A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:56:10 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bio-Diesel Shuttle Project for DT Tulsa...  (Read 29270 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2012, 06:32:07 pm »

FWIW, I moved my son into the dorms at OU this past week. There were plenty of parking lots but they were all full! I vultured a lane of parking and waited for someone to leave. I noticed that there were several old Trolley style rubber wheeled, diesel shuttles operating continuously from the lots and all of them were filled with waiting lines for the next one. Truth is, none of the parking lots were more than a couple blocks away and easily walked. A few coach buses were also operating, presumably from outlying areas.

People are attracted to the different styled rubber wheeled trolleys. They are uncomfortable, noxious and noisy but still, people wait in line for them. I think people would be more likely to jump on a real, railed trolley than any thing MTTA would offer. JMO.

Ohhhhh, noooooooo....not OU!!!

Sadness of epic scale.

Well,while you are trying to talk him out of stuff - engineering is a top candidate to be talked out of.  Wouldn't wish it on my kids, ever....but they did it anyway....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2012, 07:15:28 pm »

We seem to be a generation that is unhappy with our choices in life. Big boost for therapists.

My son, my last born son, has accumulated lots of life experiences from work, church, volunteerism, travel, friends and family. He has great perseverance, focus and a good attitude. Its hard to see him go. Probably a soft sciences guy.

Anyway, what ever happened to your bus RV conversion project? I think I saw the bus this Bio-Diesel Shuttle project has in mind on C-list. I so want to warn him against it until he talks to someone intimately involved with a fleet. Those buses can be a nightmare to keep operable unless they have someone familiar with their idiosyncrasies.

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2012, 07:02:14 am »

We seem to be a generation that is unhappy with our choices in life. Big boost for therapists.

My son, my last born son, has accumulated lots of life experiences from work, church, volunteerism, travel, friends and family. He has great perseverance, focus and a good attitude. Its hard to see him go. Probably a soft sciences guy.

Anyway, what ever happened to your bus RV conversion project? I think I saw the bus this Bio-Diesel Shuttle project has in mind on C-list. I so want to warn him against it until he talks to someone intimately involved with a fleet. Those buses can be a nightmare to keep operable unless they have someone familiar with their idiosyncrasies.

I have been very happy in the work as an engineer - it is the financial rewards part that is lacking.  Goes to our discussions elsewhere about the rugged individualist who built his company "all by himself" - except for those guys who got the patents for him on the equipment that brings in millions per year in revenue - to this day!   And the reward is "layoff".  But the "rugged individualist" who "made it all happen" is still "clipping coupons" on that here in town.  And except for that one little aspect, the company is a very good one that comes close to treating people well and where I still have good friends. 

Bus is very slow moving right now.  Have friends with buses - it is amazing how many of 'those kind of people' are out there - and when the current work/travel commotion slows, it will be the next big project I get going.  Trying to finish some smaller projects now to get onto that.  (Have a travel trailer I am putting a new roof on right now - bigger and more liveable than the current one we use for vacation, etc.)  Still gotta get that sawmill so can make the internal cabinetry, etc....

Does it sound like my life is too full of commotion?  Does to me....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2012, 10:12:58 am »

1970's song..."Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy".

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2012, 01:22:53 pm »

1970's song..."Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy".

Oooppssss...too late....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org