A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:44:45 am
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I sincerely hope..  (Read 45633 times)
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2013, 02:40:51 pm »

It is written in the law about city tax stickers.  They are the enforcement arm for the city.

Zoning and building codes are "written in the law" and, last I knew, TPD was not yet enforcing those laws.  Checking arcade licesnses and vending machines is not a good or efficient use of highly trained and expensively equipped police officers. 
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2013, 02:44:46 pm »

Zoning and building codes are "written in the law" and, last I knew, TPD was not yet enforcing those laws.  Checking arcade licesnses and vending machines is not a good or efficient use of highly trained and expensively equipped police officers. 

I edited my post with more information.  And I agree with you.  Not only are they highly trained police officers but also cover some of the most dangerous areas I believe.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2013, 02:47:53 pm »

I think Verada is right. This was a tactic, not a raid. They had other motives. Kind of like stopping a car for the driver not wearing a seatbelt. It was likely the result of profiling and allowed a search based on some tip received, but the seatbelt law allowed access.

Or they expected some overtime, some free pizza and a chance to gig the councilor. And KJRH needs to stroke the TPD alot more than they do entrepreneurs who reside close to two competitors, KOTV and TW.

I think word gets around and BE may be guilty of hubris. He needs to relax it out and learn to play the game. He'll get nowhere being arrogrunt.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2013, 03:04:24 pm »

I think word gets around and BE may be guilty of hubris. He needs to relax it out and learn to play the game. He'll get nowhere being arrogrunt.

Typical.

I would not have handled myself nearly as well as Blake did.  There was no rational reason for them to present a show of force durring peak hours, and harass his staff when he, the owner, stood by accepting responsibility.  At some point this may require the mayor's attention.  This is not standard police procedure.  I have yet to see a battalion of officers invade Chucky Cheese and issue citations.  I am willing to bet the mouse is also out of compliance.

Those who attack the rationale of the game, and not the players, are its most formidable adversaries. – James J. Martin

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
dbacks fan
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2013, 03:05:18 pm »

Pot calling kettle are we?
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2013, 03:24:01 pm »

I think Verada is right. This was a tactic, not a raid. They had other motives. Kind of like stopping a car for the driver not wearing a seatbelt. It was likely the result of profiling and allowed a search based on some tip received, but the seatbelt law allowed access.

Or they expected some overtime, some free pizza and a chance to gig the councilor. And KJRH needs to stroke the TPD alot more than they do entrepreneurs who reside close to two competitors, KOTV and TW.

The biggest violations should be at bars.  At 6:00 there really aren't enough people there to warrant that many officers.  I bet there were 9 people in the Max at 6:00 on a Thursday.  That isn't the time to catch extra crimes at the bar so I think this is just an inefficient use of manpower.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2013, 07:43:45 pm »

The story might have gone down differently until Blake implied that his business may have been targeted.

At the time of the raids, his observation was correct, but TPD went through the motions later with some other restaurants once they realized they stepped in it.
Its also likely the emails "leaked" to KJRH may have been crafted specifically for that purpose.  How long would it have taken for the TW to obtain something like that through the Open Records Act?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2013, 08:03:43 pm »

Chief Chuck Jordan directs all activities of the department.

Mayor Dewey Bartlett appoints him.

So, if there is a situation, it belongs with these two guys.  The officers are only doing what their directions specify.  And Jordan does what Bartlett specifies.

Gonna vote for Dewey again??  Well, it wouldn't surprise me if he is re-elected.  Disappoint, yes,...surprise, no.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2013, 09:59:29 pm »

At the time of the raids, his observation was correct, but TPD went through the motions later with some other restaurants once they realized they stepped in it.
Its also likely the emails "leaked" to KJRH may have been crafted specifically for that purpose.  How long would it have taken for the TW to obtain something like that through the Open Records Act?

Longer than the 24 hours it took the news channel to.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2013, 10:06:44 pm »

http://www.newson6.com/story/20009287/tpd-able-commission-focus-on-alcohol-crimes-to-prevent-other-major-crimes

So I found proof that they tripled their force from previous inspections.  Here is the news story about how they are going around businesses in high crime rates in the hopes of reducing major crimes by reducing alcohol crimes.   They focused on areas such as 47th and Braden and 61st and Peoria (it really helped there didn't it).  This is the same reason given for the raid on blue dome.  Anyway, they had a task force of 3 people to check bars around 61st and Peoria but they need 5 TPD and 4 ABLE agents to check Joe Momma's.  If you can't multiply, they sent 3 times the law enforcement to Joe Momma's than a bar at 61st and Peoria.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 10:34:24 pm by CharlieSheen » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2013, 09:28:45 am »

I can't recall the movie at the moment, but I'm reminded of this gem (or a close facsimile thereof):

"Don't you guys have something better to do like shaking down a Dunkin' Donuts for day old donuts?"

Anyone remember the movie?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
JCnOwasso
Civic Leader

« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2013, 09:57:58 am »

Those who attack the rationale of the game, and not the players, are its most formidable adversaries. – James J. Martin

Don't hate the playa, hate the game?

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2013, 10:36:20 am »

Tru dat!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2013, 06:45:43 pm »

How far up or down the ladder would you draw the line?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
JCnOwasso
Civic Leader

« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2013, 10:06:49 am »

How far up or down the ladder would you draw the line?

For some reason the differences, in politics, between the "playa" and the "game" are cloudy.  And in this case, the "playa's" have created the "game".  And honestly, I have no idea.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org