A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:54:12 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anderson Windows- avoid if possible unless you have unlimited time on your hands  (Read 7701 times)
Markk
Civic Leader

« on: August 27, 2013, 01:43:50 pm »

FYI re Anderson Windows

I recently received a flyer advertising composite wood replacement windows from Anderson.  Because I need new windows, I called them to get a quote for 16 windows.  I tried to make arrangements to get something scheduled for someone to come and get measurements/etc., but was told a manager would have to call me back to make those arrangements.  After one week, I had no return phone call.

Called them again yesterday morning.  Made arrangements (confirmed with a manager) for an appointment today at 1.  No one shows up.  I call at 2 and let them know they are competing against an $18,000 bid.  They acknowledge they mistakenly had it on their schedule for Wednesday (not Tuesday) at 1, but can't get anyone out today (which would have been great, since I'm at home waiting for the 1:00 appointment that will never happen).

Appointment cancelled. 

If this is how they handle getting you a quote, I shudder to think how they handle actually tearing out openings in you house.  I will not call them again, and I suggest no one here calls them.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 03:21:00 pm »

Who was the distributor here....Huh

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 04:36:40 pm »

If this is how they handle getting you a quote, I shudder to think how they handle actually tearing out openings in you house. 

I would worry more about when/how they fill those openings after they open them.

Cheesy

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 07:02:28 pm »

As much as I hate to say it...Thermal Windows.

Hate to say it because the mixed bag of results in past - not the windows, they have been good - just the pricing compared to the dime store window guys (Lowe's, Home Depot).  Some were reasonable and comparable - several others were way too high!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org