A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 05:46:27 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Einstein Bros. Bagels Opening Downtown Location  (Read 26212 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2013, 01:30:48 am »

So I guess I'm an "Outie".

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2013, 01:38:48 am »

Who pissed in your Wheaties this morning?

That was not a Wheaties pissing. You got:

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2013, 07:37:38 am »

Who pissed in your Wheaties this morning?

Promotion has never killed a business.  However, lack thereof... 

You can get to McNellies off Yale as well as 71st.  Ingress to the center Naples is in sucks from any direction except west-bound on 71st.

The center is on the same street McNellies is on, Zurich. That's my point.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2013, 07:11:12 pm »

Is Einstein still happening? They seem to be in no hurry. I think they've put in less than three days of work on it since putting the banner in the window months ago.

rdj
City Father

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2013, 09:20:48 am »

Yes.  Focusing on opening up a new store at 71st & Yale prior to getting downtown cracking.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2013, 11:09:52 am »

What was the downtown location before it was Burkharts?
Was it a small store/convenience store of some type?
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2013, 11:19:14 am »

So the coming soon banners should say "coming, but not very soon"?

Sorry. There are just too many downtown projects touting themselves with banners/social media/advertisements only to either take years or not happen at all.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2013, 05:18:13 am »

Sorry. There are just too many downtown projects touting themselves with banners/social media/advertisements only to either take years or not happen at all.

If it's one franchisee, I assume they can only open on store at a time. I believe 101st & memorial opened in March, 71st and yale looks to open in May, that would put the downtown location for likely July.
saintnicster
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2013, 08:02:53 am »

These days, if I see a "coming soon" banner, I take that as it being a year, if not more before it has even a chance of opening.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2013, 09:01:03 am »

If it's one franchisee, I assume they can only open on store at a time. I believe 101st & memorial opened in March, 71st and yale looks to open in May, that would put the downtown location for likely July.

Yes, it is one franchisee.  They hired staff for the 71st street store, but the city has been difficult to work with, shocker, which has delayed the opening of the store.  The franchisee is still paying the staff for not even working, which they can afford to do.  It is a solid local franchisee so don't expect these to fold anytime soon.  Funding is already in place for downtown store, July is probably not a bad timeline.  Will depend on if/what surprises they encounter along the way.

As an aside The Einstein model for all stores is to close at 5 PM.  So, for those that feel all downtown retail (which I totally get and am on board with when sensible) should be open late and on the weekends don't be surprised/critical when this store isn't.  As far as I know every store in the chain closes no later than 5 PM.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2013, 09:39:03 am »

The Ted will not be pleased.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2013, 11:45:57 am »

I had already been prepared for poor hours. There was a TW article that said as much a few months back. I think it said M-F only, too.

I just hope they give it more than three weeks before they cut back their hours from a 4 or 5pm closing time to 1pm.

Do things move slower here than in other cities, or does it just feel that way because we have so far to go to catch up?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 11:49:21 am by TheTed » Logged

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2013, 12:08:59 pm »

I had already been prepared for poor hours. There was a TW article that said as much a few months back. I think it said M-F only, too.

I just hope they give it more than three weeks before they cut back their hours from a 4 or 5pm closing time to 1pm.

Do things move slower here than in other cities, or does it just feel that way because we have so far to go to catch up?

If you think it's hard for late night dining options in downtown now, you should have lived there 25 years ago.  I can't even really remember any dinner spots from when I lived in Center Plaza other than maybe Summit Club or Petroleum Club.  It's coming around, just need the residential and night life density to support it and that's accelerating at a rapid pace.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2013, 12:16:05 pm »

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2013, 01:17:32 pm »

Unfortunately many don't think we are behind, or don't care, and what leadership we do have in this town, that does believe we are behind, is unfortunately heck bent on us "catching up".

What floors me is that they don't see the folly in this.  They will put out a plan that says in 10 or 20 years of work we do this, this and this, we can catch up to where City-X now is... somehow completely ignorant of the fact that come 10 or 20 years from now, we will again be looking at City-X again realizing that we are STILL 10 years, or more, behind as they have also been progressing during those years.  

Wish we had more leadership that would be bold and visionary, and think of leapfrogging our competitor cities, vrs the same ol same ol "catch up" game that keeps us forever 10 and 20 years or so behind.  

Lets quit "following" and instead Lead.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 01:20:25 pm by TheArtist » Logged

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org