A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:27:14 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Michelle Bachmann: The gift that keeps on giving  (Read 8349 times)
Ed W
City Father

« on: March 17, 2013, 07:44:26 pm »

You gotta love Michelle because she brings looney tunes to a whole 'nother level.  It's regulation, taxation, and litigation that keeps us from seeking the cures for disease: 

"Scientists tell us we could have a cure within ten years for Alzheimer's if we only put our mind to it," Rep. Bachmann claimed, reports RightWingWatch.org.

"So why aren't we seeking to cure diseases like for Alzheimer's, diabetes, juvenile diabetes, heart disease, cancer, or Parkinson's Disease," asked Rep. Bachmann, ignoring the fact that there is currently research in all of those areas.

"How did we possibly get to this point of political malpractice? Because our government, proclaiming to care so much, has created a a cadre of over-zealous regulators, excessive taxation and greedy litigators."

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/health/conditions/cancer/rep-michele-bachmann-falsely-claims-america-not-seeking-cures-diseases

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Jammie
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 06:49:40 pm »

Haha. She just made a huge fool of herself last week. Yes, more then normal so she was in the spotlight. I can't believe she even holds an office, let alone was a presidential candidate.

Adopt an older pet. Help them remember what it feels like to be loved.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 09:31:36 pm »

"So why aren't we seeking to cure diseases like for Alzheimer's, diabetes, juvenile diabetes, heart disease, cancer, or Parkinson's Disease," asked Rep. Bachmann, ignoring the fact that there is currently research in all of those areas.

"How did we possibly get to this point of political malpractice? Because our government, proclaiming to care so much, has created a a cadre of over-zealous regulators, excessive taxation and greedy litigators."[/b]

Good questions!  Why doesn't she ask Bush and his gang why they put the stop on stem-cell research for 8 years...??

What other words mean the same as, but are more effective to describe her than "Profoundly Stupid??"

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 12:12:34 pm »

She has decided to stop giving fodder to comedians. She will not run for another congressional term.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 03:31:53 pm »

She has decided to stop giving fodder to comedians. She will not run for another congressional term.

Keep your eyes on the sewers.  She'll be back with all new fecal craziness.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 06:24:53 pm »

I think it has much to do with investigations into her handling of campaign finances. 

Frankly, I'll miss her. As one of the luminaries in the tea party, she represents the cutting edge of their intellectual elite.  Or something like that.

Ed

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 01:13:30 pm »

Cra-cra's coming to town...

Michele Bachmann to Give Commencement Speech at ORU

http://kwgs.com/post/michele-bachmann-give-commencement-speech-oru

TULSA, Okla. (AP) — Republican Minnesota congresswoman Michele Bachmann is set to give the commencement address at this spring's graduation ceremony at Oral Roberts University.

Bachmann is a graduate of the evangelical school and is slated to speak to its 700 graduates May 3 in Tulsa.

Bachmann has served in the U.S. House of Representatives since 2006 and says she won't be running for re-election this year. She ran for the Republican nomination for president in 2012.

The commencement ceremony will be held at the Mabee Center.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 03:52:34 pm »

In addition to attempting to fuel speculation about another run for the presidency, Michelle Bachmann said this in an interview on Wednesday:

“People from Yemen, Iran, Iraq and other terrorist nations are making their way up through America’s southern border because they see that it’s a green light, they can easily get in,” the Minnesota Republican warned. “Not only people with potentially terrorist activities, but also very dangerous weapons are going to cross our border in addition to very dangerous drugs, and also life-threatening diseases, potentially including Ebola and other diseases like that.”

Oddly enough, my map doesn't show Yemen, Iran, or Iraq anywhere in central or south America where most of the current child immigrants originate. And has there been any documented case of Ebola on our southern border, or how about those guns and other weapons like that?

Ms. Bachmann also argues that the House should defund the executive branch.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/michele-bachmann-children-ebola-and-people-terrorist-nations-part-immigrant-invasion

Ed

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 08:15:10 pm »

In addition to attempting to fuel speculation about another run for the presidency, Michelle Bachmann said this in an interview on Wednesday:

“People from Yemen, Iran, Iraq and other terrorist nations are making their way up through America’s southern border because they see that it’s a green light, they can easily get in,” the Minnesota Republican warned. “Not only people with potentially terrorist activities, but also very dangerous weapons are going to cross our border in addition to very dangerous drugs, and also life-threatening diseases, potentially including Ebola and other diseases like that.”

Oddly enough, my map doesn't show Yemen, Iran, or Iraq anywhere in central or south America where most of the current child immigrants originate. And has there been any documented case of Ebola on our southern border, or how about those guns and other weapons like that?

You are right, people from Yemen, Iran, and Iraq are too stupid to find their way to Central or South America first before coming to the USA. 
 Grin

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014, 07:19:50 am »

I would take advantage of the attention to our porous southern borders and try to slip in through Canada. Detroit would be good.

onward...through the fog
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 05:29:04 pm »

More crazy. Bachmann wants immigrant children in labor camps.  Cheesy

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/07/24/1316517/-Michele-Bachmann-Suggests-Labor-Camps-for-Immigrant-Children#

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 05:38:26 pm »

To Democrats low wages are the problem.  To Republicans low wages are the answer.  And labor camps are even better!

Somehow "profoundly stupid" just doesn't quite say it anymore....!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 06:25:13 pm »

Fallin has another memorable quote too, "In a letter to President Barack Obama, the governor wrote, "Your administration appears to be pursuing a course that actively shifts the costs of Washington’s failed immigration policies onto our states."

Isn't Ft. Sill an Army base? Funded by the Federal government? Of course, she has no real solution either.

onward...through the fog
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 09:08:29 pm »

Fallin has another memorable quote too, "In a letter to President Barack Obama, the governor wrote, "Your administration appears to be pursuing a course that actively shifts the costs of Washington’s failed immigration policies onto our states."

Isn't Ft. Sill an Army base? Funded by the Federal government? Of course, she has no real solution either.

Is the plan to keep "them" in Ft Sill forever?

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2014, 08:27:58 am »

Is the plan to keep "them" in Ft Sill forever?

Not if Bachmann has her way....they can go to concentration camps to work off their debt....

Where did that question come from?  You know the process involved - it's exactly what Bush and his buddies put in place to handle this situation.  And yes, it will take way too long!  Because on this, like so many other things, what they did was stupid.  But planned to cause grief and aggravation to the next administration.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org