A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:04:25 pm
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hobby Lobby or How I Chose God Over Country  (Read 105153 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

Re:
« Reply #195 on: July 02, 2014, 09:33:46 am »

Employer's get a more stable workforce where what might be day to day concerns of dealing with these items on an individual basis are eliminated.  It is a very comprehensive win/win for both side.  

How can you not get that if you are as involved in 'business' as you would seem to be?

Excellent! Logic would then dictate that it would be advantageous (to employers, employees, and the state as a whole) to mandate that all employers provide child-care, food, clothing, transportation and housing for all employees. Again, because employers would get a more stable workforce where what might be day to day concerns of dealing with these items on an individual basis are eliminated.  It is a very comprehensive win/win for both side.

It would be ridiculous to stop at healthcare since it represents such a small portion of the financial burden's placed on the American worker, especially when all of these things could be rationed by the employers and regulated by the state!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #196 on: July 02, 2014, 10:02:23 am »

Very small group - and all of those could go to Planned Parenthood for a sliding scale cost for that or other type contraception prevention.  The cost isn't the issue at all - other means are available.  The two issues are the HL change of policy when they saw an opportunity to try to "tweak" this administration - the hypocrisy of their management.

And the personhood issues from an activist, reactionary, SCOTUS.      Is there an agreement point between us here on what the court has done??  Pretty amazing - common ground!  (I won't even go into whether we agree on if it is a good thing or bad thing - just a meeting in the middle is pretty good!)

I didn’t like Citizens United as it opened the floodgates to lots of dirty money coming into politics as if our political system weren’t corrupt enough already.

I could honestly care less about the supposed hypocritical management at HL.  They are free to change policy at their own peril of losing customers and/or employees.  What has pissed me off about the fall out is all the unnecessary hyperbole and blathering from the left that makes it sound as if all women do is lay on their back and breed all damn day.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

Re:
« Reply #197 on: July 02, 2014, 10:29:25 am »

Excellent! Logic would then dictate that it would be advantageous (to employers, employees, and the state as a whole) to mandate that all employers provide child-care, food, clothing, transportation and housing for all employees. Again, because employers would get a more stable workforce where what might be day to day concerns of dealing with these items on an individual basis are eliminated.  It is a very comprehensive win/win for both side.

It would be ridiculous to stop at healthcare since it represents such a small portion of the financial burden's placed on the American worker, especially when all of these things could be rationed by the employers and regulated by the state!

That is just the way the system has evolved to date.  Logic does dictate more and more of those things to the forward looking, highly successful companies we "pine away" over here in Oklahoma.  Google is the latest/greatest of perks in the country right now.  Well, except for the facility in Pryor.... But some of their other facilities have amazing things going on.

You mention food...32,000 employees - free food.  Of course, they simply can't be competitive with that kind of stuff going on....according to Okie logic.

http://www.gourmet.com/food/gourmetlive/2012/030712/inside-googles-kitchens

It's called "law of supply and demand" - isn't that one of the cornerstones of capitalism...??

Uh, oh....google is also putting in that other bug-a-boo of Oklahoma's ignorance - renewable energy!  Wind power!  I just wonder when the peasants will show up at the gates with pitchforks, torches, and scythes....

http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2013/09/23/google-buys-former-gatorade-plant-near-oklahoma-data-center/

Actually, your little piece of nirvana was one of the ways things were done in the past.  There have even been songs written about the company towns....  And Hershey!!  Yum - chocolate!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #198 on: July 02, 2014, 12:46:39 pm »

Every side has its over-reactors

Your pic has people holding up signs. Where's the overreaction?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #199 on: July 02, 2014, 01:00:47 pm »

Your pic has people holding up signs. Where's the overreaction?

They look like they're waiting for Miggs to throw something.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #200 on: July 02, 2014, 01:15:47 pm »

They look like they're waiting for Miggs to throw something.

Oh, that's what they are doing.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #201 on: July 02, 2014, 01:18:57 pm »

Oh, that's what they are doing.

Ew
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #202 on: July 02, 2014, 01:24:59 pm »

And as I’ve illustrated in the math, there’s an incredibly small percentage of HL’s workforce who would not be able to get an employer paid-for IUD considering 8.5% of women in the U.S. rely on an IUD as their primary form of contraception.

Well, we crossed the bridge on corporate personhood a few years back.  Now we’ve determined corporations people that happen to form closely held corporations still have religious rights.

Just tweaking the post.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #203 on: July 02, 2014, 01:44:47 pm »

Just tweaking the post.

Yeah....what Conan said....Now we’ve determined corporations have religious rights.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #204 on: July 02, 2014, 02:54:45 pm »

LGBT's could incorporate and merge.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #205 on: July 02, 2014, 04:37:12 pm »

LGBT's could incorporate and merge.

Speaking of LGBT.

One of the more air-headed quotes I’ve seen yet on the SCROTUS decision: “What does this ruling on contraception mean to the LGBT community?”

Uh, okay.  Threre just aren’t enough face palms.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #206 on: July 02, 2014, 06:03:02 pm »

I know it's from EVIL Fox, but Megyn Kelly does a decent job at explaining how dumb many of the arguments about the HL are.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/30/megyn-kelly-takes-on-sandra-fluke-video/

And for those hating on Kelly, remember she was the one that tore Darth Cheney a new one to his face a little while ago.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #207 on: July 02, 2014, 06:15:40 pm »

Ew

Here is some rationale behavior.

http://weaselzippers.us/191766-feminist-columnist-maybe-women-should-organize-a-fck-in-at-every-hobby-lobby-across-the-country/

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #208 on: July 02, 2014, 06:49:46 pm »

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #209 on: July 02, 2014, 06:51:58 pm »

Yuck.

Now, for a quick diversion - they make M & M's with DARK chocolate!!   Who knew....??

And if they did, why didn't anyone tell me??

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org