A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:18:29 am
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Domestic LEFT Wing Terrorists  (Read 11080 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: March 27, 2013, 07:29:39 pm »

Figured we needed this thread, especially since this is happening to a female member of our legislature. Misogynists.

The horse slaughter bill passed the Senate on Tuesday and is heading to Gov. Mary Fallin, who has indicated she'll sign it.

The bill was fiercely opposed by animal rights groups across the country.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=12&articleid=20130327_12_0_OKLAHO350214

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 07:42:55 pm »

Figured we needed this thread, especially since this is happening to a female member of our legislature. Misogynists.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=12&articleid=20130327_12_0_OKLAHO350214

Just as bad as the RWRE!!  Not just left wing extremists on this one, though....

I still haven't heard any of these so-called "horse lovers" state exactly how a horse is any different from a cow, buffalo, lamb, goat, or hog when it comes to meat....

I wonder if Canada has any horse on the menu...?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 08:35:27 pm »

At least you are consistent, Heiry.

Guido, I guarantee you will never come close to getting the material for this thread to be credible let alone believable. Even the right wing media can't feed you the stuff I squander from the progressive side.

But you should try. I don't know the depth of the material you can pull out of your exit. Unfortunately for you, there's no need for left wing terrorists because they have already won the culture war. Change has come to America. Have you heard? Forward!

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 09:31:46 pm »

I guarantee you will never come close to getting the material for this thread to be credible let alone believable.

He probably could if he embraced the current tactic of labeling activists as terrorists.  Juries seem to fall for that.

In all these law enforcement schemes the alleged terrorists masterminds end up seeming, when the full story comes out, unable to terrorize their way out of a paper bag without law enforcement tutelage. ("They teach you how to make all this stuff out of simple household items," one of the kids says on a recording quoted in the FBI affidavit about a book he has just discovered, The Anarchist Cookbook. Someone asks him how much it says explosives cost. "I'm not sure," he responds, "I just downloaded it last night.") It’s a perfect example of how post-9/11 fear made law enforcement tactics seem acceptable that were previously beyond the pale. Previously, however, the targets have been Muslims; now they’re white kids from Ohio. And maybe you could argue that this is acceptable, if the feds were actually acting out of a good-faith assessment of what threats are imminent and which are not. But that's not what they're doing at all. Instead, they are arrogating to themselves a downright Orwellian power – the power to deploy the might of the State to shape a fundamental narrative about which ideas Americans must be most scared of, and which ones they should not fear much at all, independent of the relative objective dangerousness of the people who hold those ideas.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/national-affairs/how-fbi-entrapment-is-inventing-terrorists-and-letting-bad-guys-off-the-hook-20120515

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 10:04:30 pm »

I still haven't heard any of these so-called "horse lovers" state exactly how a horse is any different from a cow, buffalo, lamb, goat, or hog when it comes to meat....

That's not really the issue, but rather a deliberate distraction.

Oklahoma slaughtering is being billed as a humane way of dealing with unwanted horses, ignoring the fact that adoption has historically been more effective.

Meanwhile at the local level, Tulsa sees millions in tourism revenue from horse shows, but now who would bring their million-dollar show horse to a state that's the final destination for sick or infectious animals?

We only "need" to slaughter horses because Rep. Sky McNiels' slaughterhouse-owning family needs to change the law to suit their business model, at the expense of others.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 12:10:24 am »

He probably could if he embraced the current tactic of labeling activists as terrorists.  Juries seem to fall for that.

You read it here first. Threatening a government official is activism now. And that juries like it too.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 08:19:50 am »

You read it here first. Threatening a government official is activism now. And that juries like it too.

It's talk radio too.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 08:20:19 am »

That's not really the issue, but rather a deliberate distraction.

Oklahoma slaughtering is being billed as a humane way of dealing with unwanted horses, ignoring the fact that adoption has historically been more effective.

Meanwhile at the local level, Tulsa sees millions in tourism revenue from horse shows, but now who would bring their million-dollar show horse to a state that's the final destination for sick or infectious animals?

We only "need" to slaughter horses because Rep. Sky McNiels' slaughterhouse-owning family needs to change the law to suit their business model, at the expense of others.

Not a distraction at all.  This is a big complaint about horses being slaughtered for meat or pet food.  The distraction is that the PETA types just don't want anyone to eat meat, no matter what, and any plaintive bleat they can come up with is fine to tug at the heartstrings of people who have never considered eating a horse before to impose THEIR particular brand of animal morality on everyone else.  It doesn't matter if it is being billed as anything - the whole thing revolves around whether I should be allowed to go into a meat market and buy horse or not.  Or if horse should be available in that can of dog food for my pack of pit bulls!  Or American Bulldogs!

How would changing her business model come at the expense of others?  She might benefit, but maybe not - will have to see what the demand actually is.  Hers would NOT be the only slaughterhouse facility that would butcher horses.  

As for adoption - well how would this affect that in a business way?  And why would an adoption agency want to continue as a business??  It would mean there are fewer horses overburdening shelter facilities with too many unwanted animals.  I guess it would mean a reduction in their revenue stream - fewer horses may lead to lower contributions to their charity function....seems to me like every charity's main goal and fondest desire would be to go out of business due to lack of need for that function!  But hey, that's not the Harvard School of Business way of doing things is it?  Bureaucracy and charities are a lot alike - goal is to survive and grow...so "we can help more"....

The fools threatening this woman are disgusting, despicable sleeze-balls who would gag a maggot off a gut wagon....!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 08:23:57 am »

You do realize that Oklahoma has some many stock shows ranging from small to large for cows, sheep, goats, chickens, turkeys, hogs, etc - also involving millions in tourism revenue.  And we have slaughterhouses for each of those animals.  None of which has affected people coming here for the shows.... wanna re-think that lame statement??

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 08:33:33 am »

OSBI Investigating Threats to Oklahoma Legislator

http://kwgs.com/post/osbi-investigating-threats-oklahoma-legislator

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation is looking into threats made against a state representative who authored a bill to allow the slaughter of horses in Oklahoma.

The OSBI confirmed Wednesday it's investigating threats targeting Republican Representative Skye McNiel of Bristow.

McNiel says the threats have been troubling but says she refuses to "play into their hands." She says she has turned over emails, Facebook messages and telephone recordings to the OSBI.

Threats to a public official can be a felony crime and are one of the few crimes over which OSBI has original jurisdiction.

The horse slaughter bill passed the Senate on Tuesday and is heading to Governor Mary Fallin, who has indicated she'll sign it.

The bill was fiercely opposed by animal rights groups across the country.

I'm assuming this was staged by her committee to re-elect to counter the damage this legislation has done to the electorate's view of her.  Maybe under Bachmann's campaign advisers' tutelage.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 09:30:49 am »

OSBI Investigating Threats to Oklahoma Legislator

I'm assuming this was staged by her committee to re-elect to counter the damage this legislation has done to the electorate's view of her.  Maybe under Bachmann's campaign advisers' tutelage.

May be.  Got lots of sympathy for congressman Markwayne Mullin, and I dont think the OSBI is looking for his missing employee.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 09:47:38 am »

The fools threatening this woman are disgusting, despicable sleeze-balls who would gag a maggot off a gut wagon....!!

That may be true, but if she is amplifying and milking it for personal or political gain, she is no closer to the moral high ground.

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 11:47:43 am »

Left wingers are educated....right wingers are not.

Therein lies the absurdity of this thread.

I bet those making threats on that woman are horse traders.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 11:59:27 am »

On second thought...to show that TTC is fair and balanced: http://www.salon.com/2013/03/28/wisconsin_man_indicted_over_anonymous_attack_on_kochs/
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2013, 12:25:31 pm »

Before it became "terrorism" it used to be called "free speech."

http://www.infowars.com/doj-funded-training-manual-lists-bumper-stickers-as-terrorism/

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org