A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:02:52 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Evernote? ..or, OneNote?  (Read 6940 times)
TMS
Citizen

« on: May 29, 2013, 10:39:26 am »

Does anyone use either Evernote, or Micro$oft's OneNote for their note taking and note keeping? And if so, what's your preference, and why?

Thanks in advance!

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 10:47:17 am »

Does anyone use either Evernote, or Micro$oft's OneNote for their note taking and note keeping? And if so, what's your preference, and why?

Thanks in advance!

I use the heck out of Evernote.  Far better interface and available on any platform.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 11:35:50 am »

Evernote by far
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 12:04:03 pm »

Also Evernote.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 12:51:21 pm »

I have Evernote and have used it extensively in the past.  I have a Nexus tablet (Android) and lately have been using Google Keep.  I like it's simplicity, and using Android, I like it's integration with Google.  I still use Evernote, but have slowly been transitioning to Keep in the last month or so.

May be available on IDevices, but haven't looked, since I rarely use one.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 03:39:11 pm »

I have a Nexus tablet (Android) and lately have been using Google Keep.  I like it's simplicity, and using Android, I like it's integration with Google.  I still use Evernote, but have slowly been transitioning to Keep in the last month or so.

same here
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 03:46:50 pm »

Evernote is the winner by far. There are standalone apps for Windows, Mac, Android and iOS. Keep has apps for Android only. Evernote does full-text searching of not only text you enter, but also text inside of images and handwriting. (So if you take a picture of a package of oreos, you can alter search "oreos" and it will find it) It also indexes text inside of non-editable PDF's.

Also if you load in a bunch of recipes in Evernote, you're not going to get a bunch of google ads for recipe sites.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 06:02:38 pm »

Evernote is the winner by far. There are standalone apps for Windows, Mac, Android and iOS. Keep has apps for Android only. Evernote does full-text searching of not only text you enter, but also text inside of images and handwriting. (So if you take a picture of a package of oreos, you can alter search "oreos" and it will find it) It also indexes text inside of non-editable PDF's.

Also if you load in a bunch of recipes in Evernote, you're not going to get a bunch of google ads for recipe sites.

I don't get ads in Keep on my Android.  And for the desktop version?  Three words.

Ad Block Plus.

Plus, Evernote kinda pissed me off when I had to redo my password last month.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 06:20:49 pm »

I've used Notepad++ for years due to its simplicity, but I may have to try Evernote. I like a simple text editor that doesn't get in the way when I'm writing, one that doesn't offer to correct anything and does only what I tell it to do.  Later, I'll 'clean up' the copy in Open Office Writer.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 08:02:31 pm »

I don't get ads in Keep on my Android.  And for the desktop version?  Three words.

Ad Block Plus.

Plus, Evernote kinda pissed me off when I had to redo my password last month.

They pissed you off by making you change your password once?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 08:40:47 pm »

They pissed you off by making you change your password once?

The one time password change took me 2 weeks to resolve..back and forth with their 'tech support'.  Ask the question again now.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 06:16:45 am »

I've used Notepad++ for years due to its simplicity, but I may have to try Evernote. I like a simple text editor that doesn't get in the way when I'm writing, one that doesn't offer to correct anything and does only what I tell it to do.  Later, I'll 'clean up' the copy in Open Office Writer.

Notepad++ is also a great HTML editor.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 06:39:52 am »

Notepad++ is also a great HTML editor.

Or PHP editor.  Java editor.  CSS editor....

You get the picture.  It's the only text editor I use and have used for about four years now.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2013, 06:54:36 am »

The one time password change took me 2 weeks to resolve..back and forth with their 'tech support'.  Ask the question again now.

Took me about 30 seconds Smiley
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2013, 06:56:36 am »

Or PHP editor.  Java editor.  CSS editor....

You get the picture.  It's the only text editor I use and have used for about four years now.

I use it if I happen to be doing something complex from a windows machine, which isn't often. Mainly been using it on Visual Basic stuff.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org