A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:54:24 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Camille's empire copes with setbacks" and TW gets spanked  (Read 53456 times)
zstyles
Philanthropist

« on: February 18, 2013, 09:53:45 am »

Interesting story, and also interesting comments as usual..the unhappy franchisee website looks to have helped turned the PR spin machine the other way, which was the TW.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?subjectid=46&articleid=20130217_46_E1_CUTLIN825794

"Today, Oklahoma has just six Camille's locations left. In addition to the Woodland Hills restaurant, high-profile locations on Cherry Street and in Bartlesville are among those that have disappeared. "

http://www.unhappyfranchisee.com/beautiful-brands-ugly-shams/

Sample of some comments..."The UnhappyFranchisee site spanked TW HARD and, to their credit, Kyle & Co. came back with a pretty good article. It's not easy to go negative on your local golden boy. I'm hopeful it was a wake-up call and they'll be more serious in the future."

So you don't have to dig for it: http://www.unhappyfranchisee.com/tulsa-world-deceptive-or-lazy/

http://www.unhappyfranchisee.com/beautiful-brands-letter-tulsa-world/
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 11:02:12 am by zstyles » Logged
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 11:12:24 am »

This clown chain claim to suck cess was so obviously misplaced. Which bank funded this guy?

Next up? TW sells to Anshutz in Denver?

Things are rough all over.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 11:26:51 am »

Most franchisor/franchisee agreements are heavily tilted towards the franchisor and it is not uncommon to have a high failure rate and disgruntled franchisees.  Franchises are often used by people with too little money and experience to start a business.  Bad combination.  Beautiful Brands seemed to compound this inherent weakness by churning out one bad concept after another even as its flagship brand, Camille's, was starting to fade.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 02:03:42 pm »

It seems David's problems are a bit deeper than TW has reported.
http://www.franchisepublicity.com/david-rutkauskas-bizarre-misrepresentations-of-beautiful-brands/

http://www.franchisepublicity.com/david-rutkauskas-are-his-500000-twitter-followers-fakes/
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 02:11:10 pm by Gaspar » Logged

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 02:12:30 pm »

Will be interesting to see how this all plays out...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 02:19:29 pm »

Will be interesting to see how this all plays out...

It's sounding like 8801 South Yale Avenue Tulsa, OK 74137 will be available for lease sometime in the near future.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 02:44:33 pm »

*long, slow whistle*

That boy has a bad case of megalomania.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacks fan
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 02:54:38 pm »

Would really like to hear what Mazzio's has to say about this.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 02:59:35 pm »

all these BBI articles on unhappyfranchisee.com and franchisepublicity.com are great.
I've always thought the non stop BBI PR machine (and the Tulsa World's BBI crush) was more than a little questionable.

Does BBI have anything to do with Top-That Pizza?

This isn't about franchisee's being upset... this is about BBI claiming they have franchisee's and business partners and "things in the works" when they clearly don't.

Bill Hyman, CEO of Tulsa-based KEO restaurant, wrote:
    I had no idea it was on their page…. They have nothing to do with us…   They do not represent us and they do not have our permission to use our logo

great stuff
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 03:07:11 pm »

all these BBI articles on unhappyfranchisee.com and franchisepublicity.com are great.
I've always thought the non stop BBI PR machine (and the Tulsa World's BBI crush) was more than a little questionable.

This isn't about franchisee's being upset... this is about BBI claiming they have franchisee's and business partners and "things in the works" when they clearly don't.

I had no idea it was on their page…. They have nothing to do with us…   They do not represent us and they do not have our permission to use our logo

great stuff

I know Hyman through cycling.  He and his wife used to be Camille's franchisees and he told me unequivocally he would never work with BBI or Rutkauskas ever again that's what makes it more hilarious to see that.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 03:14:22 pm »

great stuff

They do, note my inference at how horrible an idea that was:
http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=16929.0
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 03:17:31 pm »

Top That! severed ties with BBI last year.

zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 03:19:47 pm »

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 03:39:31 pm »

They do, note my inference at how horrible an idea that was:
http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=16929.0

And there's this gem from that thread a "FIFY" I did to a Gaspar post

BB has a franchise marketing agreement only, no operations.  BB can sell locations under the regional franchise manager.  BB does an excellent job at selling concepts at blowing smoke up unsuspecting investors asses, I however operations is not their gig.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2013, 03:47:52 pm »

And there's this gem from that thread a "FIFY" I did to a Gaspar post

I think Top That! made a wise decision in exiting when it became apparent that the BB relationship was not mutually advantageous.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org