A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2019, 07:28:07 am
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Okla Legislature 2nd Worse in Nation  (Read 64951 times)
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #450 on: February 20, 2019, 09:52:40 am »

Guess we must be a bunch of unwashed heathens out here

Oh! You weren't asking for a show of hands? I'll put mine down then. How embarrassing.

Ed

Reality has a well known liberal bias.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #451 on: March 02, 2019, 11:38:28 am »

Oklahoma has too many people in prison, a higher portion of its population than any state. Itís frustrating that we continue to incarcerate people who have no place behind bars years after SQ 780 made clear the intent of the people.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/opinion/editorials/tulsa-world-editorial-make-state-question-retroactive/article_a0daf924-a0f6-5ba3-aea8-35ea90b41396.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Tulsa Zephyr
Activist

« Reply #452 on: March 02, 2019, 09:33:34 pm »

Not only is Oklahoma higher in proportion to any other state in locking  people up, it's the highest in the world.  Standing tall.  We should be the safest state in the nation.

"My ambition is handicapped by laziness."  Charles Bukowski
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #453 on: March 03, 2019, 03:33:37 pm »

Not only is Oklahoma higher in proportion to any other state in locking  people up, it's the highest in the world.  Standing tall.  We should be the safest state in the nation.

Lol...yeah.  Should be.   Still rushing to be #1 in all the worst things and #50 in all the best things!

How the heck do ya educate people who refuse to see or think....?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I donít share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #454 on: March 03, 2019, 09:27:39 pm »

Oklahoma has too many people in prison, a higher portion of its population than any state. Itís frustrating that we continue to incarcerate people who have no place behind bars years after SQ 780 made clear the intent of the people.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/opinion/editorials/tulsa-world-editorial-make-state-question-retroactive/article_a0daf924-a0f6-5ba3-aea8-35ea90b41396.html

Oklahoma has too many people in prison, a higher portion of its population than any place on earth.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #455 on: March 04, 2019, 08:18:54 pm »

Oklahoma has too many people in prison, a higher portion of its population than any place on earth.

That, and Taser deaths.

Meanwhile,

At least two "feel-good" bills criminalizing abortion and another that makes inciting police a hate crime passed legislative committees despite knowing that none would pass constitutional muster, while a corrective measure that would hold those legislators financially responsible for laws they authored if those laws are later challenged in court and found to be unconstitutional wasnt even heard in committee.

Its like Vaudeville theater without the blackface.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/government-and-politics/proposed-laws-noteworthy-bills-still-alive-in-the-legislature-as/collection_2b21c25f-c116-590c-9e6c-25ab43ade0cd.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org