A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:20:56 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey White Guys! (you know who you are...)  (Read 13503 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2012, 06:52:28 pm »

Kinda like Romney's supporters are covering for his being the candidate who 'likes to fire people'.

Wait..what?

Wait.... Who is claiming to have been a Constitutional Law Professor.  I would think someone with those credentials should be able to communicate to all levels of education with absolute clarity.  Are you trying to say that Obama's off teleprompter public speaking skills are barely on par with GWB's?  Wow, what a putdown of your candidate.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2012, 07:18:31 pm »

Wait.... Who is claiming to have been a Constitutional Law Professor.  I would think someone with those credentials should be able to communicate to all levels of education with absolute clarity.  Are you trying to say that Obama's off teleprompter public speaking skills are barely on par with GWB's?  Wow, what a putdown of your candidate.

No, no.

My point being is BOTH sides like to take quotes out of context.  See what I did there?  You obviously didn't pick up on it.  In other words, from what I hear, it's ok if the republicans take the President's words out of context, but God forbid if the democrats do that to poor little Mittens.

The Republicans COUNT on their base not researching issues or quotes of what the 'other guy' said.  In other words, they count on their base to not be as informed.

But then again, that base gets the majority of their information from either Fox News or the Drudge Report.  So what can you expect?

« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 07:36:18 pm by Hoss » Logged

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2012, 07:58:21 pm »

No, no.

My point being is BOTH sides like to take quotes out of context.  See what I did there?  You obviously didn't pick up on it.

You must be taking lessons from someone else here in talking down to fellow TNFers. 

I saw what you did, it was rather obvious.

I chose to emphasize that Obama is supposed to be highly educated in a field that should be able to communicate clearly but for some reason he is not doing so.  I am well aware that both sides will take any opportunity to use the opposite side's candidate's words against them.

In other words, from what I hear, it's ok if the republicans take the President's words out of context, but God forbid if the democrats do that to poor little Mittens.

I know what you mean.  I see the same thing from the opposite side.  (See, I can do that too.)

The Republicans COUNT on their base not researching issues or quotes of what the 'other guy' said.  In other words, they count on their base to not be as informed.  But then again, that base gets the majority of their information from either Fox News or the Drudge Report.  So what can you expect?

I believe the rank and file Democratic voters are every bit the lemmings you claim the Republican voters to be.  (See again, I can do that twice.)

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2012, 08:16:01 pm »

You must be taking lessons from someone else here in talking down to fellow TNFers. 

I saw what you did, it was rather obvious.

I chose to emphasize that Obama is supposed to be highly educated in a field that should be able to communicate clearly but for some reason he is not doing so.  I am well aware that both sides will take any opportunity to use the opposite side's candidate's words against them.

I know what you mean.  I see the same thing from the opposite side.  (See, I can do that too.)

I believe the rank and file Democratic voters are every bit the lemmings you claim the Republican voters to be.  (See again, I can do that twice.)

And all this is fine and dandy by me.  There likely never existed two politically, diametrically opposed people on the planet.  I don't have a problem with that.  I'll never try and change you.

I don't know why many Republicans I know try and change me.  It's the same as proselytizing.  I'm in my mid 40s and likely will never change my views of the right and politics in general.  Especially the kooky side that has somehow taken hold of the mainstream.

I guess I call BS now that the republicans are playing the 'poor little us' card, when the SOP of the Republicans in the last two election cycles has been to bash everything and everybody on the left.  Now they're getting a taste of their own medicine.  Now that the Dems have grown a pair.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2012, 08:43:55 pm »

I'll never try and change you.  I don't know why many Republicans I know try and change me.  It's the same as proselytizing. 

I think we all would like to believe that just maybe something we post (or say elsewhere) will cause someone to think a bit outside of their political box and see the light.  The reality is that the probability of that happening is somewhat near zero.

I'm in my mid 40s and likely will never change my views of the right and politics in general.

Your mind is made up.  I won't try to confuse you with facts.   Grin

Especially the kooky side that has somehow taken hold of the mainstream.

FOX is not the entire mainstream.  In fact, many claim it is not the mainstream at all.  If you are only talking about the extreme right becoming a big voice in the Republican Party in general, I would agree.  Unfortunately, I still see the left as worse so my lesser of two evils is not the same as yours.  It will be interesting to see how long it takes for someone to claim that Obama in really a Republican.

I guess I call BS now that the republicans are playing the 'poor little us' card, when the SOP of the Republicans in the last two election cycles has been to bash everything and everybody on the left.  Now they're getting a taste of their own medicine.  Now that the Dems have grown a pair.

I call BS on the concept that the left has always played nice until now.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2012, 06:27:53 am »

For a man with such a fine education, he sure gets misunderstood a lot.  Either that or his supporters are trying to cover for him.

He does not get misunderstood.  Every now and then he slips and says exactly what he feels.  His dependence on the Teleprompter is not so that he can speak publicly.  He's an excellent speaker without it.  The Teleprompter is so that he doesn't speak publicly. 

Every one of his "off prompter" moments opens a window into President Obama real political philosophy.  He doesn't stumble, or correct himself.  Sure there are lots of "ums" and "uhs" but thats because he is trying very hard to communicate without speaking his mind.  When you stammer as you speak, it is because your brain is attempting to edit your message and fill the dead space in the process.

As far as President Obama being a constitutional scholar, I think he is quite well versed in constitutional law, but he sees it as unjust, and his goals are to fundamentally transform it. 

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2012, 06:50:20 am »

He does not get misunderstood.  Every now and then he slips and says exactly what he feels.  His dependence on the Teleprompter is not so that he can speak publicly.  He's an excellent speaker without it.  The Teleprompter is so that he doesn't speak publicly. 

Every one of his "off prompter" moments opens a window into President Obama real political philosophy.  He doesn't stumble, or correct himself.  Sure there are lots of "ums" and "uhs" but thats because he is trying very hard to communicate without speaking his mind.  When you stammer as you speak, it is because your brain is attempting to edit your message and fill the dead space in the process.

As far as President Obama being a constitutional scholar, I think he is quite well versed in constitutional law, but he sees it as unjust, and his goals are to fundamentally transform it. 

Wow, you could knock me over with a feather.  I've seen posts about black helicopters around here.  They could apply to you as well.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2012, 07:36:37 am »

It will be interesting to see how long it takes for someone to claim that Obama in really a Republican.

Wow!  You really are getting old!  You and I have had that small discussion here before where I said pretty much that and you disagreed....

He has been acting like a moderate Republican - even going so far as taking their previous positions and getting them passed - mandatory participation in health insurance just like Mitt!  He's just a "me too" copycat....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2012, 11:11:16 am »

Wow!  You really are getting old!  You and I have had that small discussion here before where I said pretty much that and you disagreed....

Talk about old ...  It took you almost 11 hours to come back with that.  I was expecting something last night.

And we still disagree.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2012, 12:20:28 pm »

Talk about old ...  It took you almost 11 hours to come back with that.  I was expecting something last night.

And we still disagree.

I was busy.  Sleeping last night and working today... ain't it a bit$h?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2012, 08:00:50 pm »

Does racial bias fuel Obama foes? How to tell?

http://news.yahoo.com/does-racial-bias-fuel-obama-foes-tell-174202068--election.html

Her conclusion is based on something called "implicit bias"— prejudices that people don't realize they have.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2012, 09:06:07 pm »

But that's just a belief...the other is fact!  Can be shown with known and well proven engineering principles....

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2012, 10:08:22 pm »

But that's just a belief...the other is fact!  Can be shown with known and well proven engineering principles....

You are blowing smoke again.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2012, 11:43:22 am »

You are blowing smoke again.

No, sadly...if it was legal, maybe.  But not now.  Unlike the RWRE, I not only don't break the law (much - no major felonies), and also cannot afford to buy Congress.  So, I am just stuck here in the middle with you....and the rest of us.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org