A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2018, 06:18:51 am
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop building new prisons in Oklahoma  (Read 32281 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Montana soon...

« Reply #150 on: November 07, 2018, 10:37:00 am »

You haven't read all of my comments have you - I am much more moderate than what you seem to 'see'.  Go back and look at my replies (attacks) on the left with their gun control BS.

Now into projection, I see...

True - Gene Stipe (Dem) was a master of getting a vastly disproportionate share of state money for his area.   And he, of course, got his fair share of "consulting fees" from lobbyists and organizations.  As did Charlie Ford (Rep) at about the same time.  They knew how to work with each other for the good of themselves...and sometimes even the good of the state!

And now we have the next Mary Failin' clone to carry on her bad tradition!!   "Go Team Stupid.!!"   Or "Go Team Vote For The Guy Whose Business Practices Get Him Banned For Life In Georgia!"

All fair points.  However, I very nearly started working for Gateway in 2015.  At the time their office was just down the street from mine.  I also knew several people who worked there from an old employer.  And when I say knew them, I worked very closely with them with for several years at this employer.  I got the impression they didn't like Stitt.  Not necessarily for his business dealings, but his overt religion that he infused into the company.  Example:  they held prayer before the beginning of every business day (I heard, I have no way of confirming this to be true)j.  And while that may not be illegal, if I'd have started working for that company and found this out on day one, I'd have been gone.  If you want that kind of proselytizing in your place of employment, then go work for Hobby Lobby or Chick Fil A.  I also heard some of these individuals I knew didn't care for some of his business practices.  That could be any business owner.  But this guy is talking about running Oklahoma like a business.  Wait, who said that about 8 years ago?....  Ah yes, Mary Failin.  Stitt is just going to be Fallin v2.0 I'm afraid.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #151 on: November 07, 2018, 11:21:39 am »

All fair points.  However, I very nearly started working for Gateway in 2015.  At the time their office was just down the street from mine.  I also knew several people who worked there from an old employer.  And when I say knew them, I worked very closely with them with for several years at this employer.  I got the impression they didn't like Stitt.  Not necessarily for his business dealings, but his overt religion that he infused into the company.  Example:  they held prayer before the beginning of every business day (I heard, I have no way of confirming this to be true)j.  And while that may not be illegal, if I'd have started working for that company and found this out on day one, I'd have been gone.  If you want that kind of proselytizing in your place of employment, then go work for Hobby Lobby or Chick Fil A. 

http://www.newson6.com/story/38458020/truth-test-kevin-stitts-business-record

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #152 on: November 07, 2018, 08:19:15 pm »

Funny you say that because Gateway Mortgage is not banned from Georgia or any other states. That was the biggest negative I heard about Stitt... which is an attack on his billion-dollar company that he founded himself. Please find me a billion dollar company that has had zero mishaps or run-ins with regulations, especially with 1,300+ employees in 41 states in a highly-regulated industry.

You missed the payoff event earlier this year to get that cleared in time for the election cycle.  At the first of this year, the ban was still in place.

His company - HE is responsible.  And it has had "mishaps" repeatedly across many states.  This is a pattern of behavior that IS driven from the top.

Ahhh...since others did it, that makes it all right...!!   I have said before that if someone has accumulated $1 Billion in personal wealth, they have engaged in at the very least, shady activities, and in MOST cases, illegal activities. 

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I donít share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org