A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:33:34 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Walk signals on Brady?  (Read 3752 times)
TheTed
City Father

« on: November 02, 2012, 11:46:14 am »

I noticed what looked to be walk signals were installed for pedestrians on Brady who are crossing Cincinnati and Detroit.

That is very much needed. No more darting across a ridiculously wide street.

All I saw were the pedestrian signals. Anybody know if it's going to be regular stop-lighted intersection, or what?

All the sidewalk improvements in that area are great, too. Next season, the walk from the Brady District to the ballpark will be 10x more pleasant and safer than it has been in the past.

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 09:31:12 am »

I wonder what the net gain is for on street parking with the new curb and sidewalk improvements?
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 12:38:43 pm »

To answer my own question for anyone who cares, they're putting in stoplights with walk signals  on Cincinnati and Detroit at each street's intersection with Brady. A much needed improvement to compensate for the piss-poor urban street design there.

Put in some islands in the middle of the super-wide streets, bike lanes and/or other traffic calming devices and it wouldn't be nearly as scary to walk across.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 12:51:57 pm »

Crossing Detroit at Brady after a Drillers game is a sport in its own.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 01:26:38 pm »

Jenks has signs in the middle of the road at the crosswalks on Main St in the business area.  The signs say to stop for pedestrians in the crosswalk.  They are not painted on the pavement, they are stand up signs.  Maybe something like that would benefit the Cherry St area.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org