A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:25:42 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FAILING USA EMPIRE???  (Read 8610 times)
shadows
City Father

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2012, 04:26:03 pm »

It's called a rate. If something cost a dollar ten years ago and today it costs $1.21, what is the average rate of inflation per year?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
The average inflation rate over 10 years would by simple math be .008264462809%.  By compound math it would be the same over 10 years but figures but would change yearly.

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2012, 05:38:55 pm »

RM: being in the poor class we have to drive second hand cars which have an appetite for oil.  We have bought oil by the case at $12.00 over the years.  We stopped to pickup a case at the automotive store and they rang it up at $80.00 including sales taxes.  Figured your way of determining inflation at eleven percent should apply to all products or is this normal economy growth we are to expect in the coming years? 

We need to vote more taxes and create more government jobs to spend ourselves into prosperity.   We no longer need to print any bogus greenbacks under the $50.00 bills which will create jobs, increase the children’s math and allow more banks to charter.

rhymnrzn
Activist

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2012, 05:56:54 am »

We need to vote more taxes and create more government jobs to spend ourselves into prosperity.

ah, but the life is not contained in the abundance of possessions....

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2012, 06:41:14 am »

ah, but the life is not contained in the abundance of possessions....

Money isn't everything but it's way ahead of whatever is in second place.   Grin

rhymnrzn
Activist

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2012, 07:07:53 am »

Money isn't everything but it's way ahead of whatever is in second place.   Grin
I'll give you this much credit, that money is liable to grow wings and sprout heads of its own.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2012, 07:46:21 am »

Shadows and rhymnrzn have a thread.  Welcome to the far end of the interwebs.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2012, 07:47:31 am »

Of course we can always re-purpose it and talk about USA Drug being bought out by Walgreens.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2012, 07:54:55 am »

Of course we can always re-purpose it and talk about USA Drug being bought out by Walgreens.

And losing 13 stores in Tulsa in the process.  I wondered what was going to happen there.  Now I wonder if the remaining stores (I can think of two now; one at 4th and Sheridan and the one I use at 11th and Garnett) will be turned into Walgreens or allow to remain as they are.  If they turn into Walgreens it looks like "Target, here I come"...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2012, 07:59:13 am »

And losing 13 stores in Tulsa in the process.  I wondered what was going to happen there.  Now I wonder if the remaining stores (I can think of two now; one at 4th and Sheridan and the one I use at 11th and Garnett) will be turned into Walgreens or allow to remain as they are.  If they turn into Walgreens it looks like "Target, here I come"...

I was wondering about all the empty store fronts joining the empty QT's et al.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2012, 12:23:40 pm »

Has the USA joined the long line of empires that through wars spent themselves into oblivion that are coming back today?  Is the answer a trade war? 

We didn’t have a problem driving the inflation sky high and still rising, now how do we stabilize prices?

I dont see why this is in "Local Politics".
Dont we reserve that for Sally Kern antics?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
shadows
City Father

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2012, 05:24:27 pm »

I dont see why this is in "Local Politics".
__________________________________________________________________________________
Sorry, but since Oklahoma was given to the Indians, which was to be the Indian nation, in exchange for the rest of their land, now called USA and Tulsa now referred to in the legislature as “The state of Tulsa”; I was under the impression that the correct terms would be “Local Poliitics".     
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 05:27:24 pm by shadows » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org