A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:30:58 am
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BREAKING: Tulsa Officially Meth Capital of The World  (Read 15196 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« on: February 13, 2013, 06:45:43 am »

http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/tulsa-proven-be-meth-capital-nation/nWNH7/

Perhaps we should suggest the diversion of some of our "Arcade Game Licensing Taskforce" to address this?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 08:19:07 am »

It's the "Tulsa Brand."   It's been trying to tell us that for a while.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 09:31:20 am »

Perhaps we should suggest the diversion of some of our "Arcade Game Licensing Taskforce" to address this?

Don't be silly, we cannot ignore the harm that playing an inappropriately licensed Pac-Man will do to the children.  My God, don't you care about the children?
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 10:11:34 am »

I'm sure it's all about tax revenue.  The city is probably losing tens of dollars of tax revenue every year from improperly licensed arcade machines.

In Blakes operation alone, the revenue generated from those machines, had they been taged, would probably pay for that evening's raid in about 200 years.

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 11:04:26 am »

Re: Tulsa Officially Meth Capital of The World

FINALLY! Jeez that took us too long.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 11:10:16 am »

We can't stay on top without a team effort and some really good draft picks this year.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 11:13:08 am »

We can't stay on top without a team effort and some really good draft picks this year.

We're surrounded by amazingly talented farm teams.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 11:45:27 am »

The numbers being used were artificially inflated when the joint task force decided to change the way it counted meth "labs".

Previously, a meth lab was an address, or a structure where a laboratory was housed.
Now every vessel possibly containing meth or meth ingredients is counted as a separate "lab."

So you might have one address where meth is being made, but if they lay out 50 two-liter bottles for the photo-op, they will call it 50 labs instead of the one laboratory, and the statistics skyrocket.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
JCnOwasso
Civic Leader

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 12:03:15 pm »

The numbers being used were artificially inflated when the joint task force decided to change the way it counted meth "labs".

Previously, a meth lab was an address, or a structure where a laboratory was housed.
Now every vessel possibly containing meth or meth ingredients is counted as a separate "lab."

So you might have one address where meth is being made, but if they lay out 50 two-liter bottles for the photo-op, they will call it 50 labs instead of the one laboratory, and the statistics skyrocket.

Dang it... I didn't expect Tulsa to use performance enhancing statistics.

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 12:19:27 pm »

Dang it... I didn't expect Tulsa to use performance enhancing statistics.

Well there go all of our sponsorships. I guess I won't wear this "methstrong" bracelet anymore. 
JCnOwasso
Civic Leader

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 12:34:28 pm »

Well there go all of our sponsorships. I guess I won't wear this "methstrong" bracelet anymore. 

Well, i believe they are still in talks with Breaking Bad for a long term deal.  The heat is on in albuquerque, so they need a new sponsor site.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 12:59:54 pm »

Why not just embrace it?
Works well with the "A New Kind of Energy" tag.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 01:01:46 pm »

Does it work like a dog flea collar?  Might still have a few tweaks left in it...     Grin

But sadly, it seems it takes a lot less to fool CNN than when it was Ted Turner's baby

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzHhxr-nrDk[/youtube]

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 01:12:04 pm »

It's the "Tulsa Brand."   It's been trying to tell us that for a while.

I still think it needs some tweaking.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 01:14:57 pm »

I still think it needs some tweaking.

Where's Sauer's input?  You know he's got the ear of Mary Fallin, right?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org