it just wasn't all coming together.

Do dat Cajun.

onward...through the fog
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 10:21:11 am »

Last I heard it was going to be more Southern comfort style of food, instead of just BBQ. I don't know if that is still the plan.

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 11:15:41 am »

I ate at Back Alley a handful of times.
Was always tasty.

I saw the "Where is Back Alley" sign yesterday.

I assumed there was a Back Alley food truck in the works.
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 11:55:28 am »

I enjoyed the food and service was good most of the time.
The cost of the food was too high IMO. We would've eaten there once a week but since it was one priciest establishments it became more of a once a month deal and every month something changed with the food I order which was damn frustrating.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2013, 12:32:51 pm »

Last I heard it was going to be more Southern comfort style of food, instead of just BBQ. I don't know if that is still the plan.

They did that change a few months ago.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2013, 12:53:04 pm »

If their food/service were half as good as their social media/marketing, they'd be the busiest restaurant in town. Who ever heard of a restaurant launching a website for their closing/repurposing?

Kind of like Archer Market, I always found it strange their relentless building of a social media presence before they even opened. I can't bring myself to 'like' something on facebook before I know if I like it in real life. Plus all of the posts telling me how great something's going to be whenever it opens can be grating.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2013, 01:19:01 pm »

Kind of like Archer Market, I always found it strange their relentless building of a social media presence before they even opened.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2013, 05:17:22 pm »

Cajun/Southern would be cool in that space.  Still waiting for a good Thai place in downtown.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2013, 09:48:30 pm »

Cajun/Southern would be cool in that space.  Still waiting for a good Thai place in downtown.

I've got the perfect name for it: "Thai Wan Ahn"

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org