A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:08:12 am
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Laffa: new "Medi-Eastern" place in Brady District  (Read 8770 times)
Jeff P
Civic Leader

« on: July 30, 2012, 02:17:07 pm »

This looks like it will be good.

The owners of Cosmo Cafe are opening a "Medi-Eastern" place in the Brady District.  It will be on the first floor of the Fairfield Inn building.

"We will have plenty of mezze (appetizers) and a few entrees, largely vegetarian but with some meat dishes, too," Phil Kaiser said. "The food will be Middle Eastern, but we won't do the Arabic music and hookah thing. The atmosphere will be similar in style to Cosmo."

http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=371&articleid=20120730_371_0_Mirand997305

Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 02:20:27 pm »

Wild. I tried to post this within 15 seconds of you and it wouldn't allow it because is saw the same IP.
When I tried to post about 30 seconds later, it said I had already posted but it was this post.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 02:21:41 pm »

Wild. I tried to post this within 15 seconds of you and it wouldn't allow it because is saw the same IP.
When I tried to post about 30 seconds later, it said I had already posted but it was this post.

You must falafel about that.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 02:24:17 pm »

Very cool....Miranda has true mid east flavoring experience.

Can't miss.....
Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 02:57:59 pm »

You must falafel about that.

Nice.  Cheesy

DTowner
City Father

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 03:34:24 pm »

It's nice to see a local place go in here.  It is also nice to see a type of food/drink that is not currently covered downtown (other than the lunch only place on Main).

That said, I was disappointed with the food/drinks at Cosmo Cafe, so I hope that is not indicative of this new effort.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 03:47:09 pm »

That said, I was disappointed with the food/drinks at Cosmo Cafe, so I hope that is not indicative of this new effort.

I'm surprised.  I've always had good experiences there.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 03:47:43 pm »

It's nice to see a local place go in here.  It is also nice to see a type of food/drink that is not currently covered downtown (other than the lunch only place on Main).

Really? I love Cosmo, it's one of the best places in Brookside.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 04:43:54 pm »

I love Cosmo Cafe as well. If I could only convince them to put sports on the TV, I would call it home.

Power is nothing till you use it.
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 06:49:13 am »

They make the best grilled cheese I've had.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 01:35:38 pm »

I have a pretty non-fancy pallet, but I did try the Shawarma at the walk up window and found it tasty. Never eaten at least 6 things in it before, likely.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 01:44:33 pm »

The space is stunning and the bar is beautiful. They will be opening "by degrees" to make sure they are ready for the business when it comes.

I'm looking forward to eating there often.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 05:13:08 pm »

I went there last night. I ate some sort of burrito/wrap contraption filled with lamb and chicken and some odd pasty type condiment. It also had other items I couldn't identify.

It was unbelievably good. Amazingly good. I want more now.

Power is nothing till you use it.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2013, 06:01:13 pm »

The space is definitely nice.
mrsgrizzle
Citizen

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2013, 09:06:17 am »

I have a pretty non-fancy pallet, but I did try the Shawarma at the walk up window and found it tasty. Never eaten at least 6 things in it before, likely.
Shouldn't you have started a restaurant review? There's a whole section for that.  Wink

I visited and had the falafel - really good, but next time I'm going to get the loaded shawarma. Fun, funky dips for the sweet potato fries as well - pomegranate ketchup and something else I can't remember. Can't wait to order from their full menu!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org