A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:45:14 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Howdy? It's been awhile.. plus I have a lake question!  (Read 3393 times)
HoneySuckle
Philanthropist

« on: June 24, 2013, 09:51:04 am »

Not sure how it happened, but I think there were some glitches in the system, and I just gave up trying to come on the forum.

All the oldies (but goodies) stll around? Kiss

Anyway, daughter has a friend coming to down this weekend, and we are thinking of going to Lake Tenkiller for the day Sunday.

I'm not a fan of the heat, but too late to book anything, so was wondering if anyone has been up there lately and if you could recommend shady areas with a grill?

I don't think they care to swim, and I'm thinking also that Fisherman's point is going to be crowded with boats and loud teens! 

Unless there is another lake with better shade and grilling options? hehe

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 12:23:51 pm »

I would go up to Hudson if I were you.....Probably a lot more peaceful.....

TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 02:15:32 pm »

Haven't been to Lake Tenkiller in ages... but...

If you have time this Saturday night, our new soccer team, the Tulsa Athletics, will be playing the Houston Hurricanes at the old ballpark on 15th & Yale.
We have won 7 games, tied 2, and have 0 losses so far this season.  A win this Saturday will clinch our division.  
The owner of the Houston Hurricanes is Brendan "CelticBhoy" Keyes, so their jerseys will make it look like we're playing Glasgow Celtic...  Grin

Tickets are $5 to $10.  The $5 general admission sections have great sitelines and you can sit in the shade... $10 gets you reserved seats very close to the field.
Tickets can be purchased at the stadium or online here:  https://www.tulsa-athletics.com/tickets/

We will be expecting a crowd of around 3,000 and we will have a tailgate party two hours before gametime in the parking lot (no glass bottles).
Info and a RecycleMichael review of the game experience can be found in this thread... http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=20017.0

Cheers!
JEFF M

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
― Brendan Behan  http://www.TulsaRoughnecks.com
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 02:18:28 pm »

So honeysuckle thinks that popping in and saying "howdy" will make us all forget about being abandoned. Tongue Anyway, thought about Swan Lake? Great scenery and not a far drive. Otherwise, got to Table Rock. That's where I'll be this week.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 02:42:06 pm by guido911 » Logged

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 03:01:19 pm »

Just came back from Tenkiller this weekend.  It was fairly crowded, but not super packed.  We found good water for skiing and tubing, etc.  Water temp was great and only slightly off-color.  We stayed at one of the federal campsites (Cookson bend), and there were several sites available on-line even mid-week last week.  (www.recreation.gov

HoneySuckle
Philanthropist

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 03:51:54 pm »

Guido, I thought that passing off that "howdy" would have made you not notice the major abandonment!  How long has it been?  Seriously, I had thought about this forum, but there were some issues logging in, and well, FACEBOOK tends to be so much easier!! haha

I'll try to be good this time.  Lots going on in Tulsa.

I've seen an improvement in restaurants and gluten free offerings.  Oh, and so many supermarkets now have tons of GF items.  I remember the days when I had asked about these things.

I'll pass that ball game info onto the kiddos.  Might be a nice outing.

Table Rock lake is awesome.  I do love it out there, but this weekend we don't want to go to far...we have just one day to be near a lake, remember?

I think Table Rock will be where we will head to next month, and take in SDC, because some fool in the family insisted on season passes Roll Eyes  Now we gotta use the darn thing!

So everyone is here, plus some newbies, or the same old, bickering crowd from back in 2008?  I need to figure out when I last logged in...successfully.   Undecided

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 04:39:38 pm »

I like Lake Tenkiller. We go up around Cookson Bend.

Power is nothing till you use it.
HoneySuckle
Philanthropist

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 05:03:04 pm »

I like Lake Tenkiller. We go up around Cookson Bend.

Cookson is nice.  I'll take a gander on that side.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org