A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:40:15 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whataburger at 21st and Yale  (Read 8676 times)
tulsa1603
Philanthropist

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2012, 05:53:01 pm »

Has anyone else noticed this building?  The back faces the intersection, and the "front" where all the windows are faces back towards the west?  Not that I had high hopes for a fast food restaurant, but couldn't they at least give people driving by something to look at besides the employee entrance and the line of cars in the drive through?  Ridiculous!

tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2012, 04:00:19 pm »

Yea - it is really odd - probably just trying to attract their "clientele" i.e. Wal-Mart customers. But on the bright side, it does completely hide Wal-Mart if driving south on Yale all the way to the intersection.

/ glass half-full - yaddayadda  Grin
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2012, 05:47:48 pm »

Yea - it is really odd - probably just trying to attract their "clientele" i.e. Wal-Mart customers. But on the bright side, it does completely hide Wal-Mart if driving south on Yale all the way to the intersection.

Hiding a Wal-Mart with a Whataburger?  That makes sense.  Roll Eyes

I will say the outdoor lighting around the Panda Express is much more sedate than any Whataburger I have seen.
So my concern at this point is, unless Whataburger suddenly decides to break their old bad floodlighting habits, they will overwhelm the Panda Express, who will then feel the need to "ratchet" their lighting to keep up.

FYI, the city only addresses non-complying lighting by citizen complaints to the MAC.  If that should be necessary, the more the merrier...

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org