A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:05:55 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Vault  (Read 22935 times)
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2012, 02:20:04 pm »

There's no reason to be nice to TTC. I'm sick of him crapping nonsense all over every thread. He's not trying to converse, the only reason he posts is to piss people off. It’s probably the only way he can get anyone in his life to notice him. Negative feedback is still feedback after all.

You are obviously not kind.

Nonsense? Supply demand theory and financial integrity are crapping nonsense? I think you believe you have clout with the TNF click. If I wanted people to notice me I wouldn't do it with just a dozen or so pudits talking about downtown and lousy finances.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2012, 02:22:57 pm »

If I wanted people to notice me I wouldn't do it with just a dozen or so pudits talking about downtown and lousy finances.

If you feel so poorly about this forum, go.  Find one you feel fits you better.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2012, 02:31:00 pm »

If you feel so poorly about this forum, go.  Find one you feel fits you better.

Once again, you are putting words into my posts that I never said.

I really get a thrill out of yanking your chain....
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2012, 02:31:15 pm »

You are obviously not kind.

Nonsense? Supply demand theory and financial integrity are crapping nonsense? I think you believe you have clout with the TNF click. If I wanted people to notice me I wouldn't do it with just a dozen or so pudits talking about downtown and lousy finances.

Why don’t you elucidate us on the specifics of your take on microeconomic supply and demand theory as it applies to the market for downtown restaurants in a midsized city?

Why don’t you plot this out for us? Use the standard supply=f(p) and demand=f(p) with the formula for supply written as D=a-bp ; a=intercept , b=slope and supply as: S=c+dp ;c=intercept , d=slope.

Show us where would you say we are with regards to supply and demand in the downtown restaurant market.

Come on, this is micro econ 101, first week in class smart guy. Tell us more about “supply and demand theory”.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2012, 02:36:42 pm »

Why don’t you elucidate us on the specifics of your take on microeconomic supply and demand theory as it applies to the market for downtown restaurants in a midsized city?

Why don’t you plot this out for us? Use the standard supply=f(p) and demand=f(p) with the formula for supply written as D=a-bp ; a=intercept , b=slope and supply as: S=c+dp ;c=intercept , d=slope.

Show us where would you say we are with regards to supply and demand in the downtown restaurant market.

Come on, this is micro econ 101, first week in class smart guy. Tell us more about “supply and demand theory”.

No. That would lack the relevant data. I'm just trying to point out that there's a problem with what I see unfolding. You go with your beliefs. I'm sticking to the theory we have too many restaurants with too few customers in a narrow area of this metropolis. There will be fallout.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2012, 02:39:26 pm »

No. That would lack the relevant data. I'm just trying to point out that there's a problem with what I see unfolding. You go with your beliefs. I'm sticking to the theory we have too many restaurants with too few customers in a narrow area of this metropolis. There will be fallout.

So this is in the same line of your BOK center failure?  That theory's not going so hot.
TylerBGoode
Activist

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2012, 02:53:19 pm »

I look forward to trying this place out. Thanks for the insight and photos, Conan.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2012, 03:03:22 pm »

I look forward to trying this place out. Thanks for the insight and photos, Conan.

There we go.  Admin, feel like deleting every post on this thread except for this last one from TylerBGoode and Conan's post about the Vault?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2012, 03:07:16 pm »

It's a fun night out for sure.  To top it off, they were shooting a commercial in the alley just to the north when we wandered back out.

And for what it's worth, I do get where TTC's sense of caution comes from though he's not overly eloquent in his delivery and it comes out as doom and gloom.  We've had euphoric boom times in Tulsa when there was a lot of expansion all at once only to be replaced with a lot of empty storefronts in a matter of a few years.  The mid-80's comes to mind for one thing, at least locally.

I started working at 5th & Boulder for Urban Tulsa in June 1991 in a small storefront in the Pythian Building and remember what a ghost town downtown seemed like at the time.  It's pretty exciting to see how much more vibrant it has become in 21 years.  I think critical mass is nearing though and it's sustainable.  Like any area, there will be winners and losers and some turn-over but I don't see a scenario (barring total financial armageddon) where downtown becomes a passing fad and it goes back to the downtown of 1991.  That's the nature of business.  Bars or restaurants I figured would last six months have gained a loyal following in the area.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2012, 05:19:50 pm »

It's a fun night out for sure.  To top it off, they were shooting a commercial in the alley just to the north when we wandered back out.

And for what it's worth, I do get where TTC's sense of caution comes from though he's not overly eloquent in his delivery and it comes out as doom and gloom.  We've had euphoric boom times in Tulsa when there was a lot of expansion all at once only to be replaced with a lot of empty storefronts in a matter of a few years.  The mid-80's comes to mind for one thing, at least locally.

I started working at 5th & Boulder for Urban Tulsa in June 1991 in a small storefront in the Pythian Building and remember what a ghost town downtown seemed like at the time.  It's pretty exciting to see how much more vibrant it has become in 21 years.  I think critical mass is nearing though and it's sustainable.  Like any area, there will be winners and losers and some turn-over but I don't see a scenario (barring total financial armageddon) where downtown becomes a passing fad and it goes back to the downtown of 1991.  That's the nature of business.  Bars or restaurants I figured would last six months have gained a loyal following in the area.

There really needs to be sustainable residential units in the area though.  More than are currently there.  It's better than it was, but until you convince people to live downtown, they won't.

It isn't as hard a sell, however, as it was 10 years ago.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2012, 05:25:35 pm »

There we go.  Admin, feel like deleting every post on this thread except for this last one from TylerBGoode and Conan's post about the Vault?

I can see where this schmo wants to eviscerate his comments. I'll stand by mine.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2012, 09:28:12 pm »

There really needs to be sustainable residential units in the area though.  More than are currently there.  It's better than it was, but until you convince people to live downtown, they won't.

I don't think its exactly about "convincing" people to live downtown.  There is a good percentage of the population that prefers living in an urban setting, but we are only now just beginning to be able to offer that.  We have been averaging around 300 new people moving into downtown per year and I see no reason why that rate should not steadily increase. 

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2012, 09:38:17 pm »

I see no reason why that rate should not steadily increase. 

I hope you are right, partly for selfish reasons. If people want to live in a dense environment, downtown should be the place to be.  That would ease what I think is faux density here in the 'burbs which would ease the requirements for 27 lane highways.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2012, 12:00:34 am »

I can see where this schmo wants to eviscerate his comments. I'll stand by mine.

Just trying to help you out before it's too late.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2012, 10:02:00 am »

There's enough amenities and employers downtown and in the near area to help convince them.  Wink

They've got to get a good grocery option open there soon.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org